IGNORED

Elliott Bennett (MERGED)

True red

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

It's funny how now that a popular, successful manager is 'suffering' the board are to blame, yet under previous, less popular, less successful managers they weren't.

I can't remember the last time we had a decent board. 

Can say he went for the manager but reality is he went for money and wasn't up for the challenge and wants an easy ride.

Like most, he'll go to Blackburn and his career will stagnate as they aren't a club going anywhere.

i may sound bitter but I am allowed to be and I'm sure I'm not far off the truth.... That and the fact no half decent player in this country wants to play for us

Can someone explain why this is the boards fault? Honest question. They backed Cotts with money during the summer - that's been well advertised and SL during his interview said they've been able to match wages so I'm confused as to how the board are to blame. Like I said, honest question.

15 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It's funny how now that a popular, successful manager is 'suffering' the board are to blame, yet under previous, less popular, less successful managers they weren't.

Surely BCFC need to pay championship wages ??? Are we saying that we are happy with the financial restraints that the board are putting on our manager . ???? Why can we not make a statement of intent and make a 15 k a week signing ? At the end of the day you get what you pay for !!!

6 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Can someone explain why this is the boards fault? Honest question. They backed Cotts with money during the summer - that's been well advertised and SL during his interview said they've been able to match wages so I'm confused as to how the board are to blame. Like I said, honest question.

I might not be totally correct but, I think Lansdown said wages weren't an issue. That said, he didn't say we'd actually matched other teams terms, just that we could.

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Says "Muppetinchargeciderarmy";)

:whistle:

Excuse me but we win the league and fail to sign anyone bar Kodjia permanently except a player who quits a few weeks later. The majority of the loans we sign don't even get a game, only one is any good and the only other one who was considered good, we were told on Saturday was likely to extend his loan, 3 days later he's signing for another club. Preston who are ahead of us in the league, loan a loanee who couldn't get off the bench for us. We have just 16 registered players of which O'Leary has never played, Wagstaff has been injured for much of the season, Baker and Williams are also carrying injuries !!! We will be lucky to field a team of 11 on Saturday at this rate. 

We're fast becoming a Blackpool at the start of last season and according to the manager there are no irons in the fire !

It's nothing short of a shambles.

Just now, Rich said:

I might not be totally correct but, I think Lansdown said wages weren't an issue. That said, he didn't say we'd actually matched other teams terms, just that we could.

That hits the nail on the head... Wages could be matched , but we decided not too !!!

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

So could it be then that although we could match wages (but have decided not to) it could be because some of the other clubs generate greater income to offset wages? Regards to Bennett, am I right that Blackburn generate more income than we do, for example from gate receipts and therefore be in a better position to offer larger wages? I guess with the cost of our new ground added to the club not wanting to go back to the wage structure of old that this could be a reason why SL said we could match but possibly isn't willing to?

I appreciate that's quite simplistic way of looking at it though  but I'm trying to think of the reasons

18 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Rumours of Cotterill agreeing deals with Clubs & Players then went on holiday leaving the Senior Management team to complete the paperwork....to then find they tried to renegotiate the transfer fees down....which then caused club to miss out on 2 'done deals' as far as Cotts was concerned  

could be rubbish, but Lansdown does have previous of doing deals behinds managers backs.....

16 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Can SL please just get rid of Cotts now, we won't sign anyone with that muppet in charge.

I love the muppets ... Shame our muppet can't get rid of SL and the useless tight wads who don't understand football at any level !!! CTID AND UP THE MUPPETS

4 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Excuse me but we win the league and fail to sign anyone bar Kodjia permanently except a player who quits a few weeks later. The majority of the loans we sign don't even get a game, only one is any good and the only other one who was considered good, we were told on Saturday was likely to extend his loan, 3 days later he's signing for another club. Preston who are ahead of us in the league, loan a loanee who couldn't get off the bench for us. We have just 16 registered players of which O'Leary has never played, Wagstaff has been injured for much of the season, Baker and Williams are also carrying injuries !!! We will be lucky to field a team of 11 on Saturday at this rate. 

We're fast becoming a Blackpool at the start of last season and according to the manager there are no irons in the fire !

It's nothing short of a shambles.

I think you may have misunderstood.

I was just teasing you about your forum name. Given that you want Cotts out and you referred to him as the Muppet in charge.

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

So could it be then that although we could match wages (but have decided not to) it could be because some of the other clubs generate greater income to offset wages? Regards to Bennett, am I right that Blackburn generate more income than we do, for example from gate receipts and therefore be in a better position to offer larger wages? I guess with the cost of our new ground added to the club not wanting to go back to the wage structure of old that this could be a reason why SL said we could match but possibly isn't willing to?

I doubt they'd raise as much through the gates as us currently, as they are similar in number if not slightly smaller than ours. That said, they probably have a better merchandise and sponsorship set up.

I'm not blaming cotts, he's been done by the board and their lack of experience at this level. It's tough as a fan watching us crumble but trying to remain positive that someone at the club (in a leadership role) realises that we pay over the odds to maintain our Championship status. 

As the car sticker on my Dads old banger said in 1982 "support Bristol City now or never"

1 minute ago, Frenchay Red said:

I think you may have misunderstood.

I was just teasing you about your forum name. Given that you want Cotts out and you referred to him as the Muppet in charge.

Oh okay, sorry, just mightily annoyed at what a shambles this club is becoming and we're becoming a laughing stock. Genuinely worried we might be over taken by Rovers next year at this rate.

7 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Rumours of Cotterill agreeing deals with Clubs & Players then went on holiday leaving the Senior Management team to complete the paperwork....to then find they tried to renegotiate the transfer fees down....which then caused club to miss out on 2 'done deals' as far as Cotts was concerned  

could be rubbish, but Lansdown does have previous of doing deals behinds managers backs.....

Is that confirmed? Genuinely hadn't heard that before. 

With all these rumours it's easy to understand why everyone has so much venom towards the board and Cotts. I wonder how much is true though.

I wish City had one of those secret footballers (if that's the name) that would write a book to put us out of our misery. 

1 minute ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Oh okay, sorry, just mightily annoyed at what a shambles this club is becoming and we're becoming a laughing stock. Genuinely worried we might be over taken by Rovers next year at this rate.

No probs, and it is indeed looking very bleak at the moment. Almost unbelievable that all the good work from last season has long since evaporated and we now have very little to build on if we are to avoid the drop.

I'm a bit confused as to why this is the boards fault.  They have backed so many managers.  SL was about to spend £9m on a single player, so to say that the board isn't backing the club is total madness.  

Maybe, just maybe, Bennett enjoys working for Lambert more? Or maybe, just maybe, that Blackburn have a far better recent history than us? They're 100% a bigger club than Bristol City.  

The board have no influence on that whatsoever. Some things are out of the boards control and this is one of them. They have stumped up the money time and time again. 

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I'm a bit confused as to why this is the boards fault.  They have backed so many managers.  SL was about to spend £9m on a single player, so to say that the board isn't backing the club is total madness.  

Maybe, just maybe, Bennett enjoys working for Lambert more? Or maybe, just maybe, that Blackburn have a far better recent history than us? They're 100% a bigger club than Bristol City.  

The board have no influence on that whatsoever. Some things are out of the boards control and this is one of them. They have stumped up the money time and time again. 

How many times has it got to be said ... A 9 million bid and a league one wage !!!!!! Publicity stunt

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The board and manager should be a partnership with the right amount of healthy tension. 

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

We're bigger than lots of clubs who have a full squad. 

Archived