IGNORED

We are worse under Johnson....

Andy082005

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Two of which were against abject teams languishing in the bottom four (as opposed to Middlesboro and Sheffield Wednesday).

Two teams who, notably, we failed to beat at home.

8 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

You haven't actually commented on my post.

I pointed out their own fans don't agree with you, is that not enough :facepalm:

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I do t believe that LJ will have the pulling power to get us a striker of the required calibre, I've nothing against the guy but his appointment still seems like a horrific, bad dream.

We should have stuck with Pembs for the remainder of the season IF the likes of Warnock and Pearson weren't available, (Warnock clearly was).

You need bite and determination, not to mention fight and the contacts, experience that Warnock, Pearson etal would have brought in, instead we've got a successful property developer with little managerial experience, zero of it greatly impressive and none in the championship, yet a championship dogfight which I fully expect him to get us relegate us.

An awful appointment at this period of time.

In agreement with all this. 

Still cant believe he's our manager. I asked a question after Rotherham sacked their manager a few weeks ago: "if LJ had still been at Barnsley do you think Rotherham would have approached him?  If not, why not?"

I think we all know the answer to that.  Why we saw fit to appoint him has me completely baffled.  Even if he does keep us up; what signs are there from his previous jobs that he'll have us changed into a force for good next season?  His appointment did and still does smack of compete incompetence.

He had his little "bounce" of results when he first came in, now the real work starts.  I'm not confident he has what it takes.

2 minutes ago, Twizzle said:

I find it incredible that so many just waiting for us to fail......pathetic :facepalm:

Don't think anybody wants us to fail.  People are quite rightly concerned about the appointment of a manager with no championship experience and with little other managerial pedigree or success suddenly being seen as the future of Bristol City.

No other championship club in our position after SC was sacked would have gone for LJ; he wouldn't have even been on anyone's radar.  Yet we saw him as ideal.  Baffling.

1 minute ago, Twizzle said:

I find it incredible that so many just waiting for us to fail......pathetic :facepalm:

Some people are determined their prophecies will be proved right. Keeping an open mind doesn't require this to happen, but some posters are too stubborn and seem to possess some kind of complex.

You would think years of watching City, and of our experience in this division, would make it plain that performances might not even tally up from one game to the next. Six games is **** all to assess someone's abilities, but @Thatch35 and selected others can't wait to jump on LJ's back.

For the record, I was against LJ's appointment. But keeping an open mind helps you to know what you're talking about and not be blinded by a need to be right.

1 minute ago, Thatch35 said:

No - because you didn't comment on ROD's amazing saves, and their terrible defending at set pieces. Simples.

What about Bialokowski's (sp?) amazing saves?

As an aside, do you even understand football? We score from a set piece and you can't wait to rule it out for poor defending? How do you think most goals in the world are scored?

Not really sure how anyone can blame LJ? I'm also a bit surprised at the over reaction on here, even by OTIB standards!! 

Warnock has not saved Rotherham yet. Likely to now granted, but then who thought we would get the results we have? Admittedly it will be too close too call now but I'm amazed so many are saying we should have got Warnock? Maybe at the end of the season we could say that but why now? After we beat Charlton, Ipswich & MK were people calling for that dinosaur then?? Perhaps the same people saying we should have got Warnock are the same people defending some of the abject displays by players not good enough for this level?

It's not over yet. We need to back LJ. Not his fault we are in this mess or had a shit squad I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Some people are determined their prophecies will be proved right. Keeping an open mind doesn't require this to happen, but some posters are too stubborn and seem to possess some kind of complex.

You would think years of watching City, and of our experience in this division, would make it plain that performances might not even tally up from one game to the next. Six games is **** all to assess someone's abilities, but @Thatch35 and selected others can't wait to jump on LJ's back.

For the record, I was against LJ's appointment. But keeping an open mind helps you to know what you're talking about and not be blinded by a need to be right.

What about Bialokowski's (sp?) amazing saves?

As an aside, do you even understand football? We score from a set piece and you can't wait to rule it out for poor defending? How do you think most goals in the world are scored?

Not really a case of wanting to jump on LJ's back. It's just that by most accounts we were poor last night. Against a poor team. Which really doesn't bode well and plunges us much, much closer to a relegation scrap that, frankly, I don't fancy our chances of winning.

1 minute ago, Thatch35 said:

I'm not jumping on his back - LJ has not got the experience never mind chucking him into a relegation battle. The board are more to blame which goes back to last summer.

Without the poor defending we wouldn't on won. This means on the day our play wasn't good enough to score from open play...:) yeah I understand football. Its more enjoyable to rip a team apart than depend on mistakes to win a game. :chant6ez:

We've played 6, won 3, lost 3 since he arrived. 9 points from 6 games. Not terrible not great. You are undeniably negative regardless.

Are we not counting goals from set pieces now then, since it's more exciting to score from open play? Hey let's try and play it around from a corner rather than whip it in the box, who cares if we get relegated? At least it'll be entertaining... :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

We've played 6, won 3, lost 3 since he arrived. 9 points from 6 games. Not terrible not great. You are undeniably negative regardless.

Are we not counting goals from set pieces now then, since it's more exciting to score from open play? Hey let's try and play it around from a corner rather than whip it in the box, who cares if we get relegated? At least it'll be entertaining... :facepalm:

If we continue that we will stay up without doubt.

It is clear that the anti LJ camp have been itching for an occasion such as last night.

Bang! And off they go. Now let's see how far they get before a false start has been declared.

Only on OTIB

Ffs get behind the boys.yes the last 2 results have dragged us right back into the mire.but it's never easy supporting this club apart from last season.it's disappointing going from 8points clear of the bottom 3,to 2 in the space of a week.were not doomed yet it's one of 4clubs as Bolton n Charlton are doomed.and I fancy our chances.so support the boys instead of slating.dust ourselves off and go again at the cottage.coyr.

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

In our predicament, it would be wrong to be anything other than short-sighted

Yeah writing off a manager after six games suddenly becomes entirely logical. Just because we're running out of time doesn't suddenly make us world beaters.

Better or worse??

Here is how the bottom six could have looked if SC was still here, using the teams form in his last 10 games (less than a point a game)

1. Fulham - 37
  2. MK - 36
  3. Rotherham - 35
  4. City - 30
  5. Charlton - 29
  6. Bolton - 26

The 10 games since SC left, here are the points collected:

• City -16
  • MK - 13
  • Rotherham - 11
  • Fulham - 10
  • Bolton - 9
  • Charlton - 9

Some of you are pining after Warnock, well when SC was sacked Rotherham were 3 points ahead of us, now we are two ahead of them. And which strikers, that are apparently so easy to find why haven't we, have they signed? Er, none.

Well-known, in whatever realm, that a team takes on the character of its manager. Warnock or Lee?

I know which I'd prefer in a gloves-off relegation battle. 

We are where we are though. At least the outcome will likely put to bed the pro/anti Warnock debate. Always been in the pro-Warnock camp but nothing will make me happier than to be proven wrong and that Lee turns out an inspired choice.

Meanwhile this *******ing striker that we've been trying to get since last April. Any news? 

Really looking forward to the trip to London. Is going to be really interesting to see how Lee gets the team to out score Fulham in the goal fest. 

Three of our next four games are against teams either level with or below us, and two are at home. Realistically, we could end up with 6 points minimum. You can bet your life Thatch35, Andy082005 et all will go strangely quiet if we do.

Unless, of course, beating teams around you doesn't count, as it's being used as a stick to beat LJ with from the usual suspects.

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

In agreement with all this. 

Still cant believe he's our manager. I asked a question after Rotherham sacked their manager a few weeks ago: "if LJ had still been at Barnsley do you think Rotherham would have approached him?  If not, why not?"

I think we all know the answer to that.  Why we saw fit to appoint him has me completely baffled.  Even if he does keep us up; what signs are there from his previous jobs that he'll have us changed into a force for good next season?  His appointment did and still does smack of compete incompetence.

He had his little "bounce" of results when he first came in, now the real work starts.  I'm not confident he has what it takes.

Let me quote my own post.  If Rotherham had gone for LJ, do you know what?  We'd be celebrating and saying that they'd be nailed on to go down.  Yet, somehow, he's the man to keep us up.

4 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Three of our next four games are against teams either level with or below us, and two are at home. Realistically, we could end up with 6 points minimum. You can bet your life Thatch35, Andy082005 et all will go strangely quiet if we do.

Unless, of course, beating teams around you doesn't count, as it's being used as a stick to beat LJ with from the usual suspects.

'Could end up with'...is the key phrase there

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Well-known, in whatever realm, that a team takes on the character of its manager. Warnock or Lee?

I know which I'd prefer in a gloves-off relegation battle. 

We are where we are though. At least the outcome will likely put to bed the pro/anti Warnock debate. Always been in the pro-Warnock camp but nothing will make me happier than to be proven wrong and that Lee turns out an inspired choice.

Meanwhile this *******ing striker that we've been trying to get since last April. Any news? 

Really looking forward to the trip to London. Is going to be really interesting to see how Lee gets the team to out score Fulham in the goal fest. 

Rotherham have had a little surge of three wins, can they keep that up? We will see. But personally I don't really worry about Rotherham. I think we should watch Fulham and MK Dons.

Don't forget we're level with a struggling Fulham side (who we could plunge right into the s**t on Saturday with a win, great incentive) and still ahead of MK Dons who are showing little signs of a recovery of form.

I don't know in what world people are living in that LJ could turn the struggling mess we were under SC to a promotion form team in less than 10 games? We've seen a huge improvement in results under Pembo and LJ, of course there will be a few defeats along the way. You can't expect miracles. But we're moving in the right direction.

8 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Yes, it is. The thing about keeping an open mind is you don't write off things before they happen. Equally, we could end up with 0.

But if we all kept an open mind, there would be no scope for debate. I don't think anyone's launching a personal attack on LJ, but his lack of Championship experience IS a concern with ten games to go.

28 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Better or worse??

Here is how the bottom six could have looked if SC was still here, using the teams form in his last 10 games (less than a point a game)

1. Fulham - 37
  2. MK - 36
  3. Rotherham - 35
  4. City - 30
  5. Charlton - 29
  6. Bolton - 26

• City -16
  • MK - 13
  • Rotherham - 11
  • Fulham - 10
  • Bolton - 9
  • Charlton - 9

Some of you are pining after Warnock, well when SC was sacked Rotherham were 3 points ahead of us, now we are two ahead of them. And which strikers, that are apparently so easy to find why haven't we, have they signed? Er, none.

Ah but you're including Pemberton's reign too. In actual fact, since Rotherham appointed Warnock they've accrued more points than we have. And their three straight wins compared to our two straight defeats suggests that the deficit could well increase

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

But if we all kept an open mind, there would be no scope for debate. I don't think anyone's launching a personal attack on LJ, but his lack of Championship experience IS a concern with ten games to go.

What experience does Warnock have with Championship relegation battles?

Johnson is used to this part of the table, albeit in league one. Warnock was sacked from Palace from being in bottom 3, sacked from Leeds for getting near the bottom 3, sacked from QPR for falling down into a relegation battle. Has he ever successfully kept a lower team up? The answer is no.

40 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Better or worse??

1. Fulham - 37
  2. MK - 36
  3. Rotherham - 35
  4. City - 30
  5. Charlton - 29
  6. Bolton - 26

• City -16
  • MK - 13
  • Rotherham - 11
  • Fulham - 10
  • Bolton - 9
  • Charlton - 9

This tells me that we should've binned of SC earlier. After the Derby game given that we had some winnable games.... QPR, Charlton and Reading which we mustered only 2 points.

Archived