IGNORED

We are worse under Johnson....

Andy082005

13 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Ignore knee jerk reactions to short term results, here is the real issue.

In time, LJ will eventually (A) take us up, (B) take us down, or (C) be sacked.

Is there anyone who seriously believes it will be (A)?

I genuinely don't believe it'd be B either. We could go down this season but I'd still say it's unlikely and if we are as bad next season I'd imagine Lee Johnson would get sacked and blamed like everyone else in recent years.

28 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

He is right about lansdown! He's provided a great facility for premiership rugby and a soulless bowl for the football, you really couldn't make it up. 

I remember watching a video of a certain person saying "relegation next season is not an option" well guess what? It looks like he couldn't get that right!!

Who was that...Watola? You seem to be enjoying tonight's results quite a lot by writing a complete load bollocks on most threads I've seen.

15 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Ignore knee jerk reactions to short term results, here is the real issue.

In time, LJ will eventually (A) take us up, (B) take us down, or (C) be sacked.

Is there anyone who seriously believes it will be (A)?

I'd settle for C, but I fear it will be preceded by B.

Why on earth didn't the club let Pembo and Wade carry on their good work until the end of the season.

This team has been struggling most of the season getting the odd unexpected win but mainly clinging on games like tonight are so predictable Leeds Utd away was the same both teams were bloody awful but yet again not even a point gained,same old speech we need a positive reaction after the Cardiff City or who ever result but yet again nothing changes same toothless attack no matter how much of the ball we have Freeman couldn't hit a cows arse from 2 yards,Kodjia off Wilbs on ,lack of quality crosses, woeful shots on target and letting in dreadful goals through mainly pathetic defending or keeper howlers so no i can't see any improvement under Lee Johnson thought he was the wrong appointment when given the job. 

55 minutes ago, smokey live said:

He shouldn't have to bail us out of HIS mistakes

Glad someone else said it.

Only in football can a man rack up millions of pounds worth of debt...pay  it off....and be applauded for it.

I paid off my credit card....but I don't expect a pat on the back for it 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not at all. Thought it after the Brighton and Cardiff game.

Lee Johnson = Mr cliché 

Sounds great and talks a good game, but out of his depth 

Your judging him on somebody's team who most definatley was out his depth in the championship 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Not at all. Thought it after the Brighton and Cardiff game.

Lee Johnson = Mr cliché 

Sounds great and talks a good game, but out of his depth 

Brighton was a perfect example of a team with better players doing the important things (scoring, not letting goals in) far better than us. Goals aside, they barely tested O'Donnell.

Cardiff was poor, as was tonight by the sounds of it. Don't forget we went to Nottingham Forest in the middle of that and won comfortably.

I also love how you're happy to defend casting massive, ironically clichéd opinions on a head coach based on not one but three whole games. Woah, I take it all back about the knee-jerk comments...

We didn't deserve to lose that. Two mistakes allowed a wolves team that never looked like scoring to score two. 

I can't agree that pack and joey were awful. Pack was OK and joey in the last 20 came to life and looked like he would be the difference.  His assist for the goal was superb. 

Matthews was awful second half and I can only assume this is due to a lack of match fitness. 

It was an awful game but we were the less awful of the two teams. Didn't do enough to win but didn't deserve to lose. Story of our season.

9 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

True to a point, but since LJ arrived you only seem to have anything to post about a game when we lose it?

Because Ipswich aside....we've lost every game I've watched, and we've been getting steadily worse

Tonight was truely awful. Would love to know why some people think Freeman had a good game?

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

We lost today because a goalie who has done ok for us dropped a great big clanger at the end of the game.

Bugger all to do with anything else. Right now what the table does show is just how important winning at Charlton and MK was. If we had drawn tonight, it would have been a decent result, and the gap would still be very tight.

Some on here frankly need to grow a pair. 

Exactly... Can't believe the new manager is getting blamed for the incompetence of others.

Why do people think the likes of Warnock are going to make any difference...they have the same tools to work with.

Individual errors cost...you can't allow for those.

Any manager that came in would struggle...because we have limited playing staff...both in ability and numbers.

The summer recruitment or lack of...and position we are in, came about because of our previous manager and his and others incompetence.

To blame the new manager for that...really?

On the footballing side, I feel there are a couple players who are not playing to instruction...LJ keeps referring to this.

I get the impression LF is one...all the skill in the world...but little understanding of playing quick one touch football.

He's like the greedy kid in the playground, who looks like a good player....but in reality...no end product.

15 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

We didn't deserve to lose that. Two mistakes allowed a wolves team that never looked like scoring to score two. 

I can't agree that pack and joey were awful. Pack was OK and joey in the last 20 came to life and looked like he would be the difference.  His assist for the goal was superb. 

Matthews was awful second half and I can only assume this is due to a lack of match fitness. 

It was an awful game but we were the less awful of the two teams. Didn't do enough to win but didn't deserve to lose. Story of our season.

Yep - that just about nails it for me. I really think we haven't deserved to lose at least a third of the matches I've seen this season yet we have.

I don't think we're anywhere near bad enough to go straight back down yet we might. 

Funny old game, really.

I was against Cotterill's sacking but I supported LJ's appointment, so there's no bias from my point of things.

I found us far more entertaining using the 3-5-2 system. We're just like the rest of the teams in the division now, no identity but significantly worse than them. If SC would have got his signings we'd have been different from the rest and the success would have come also.

I just don't enjoy supporting City anymore. It's been such an awful season. I shouldn't let it be the case but I just can't let go of the past. No SC, no 3-5-2, no JET - this season has just been a chore and all my enthusiasm has waned. Even our recent run of wins wasn't exciting, the identity's gone.

LJ has a big job on his hands. And like some of his predecessors, the question will hang over him, whether it's too soon or too big a task. Even experienced managers can't get success at this club, we're just badly ran and managers face an impossible task bringing Bristol City success at Championship level.

22 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Three wins on the bounce for Neil Warnock's Rotherham. I have absolutely no doubt that they'll stay up this season. His appointment would've been the sensible choice for City. We were in no position to gamble, but gamble we did.

Deluded my friend if you think Warnock is some sort of messiah.. As Spud has said you cant account for individual error's.. Rotherham wont keep on winning, three on the bounce whilst impressive isn't going to last just like our run didnt. Far too many twists and turns in this division. Rotherham are far from safe yet.

30 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Three wins on the bounce for Neil Warnock's Rotherham. I have absolutely no doubt that they'll stay up this season. His appointment would've been the sensible choice for City. We were in no position to gamble, but gamble we did.

Didn't we win 3 on the bounce in Feb? 

Archived