IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hope we play Iceland 

In termsof missing Portugal, think the only way that becomes a possibility really is if Iceland and Portugal have thesame result. Iceland currently have scored ine goal more. 

Just for a laugh, as I read it, if Portugal win 2-1 and Iceland 1-0, who we play next will be decided by....fair play. Same if Portual draw 2-2 and Iceland 1-1.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

In termsof missing Portugal, think the only way that becomes a possibility really is if Iceland and Portugal have thesame result. Iceland currently have scored ine goal more. 

Just for a laugh, as I read it, if Portugal win 2-1 and Iceland 1-0, who we play next will be decided by....fair play. Same if Portual draw 2-2 and Iceland 1-1.

Portugal have a much better fair play record than Iceland.  Portugal on 2 yellows, Iceland on 6 as it stands.

24 minutes ago, Coppello said:

My concern about playing Iceland is that they would probably set up exactly the same way as all of the other teams we've faced. Obviously they have to win but will probably just going in with the mindset that they will try and sneak a 1-0. 

At least we'd have another 30 minutes to find a way through!

5 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'm not worried about Portugal. Probably fancy us more against them than a team that sticks 11 behind the ball 

You can't really do that in knockout rounds though, not as much. Unless you're holding out for pens which is a risky game.  

"The way they celebrated at the end was unbelievable. Iceland don’t try to play, they just defend, defend and defend.

Then they celebrate like they have won the Euros.

This in my opinion shows a small mentality. They are not going to do anything in this competition."

Oh Cristiano this is so going to be on your tombstone if things stay like they are!

Ah bollox :)

England are living in a dream world.

Manager has made the same mistakes as previous managers by choosing his favourites and sticking a couple of in form players  around them.

6 changes to a team in competition shows how unprepared we are. He calls it a deep squad of players...... I call it a lack of planning and fear to drop players he thinks we expect to see.

Get rid...... Regardless of how well we do or don't.....

Hodgson.......your time is limited..... But that's what you want eh????

Archived