IGNORED

We are worse under Johnson....

Andy082005

21 minutes ago, RedDave said:

So the troll doesn't have an answer.  

I agree that Freeman was poor. 

Now, I am asking you why you thought Bryan was awful.  

Ahhhh the old 'troll' name calling. Just because I don't sit and watch through rose tinted spectacles. 

For what it's worth I thought large parts of the game passed him by, and like the other midfielders around him...did absolutely nothing with the ball when he had it at his feet. That's not just him mind....that's all the midfield. 

They do absolutely nothing. They create nothing and their play is so pedestrian, slow and predictable. Apart from the goal....we barely created a chance. 

Same v Cardiff 

7 hours ago, Rob k said:

You Can't blame LJ for our pathetic summer transfer dealings which is where this **** up of a season stems from

You should know by now, it's always Lee Johnson's fault. Always has been, always will be.

7 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Nobody has to supply a name, we had from the January 2015 window to sign a striker, when we were top of the league and our stock was high, that's 14 months ago, if there is nobody at our club capable of unearthing another striker in 14 months something is badly wrong somewhere.

I do t believe that LJ will have the pulling power to get us a striker of the required calibre, I've nothing against the guy but his appointment still seems like a horrific, bad dream.

We should have stuck with Pembs for the remainder of the season IF the likes of Warnock and Pearson weren't available, (Warnock clearly was).

You need bite and determination, not to mention fight and the contacts, experience that Warnock, Pearson etal would have brought in, instead we've got a successful property developer with little managerial experience, zero of it greatly impressive and none in the championship, yet a championship dogfight which I fully expect him to get us relegate us.

An awful appointment at this period of time.

even if we do stay up we lose half our players to the loan team, does he really have the draw to bring in what we have, I think not.

7 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I beg to differ, there are people employed by the club who are paid to carry out this very task and they have all singularly failed to a man, 14 months and not one can unearth a (2nd striker) FFS, very unprofessional, but hey if you think it's the job of the fans to carry out this task, hey ho.

Disagree overall, as people are using lack of a striker to have a go at LJ, I'd like them to come up with a list of strikers who we realistically could have signed since LJ got the job.

Personally feel that some of the OP's comments are almost slanderous, I am amazed that he thinks he was there! He must been one of the other invisible ones who made up the "claimed" 17k crowd in the Molineux library/museum. We passed the ball really well at times in the first half, got Golbourne in behind them with some slick interplay on at least two occasions and finally worked a perfect opening for Kodjia, right on half time and .......... he screws it wide. At the risk of sounding like Andy (worlds worst summariser) Townshend, he scores there I think we go on to win the game comfortably, their fans seemed to agree as they roundly booed their team from the pitch.

My only reservation from the first half was the right side, I think if LJ could change anything he wouldn't have started Matthews (6 U21 games all season) behind Wagstaff (a couple of cameo appearances here and there all season) , sure enough straight after HT a Wolves players waltz's through the pair of them and sets up a goal they never deserved.

As for Joe Bryan, he was the most influential player on the park, tackling back well, supporting his colleagues and looking the most likely to create a chance, which he did with a lovely cross to pick out Our Man Flint.

I will agree with one thing, it was just as well that Joe was playing well, because he was having to carry the increasingly awful Freeman, I really don't know where that guys confidence has gone. On the rare occasions he shoots, he looks totally resigned to missing, before he either snatches at it widely or lays back in his armchair to loop the ball up and over the bar. He runs into blind alleys as an excuse not to have to actually create anything, and last night, regularly turned to give the ball to colleagues in a worse position than himself.

I think he only stayed on the pitch because Waggy and Matthews obviously tired badly.

As for the twattish comment about not signing a striker because of upsetting the squad, he never specified a striker he was talking about the squad as a whole and he has brought in two players since then. Does the OP honestly believe that LJ can't see we need a striker and is deliberately not signing one because of some pact with Lansdown? To what end?  Save your conspiracy theories for the pub, they might make some sort of sense after 10 pints or so.

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Ahhhh the old 'troll' name calling. Just because I don't sit and watch through rose tinted spectacles. 

For what it's worth I thought large parts of the game passed him by, and like the other midfielders around him...did absolutely nothing with the ball when he had it at his feet. That's not just him mind....that's all the midfield. 

They do absolutely nothing. They create nothing and their play is so pedestrian, slow and predictable. Apart from the goal....we barely created a chance. 

Same v Cardiff 

You obviously watch with blind mans glasses on.  Time after time he got the ball and drove forward with it. The only player to do so effectively. His cross for the goal was superb. He showed a real hunger all game and was everywhere, making challenges, winning headers and generally making things happen.

I am genuinely baffled with your point of view on him.  

7 hours ago, spudski said:

Exactly... Can't believe the new manager is getting blamed for the incompetence of others.

Why do people think the likes of Warnock are going to make any difference...they have the same tools to work with.

Individual errors cost...you can't allow for those.

Any manager that came in would struggle...because we have limited playing staff...both in ability and numbers.

The summer recruitment or lack of...and position we are in, came about because of our previous manager and his and others incompetence.

To blame the new manager for that...really?

On the footballing side, I feel there are a couple players who are not playing to instruction...LJ keeps referring to this.

I get the impression LF is one...all the skill in the world...but little understanding of playing quick one touch football.

He's like the greedy kid in the playground, who looks like a good player....but in reality...no end product.

I'm sure I recall your view that if we changed the manager and system then we have the players to be a mid table team. Incompetence as you put it comes from lack of concentration which comes from lack of confidence which comes from the manager. We looked solid under Pembo, but as SL's "right fit for the club" puts more of his mark on the team we seem to be going in the wrong direction. Hope I'm wrong, but not feeling confident.

8 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Three wins on the bounce for Neil Warnock's Rotherham. I have absolutely no doubt that they'll stay up this season. His appointment would've been the sensible choice for City. We were in no position to gamble, but gamble we did.

Yeah I mean three wins from his first four was terrible in comparison, if we're going by new manager bounces.

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You obviously watch with blind mans glasses on.  Time after time he got the ball and drove forward with it. The only player to do so effectively. His cross for the goal was superb. He showed a real hunger all game and was everywhere, making challenges, winning headers and generally making things happen.

I am genuinely baffled with your point of view on him.  

You're damn right there. It became quite evident that the team considered him to be the go to man and quite rightly so. I'm quite excited by JB in the middle.

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

Can't comment on last night's game but Bryan has been generally inconsistent to poor for most of the season. 

Agreed. But Johnson's appointment has really made him ramp it up a gear. He's been looking like the JB of last season in the last 5-6 games.

9 hours ago, Port Pete said:

Fully agree. 

For me, the appointment should've been Warnock. Instilled some nastiness required in a dog fight similar to his personality. 

My the fact Johnson doesn't seem to want to upset the current crop by signing a striker is pathetic in itself. 

Never thought I'd say it but Lansdown derserves what what he gets. That'll be relegation with this muppet at the helm, sorry puppet. 

A right back FFS!! A ******* right back. 

This club takes you to the deep depths of despair. We'll be playing those deluded plonkers from the other side next year without doubt. That said, we've a few of those plonkers who were giving the shout that they didn't want Warnock. No clue. 

Tbf ,we did n't have a right back .

Little is a wing back and not fully fit . I hate to say it not good enough at this level.

Ayling is not a strong defensive full back and IMHO not good enough in this position in the Championship.

Then we had Vyner , who is a young  Centre back , then who ?

The club should not be hit with this particular stick .

The rest of your post i agree with .

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Agreed. But Johnson's appointment has really made him ramp it up a gear. He's been looking like the JB of last season in the last 5-6 games.

Hmm... still not convinced. It's not his ability so much as his awareness at times. So often he doesn't recognize the space opening up around him that he should be looking to exploit when moving forward without the ball. Several times I have been so frustrated that their full back has taken his eye off Bryan allowing him to drift off but he doesn't, he just stands there. 

Now that's got to be down to coaching for me. Being taught how to recognize and exploit space is a skill every championship level player must understand. 

Had the OP said we are worse under LJ than Pombo, I would agree, Lj can only really claim the wins against MK and Forest as Charlton and Ipswich wins were still Pembo's starting 11 and tactics. So since then he has won 2 and lost 3, but more worrying to me is the quality of the football has decreased along with the intensity and against Cardiff the passion, but the tinkering and trying this and that from LJ has increased. We need a striker, its no good some on hear saying name one, its LJ's MA's and the rest of the scouting staff with their big list of players to know who we can get. Losing Korey is a major issue, lets hope he is back soon ash don't see where the points are going to come from now others have found form.

10 hours ago, Port Pete said:

Fully agree. 

For me, the appointment should've been Warnock. Instilled some nastiness required in a dog fight similar to his personality. 

My the fact Johnson doesn't seem to want to upset the current crop by signing a striker is pathetic in itself. 

Never thought I'd say it but Lansdown derserves what what he gets. That'll be relegation with this muppet at the helm, sorry puppet. 

A right back FFS!! A ******* right back. 

This club takes you to the deep depths of despair. We'll be playing those deluded plonkers from the other side next year without doubt. That said, we've a few of those plonkers who were giving the shout that they didn't want Warnock. No clue. 

Said it before and I'll say it again.

Bollocks.

I'd have liked Warnock and said so at the time. Simply to keep us up and then be replaced before the summer to allow improved signings for the future.

LJ has inherited a group of players who simply aren't good enough for this league, let alone any deluded desire to play in the Premiership. That would require wholesale changes throughout the team, and arguably the club. Talk of Flint being capable of "doing a job" at that level is nonsense. At times he'd not look out of place on The Downs. At others - particularly when there's a corner for "the big boys" to attack he looks imposing.

Flint is though one of a number who haven't performed this season - many have been consistent - be that poor, mediocre or good. At times some have been excellent and have improved. At times some have been poor and have gone backwards.

I don't know why LJ is seen as either a muppet or a puppet. We do seem to have easily surrendered a cushion of safety points but I'm still confident we'll stay up. And keep LJ for many seasons to come. And rebuild and become a strength to be reckoned with.

Then again Aden Flint might get a multi-million transfer to a Premiership club and we'll be left high and dry.

Guess that's football............

So we were unlucky last and the last few matches. Individual errors some poor finishing, well that sums up Cotts tenure this season

Pembo and Wade made a bigger impact by changing the formation, I feel that is the reason we pick up a few more points, however since LJ has got his feet under the table things have deteriorated.

Another poor transfer window, two loan signings who we haven't seen, I suggested at the time that would be the case and I was accused by the self appointed experts on here of talking rubbish and yet again i was proved right. Tomlin was brought in I said he was unfit and overweight I was accused of talking rubbish , I think we can say he his slowly getting fitter. At the time of these signings , there were some who was lauding the arrivals and saying Cotts wouldn't have brought in these quality players so it must have been Cotts fault for are poor recruitment, like many of us I didn't believe that theory and again time is proving us right.

Some fans (those who have been invited in for a cosy chat with Twentyman on the radio) and others have claimed that LJ had transformed the team , how they have come to form that opinion is beyond me because its simply not true. He truth he has made very little impact , I believe our upturn in fortunes was down to Pembo legacy.

LJ may have looked at the team and deemed that we were going in the right direction and felt he didn't need to change to much(that's why I don't understand the fans who said he transformed the team and claimed he was one of the best young manager around and will go on the greatness(on what bases)). He now need to prove his worth , if he keeps us up he should get the plaudits but if we go down he should take the responsibility , no excuses and no hiding.

Its time for LJ to make and impact and I wish him luck but you will always have one arm tied behind your back with this board.

25 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Had the OP said we are worse under LJ than Pombo, I would agree, Lj can only really claim the wins against MK and Forest as Charlton and Ipswich wins were still Pembo's starting 11 and tactics. So since then he has won 2 and lost 3, but more worrying to me is the quality of the football has decreased along with the intensity and against Cardiff the passion, but the tinkering and trying this and that from LJ has increased. We need a striker, its no good some on hear saying name one, its LJ's MA's and the rest of the scouting staff with their big list of players to know who we can get. Losing Korey is a major issue, lets hope he is back soon ash don't see where the points are going to come from now others have found form.

Please do get a grip. LJ trained the team for a week, including match preparation, against Ipswich, and you're trying to say he had nothing to do with it.

If you want to berate him for the last two results, fine. But stop talking out your arse.

58 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Yeah I mean three wins from his first four was terrible in comparison, if we're going by new manager bounces.

Two of which were against abject teams languishing in the bottom four (as opposed to Middlesboro and Sheffield Wednesday).

Well, time will tell of course, but appointing a manager with zero championship experience represented a massive gamble. Lansdown needs to realise that relegation would be a disaster for this club, because I can't see us selling many season tickets if we end up back in League One, shiny new stadium or not.

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Two of which were against abject teams languishing in the bottom four (as opposed to Middlesboro and Sheffield Wednesday).

Well, time will tell of course, but appointing a manager with zero championship experience represented a massive gamble. Lansdown needs to realise that relegation would be a disaster for this club, because I can't see us selling many season tickets if we end up back in League One, shiny new stadium or not.

Arguably more important that we beat those teams.

5 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

So I guess going by your post its the boards fault for not strengthening in the summer.

I guess the board didn't want to upset the apple cart by appointing a manager who would challenge them and their decisions. Maybe the other managers interviewed (if there were any) didn't see any ambition to push this club to a top 10 team, so thought stuff you.

The highlighted sentence - LJ will have a massive job on his hands to attract the players required to become mid table table team, let alone a top 6 team. If we stay up, this summer could be even more frustrating than last summer.

Yes , there are fundamentally problems with the way the club is being run.

It does seem LJ got the job because he kept in contact with SL when he left and they are on friendly terms.

SL obviously see something in Lee and he business people employ people they trust.

SL trust Lee to do a job , his CV has manager is ok to average, so they are taking a punt on LJ because he is still unproven. A young manager with a lot to prove , is that going be enough to keep us up.

4 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

So I guess going by your post its the boards fault for not strengthening in the summer.

I guess the board didn't want to upset the apple cart by appointing a manager who would challenge them and their decisions. Maybe the other managers interviewed (if there were any) didn't see any ambition to push this club to a top 10 team, so thought stuff you.

The highlighted sentence - LJ will have a massive job on his hands to attract the players required to become mid table table team, let alone a top 6 team. If we stay up, this summer could be even more frustrating than last summer.

I think the blame lies at a number of doors. Certainly at the boards - for whatever reason we didn't strengthen the squad when we were promoted. That was the time to do it and to keep riding the wave. Why didn't we? No idea. Did the board want to do it on the cheap? Was SC not the potential players' choice of manager? Who knows?

The board might not wanted to have appointed someone like Warnock who might have challenged whatever views they might have. Again I have no idea. I'd have liked to have seen Warnock here for a few months and to see if he could do here what he's done elsewhere. Why didn't he come here? No idea.

LJ does have a massive job on his hands and I agree with what you say. I also hope he's capable of achieving it.

If he doesn't then hey ho. We'll get someone else in and start all over again.........

Archived