IGNORED

Joel Ekstrand : NOW SIGNED

GrahamC

1 minute ago, robinreliant said:

I know the injury he had was bad but I'm over the moon with this signing. Just shows how far we have come since promotion from league 1.

I was concerned that all the hard work we had put in to get him here would be over shadowed by another club saying we can offer you X number of pounds per week

now you have proved you are fit enough to play Championship football so well done MA and LJ. If he is fit and ready to go I hope we can extend that 1 year deal. 

I am pleased but I expect they don't want to give him too long in case his knee flares up again and if he has a good year I would not be surprised if he gets a longer deal

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

With Moore as well I'm seeing 3-5-1-1 :yawn:!?!

Or 5-2-3 or 3-3-3-1 !!!

For odd games here and there, or parts of games where it's needed...why not?

The signings of Moore and Ekstrand, suddenly mean we have not just cover for Flint and Magnússon, but competition.  

Again, proof of building a squad of first team players, not 13-14 plus back-ups.

We will get through injuries, suspensions, loss of form, etc, without necessarily fielding a weakened team.  It means we can cope with Sat-Tues-Sat-Tues runs of fixtures much better than last season.  It means we can field a strong team v Fulham and give ourselves a chance to progress (think Paterson is cup-tied though).

1 minute ago, kevthered said:

I am pleased but I expect they don't want to give him too long in case his knee flares up again and if he has a good year I would not be surprised if he gets a longer deal

That's correct of course. But he has been training with us since 15th August so I'm sure he was keen to resurrect his career. If that was with us or someone else I'm sure eventually he would have found a relatively big club if not with us. So I think we did well in getting him in and  would like to think a longer deal would be good for him and us. LJ is pleased I'm sure to have him on board.

I'm beginning to get a headache trying to decide what our best starting 11 is now. We have so many options. I have never known us to have a squad like this before. There is genuine quality competition for every position.

Our squad now reminds me of baking a cake. Separately the ingredients don't offer a lot, but put them all together by a master chef (LJ) and they make the most fantastic cake ever made.

He's been on trial for long enough, you can only assume that his injury nightmare has been fully tested and (for now at least) is behind him. 

Great signing if he's able to get fully fit again. 

If this works out well, then we've just bagged ourselves a top player at this level. 

33 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

I'm just gonna put this right here...

I'm sure the media team enjoy winding up Stockhausen and just have a laugh at his expense!

In other news I'm pleased with the Ekstrand signing, we're getting some great strength in depth in the squad now. 

29 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He's been on trial for long enough, you can only assume that his injury nightmare has been fully tested and (for now at least) is behind him. 

Great signing if he's able to get fully fit again. 

If this works out well, then we've just bagged ourselves a top player at this level. 

Absolutely. Not only that, with his experience then he will teach our young players a lot. Do you see where I'm going with this. ( with the likes of GO ? )

Archived