IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

I cannot wait until Wales go out. Praying that Belgium beat them in the next round but after their results against them I wouldn't rule it out at all. 

Theyre an unbearable bunch as it is, if they got to the semis I couldn't deal with it!

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Disagree but it's all about opinions. Probably doesn't help that I really can't stand the taffs. 

What I got from that game is that Joe Bryan is world class!! Apparenttly only Gareth Bale was capable of making what looked like a pretty routine cross to me, Joe bangs em in like that regularly. :)

God this is poor, and these are maybe the best teams left in this half of the draw. Might just be they are cancelling each other out, but not the game I was hoping for. Apparently the first tournament game not to have a shot on target in normal time since 1980.

It seems like everyone has gone into "sensible tournament football" mode (boring & too scared to concede) & what worries me is that we'll (England) carry on with our normal style of trying to win the game in 90mins & get caught by a sucker punch again as we'll be classed as not being "tournament savvy"!

But I've got to be honest, these 3 games of "knockout football" have been very poor.

Why not just have the refs ask each team at the start "Do you want to go straight to penalties"?

And if both teams say "yes", then save boring everyone & just go straight to the penalty shootout because this isn't doing the world of football any good at all.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 21:06, 22A said:

Being cynical; is it because France must not lose the opening game?

Still being cynical. The Portuguese in their last two games and Italy versus Ireland were allowed to getaway with many fouls, even wrapping an arm around opponent's necks. Are the "big boys" being allowed lenience specifically because they're "big boys" whilst the likes of Albania would never get away with it?

Archived