IGNORED

Joel Ekstrand : NOW SIGNED

GrahamC

28 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

As discussed players fail medical school at some clubs and then not at others.

All I'm saying is, given his pedigree and that he is a free agent, I'm suspicious about the fact that A) No one else has signed him up yet and B) It's taken us this long to offer him a trial.

But I'd be very happy for him to prove his fitness here.

Leeds wanted him, but the contract offer was derisory. They used his knee op as a big negative in negotiations, and tried to get him on the cheap.

Joel feels his knee is good and can offer 'The Right Club' something.

It's just as much about him finding the right club, as it is in him being 'snapped up'....it's got to suit both parties.

As a free agent, it's a lot easier for him to be deciding in where his future lays.

Plus his contract only finished in June. He's had interest from here and abroad, so has options.

It's not a case, of he's been injured so therefore will take any old contract.

He feels good and wants to play regular football.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Leeds wanted him, but the contract offer was derisory. They used his knee op as a big negative in negotiations, and tried to get him on the cheap.

It's just as much about him finding the right club, as it is in him being 'snapped up'....it's got to suit both parties.

As a free agent, it's a lot easier for him to be deciding in where his future lays.

Plus his contract only finished in June. He's had interest from here and abroad, so has options.

Great info thanks @spudski - you seem to have the inside track on this one, thanks for sharing. 

I was merely speculating, putting two and two together as to why he had yet to receive a suitable offer, injury worries as proved by your info about Leeds, I wasn't far wrong.

Perhaps he has been just biding his time for the right offer, but no doubt he has to prove himself to City and visa versa if his knee is as strong as the player himself says.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

What's the link? You know him do you?

In addition to Spudski's comments Ekstrand does appear to have been extremely popular with Watford supporters and seen as a valued team mate by their players.

Clearly a gamble but if the medical team sign it off one that is worth taking.

Is anyone that surprised to read what he said about Leeds' offer to him, either? They are a circus at present.

• Admin
25 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

As I understand Ekstrand failed his initial medical. This maybe a reason as to the late signing of him. Not sure how medicals work, but, could it be he has been given more time and another opportunity to pass?

Not true - he was never going to sign during the transfer window

22 minutes ago, cynic said:

It won't be long term given the question mark over his recent injury, I'd guess a season long contract with options.

sounds reasonable. I would love to see a contract with all the special clauses and options. it would be fascinating.

Can't see it being pay as you play fella...can see it being a one or two year deal....or as AW says.

He's been offered contracts at other clubs, but they were derisory.

He turned them down.

He knows he's fit...hence holding out for a deal.

With such a past injury, Clubs are rightly cautious.

If we've done our job and JE is confident in his own body and fitness, then this could be another excellent signing.

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

Can't see it being pay as you play fella...can see it being a one or two year deal....or as AW says.

He's been offered contracts at other clubs, but they were derisory.

He turned them down.

He knows he's fit...hence holding out for a deal.

With such a past injury, Clubs are rightly cautious.

If we've done our job and JE is confident in his own body and fitness, then this could be another excellent signing.

Spud , I like you , so I'm not going to ' whoosh ' you .

1 hour ago, ColeCiderRed said:

As I understand Ekstrand failed his initial medical. This maybe a reason as to the late signing of him. Not sure how medicals work, but, could it be he has been given more time and another opportunity to pass?

And I thought the bullshit was going to stop as soon as the transfer window shut......

I guess you know a players uncle as well.....

18 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

And I thought the bullshit was going to stop as soon as the transfer window shut......

I guess you know a players uncle as well.....

Apologies if you think it's BS. Thought this was a forum for debate and in some cases speculation. I don't claim to be ITK and I'm not Kachina. I do know someone on the medical staff at the rugby however who also works with City. It's posts like yours which make newbies such as I and others yet to post refrain from doing so. As if those with more posts have a divine right to shoot people down.

41 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Apologies if you think it's BS. Thought this was a forum for debate and in some cases speculation. I don't claim to be ITK and I'm not Kachina. I do know someone on the medical staff at the rugby however who also works with City. It's posts like yours which make newbies such as I and others yet to post refrain from doing so. As if those with more posts have a divine right to shoot people down.

There is definitely a "cool kids club" and numerous sycophants eagerly waiting to bully outsiders. 

2 hours ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Tbf I remember Nixon saying we would sign him but after the window and that it was a weird one. I can see this being partly true. Like he didn't have a great medical but train with us for a month, stay fit during that and we will talk again soon. 

Archived