IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

20 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

You mean Albania surely? 

No, Albania are now eliminated. Slovokia, Portugal, and N Ireland have qualified. Either Turkey or the third place in the last group will qualify.

To repeat

Sweden and/ or RoI win - Wales will play N Ireland (unless Sweden beat Belgium by four, then see below). France will play whoever finishes third in Italy's group.

Sweden and RoI both fail to win, Wales play Turkey and NI play France.

Two confirmed fixtures are Germany play Slovakia and Croatia play Portugal.

After that last minute goal, Portugal have probably done themselves a favour. Although they'll come up against a good Croatian side, they've got themselves into the favourable side of the draw. If that win that they could quite easily make it to the final. 

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

How is it fair that the Albanian players, staff and fans have to stay in France on the off chance they go through! 

The more I think of it, the more it is clear that whoever organised this layout is a ****.

I agree entirely. Hang round for 3 days, kind of train, and now catch a plane home!

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Imagine losing to Iceland. In population terms it's like playing Swindon for a place in the quarter finals. Not hard to imagine what their tactics will be.

We need to work on shooting accuracy, the Icelandic keeper is really bad (not that they have a large pool to choose from) pepper him with shots, even if they're from range, and we should do fine.

if Roy realises this then it's the ideal game for Harry 'shoot whenever I can see a goal' Kane, regardless of his form.

3 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

How was that not a penalty?

The saying goes Italy are the masters of the dark arts, I'd call it cheating. 

Poor decisions from the referee. 

An Ireland playing pretty much as well as they can, against an Italy at the moment treating it as a training match. Which about balances out. Would be feeling very hard done by mind on that penalty shout. Basically, it is.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If you were being kind you'd describe the Italian defending as "cynical".

Ireland definitely not getting the rub of the green so far. 

Non stop fouling from every set piece still have no idea what the official behind the goal actually looks for!

Fear for them the longer it goes like this, as they will have to throw more forward, and run the increasing risk of getting caught out. Certainly only one team going for it a the moment, and would love to see the Italiens get blown up once or twice for some of their black arts.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Non stop fouling from every set piece still have no idea what the official behind the goal actually looks for!

In thie short history of the extra officials, has there been a single occasion where they have had a decisive impact on a referee's decision? I can't recall one!

Archived