IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

In thie short history of the extra officials, has there been a single occasion where they have had a decisive impact on a referee's decision? I can't recall one!

Vardys goal against Wales? No way the Lino would have had a clear view on Williams making the header, nor the ref

6 minutes ago, City169 said:

Vardys goal against Wales? No way the Lino would have had a clear view on Williams making the header, nor the ref

Fair enough, you may well be right. But surely the linesman would have raised his flag and then lowered it again. I'm not aware of that happening?

Anyway how do we know when the extra official is involved in a decision? He doesn't wave a flag or anything does he? Is it just subtle radio chat?

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fair enough, you may well be right. But surely the linesman would have raised his flag and then lowered it again. I'm not aware of that happening?

Anyway how do we know when the extra official is involved in a decision? He doesn't wave a flag or anything does he? Is it just subtle radio chat?

Well they've certainly done nothing in this game. The Italian wrestling has been disgraceful!

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It'd be through the mics.

ultimately we won't know whether they had anything to do with it or not, but the extra official is the only one who would have had a clear view, only takes a second for them to say "not offside, Welsh final touch" or words to that effect, and the flag wouldn't go up until Vardys touch anyway.

only a guess, but that's the most recent, and easiest scenario I can think of

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

It'd be through the mics.

ultimately we won't know whether they had anything to do with it or not, but the extra official is the only one who would have had a clear view, only takes a second for them to say "not offside, Welsh final touch" or words to that effect, and the flag wouldn't go up until Vardys touch anyway.

only a guess, but that's the most recent, and easiest scenario I can think of

It all happened so quickly I'd be surprised if the extra official would have had chance to say anything before the linesman instinctively raised his flag, but you might be right. Interesting one.

3 hours ago, deadredfred said:

Im not worried about Portgual. They've been dire until today, and they're only pushing now because they have to. Leaving plenty of gaps at the back still. 

Whoever we play it'll be tougher. But as long as Roy doesn't play his reserves again, I'd hope we could give most teams a game 

Indeed, if we have actually learned what the target looks like in our week off then they are there for the taking. 

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

After that last minute goal, Portugal have probably done themselves a favour. Although they'll come up against a good Croatian side, they've got themselves into the favourable side of the draw. If that win that they could quite easily make it to the final. 

Playing Croatia doesn't seem so favourable to me. 

Archived