IGNORED

Joel Ekstrand : NOW SIGNED

GrahamC

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

you can look at individual performances though, not team performances.

Even in the 5 games this year, Magnusson has looked the better of the 2

Has he though? If it wasn't for Flint it would of been 2-0 to Aston Villa and quite possibly game over, an attack which occurred when Magnusson recklessly mistimed a tackle.

Magnusson might be easier on the eye to watch but Flint is our best all round defender at the club, hence why premier league clubs were rumoured to be in for him and why a lot of fans were more concerned about keeping Flint than our top goal scorer Kodja.

I mean lets it face it we're very lucky to have two very good defenders on our team who compliment each other very well, but Flint for me is still the number one man.

1 minute ago, Iron Man said:

Has he though? If it wasn't for Flint it would of been 2-0 to Aston Villa and quite possibly game over, an attack which occurred when Magnusson recklessly mistimed a tackle.

Magnusson might be easier on the eye to watch but Flint is our best all round defender at the club, hence why premier league clubs were rumoured to be in for him and why a lot of fans were more concerned about keeping Flint than our top goal scorer Kodja.

I mean lets it face it we're very lucky to have two very good defenders on our team who compliment each other very well, but Flint for me is still the number one man.

That's one moment in one game.

There's been a few times already where Magnusson has done perfectly timed sliding tackles to stop the counter, or win the ball in the box as a winger cuts inside.

IMO Magnusson is at the same level as Flint, if not slightly ahead, and has far more scope to improve.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

That's one moment in one game.

There's been a few times already where Magnusson has done perfectly timed sliding tackles to stop the counter, or win the ball in the box as a winger cuts inside.

IMO Magnusson is at the same level as Flint, if not slightly ahead, and has far more scope to improve.

One moment in the game that was crucial, one moment that stops a team from having 0 points or 3. Like I said, when Magnusson has a 20-30 game consistent run like Flint has in the championship then they can be compared.

1 hour ago, ColeCiderRed said:

No need to apologise and perceived bulls-hit is subjective and your response was your opinion.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others...

Hope you're day got better and you have made it to the pub.

Of course, but jumping down someone's throat isn't really style! Not without some terrible humour thrown in as well! 

Never made it to the pub, doing 3 people's work meant I never had time, though I'm sure the two who phoned in sick this morning had a good one last night, they're Facebook clearly showed them as doing so... (who'd have thought having a teenage girl working for you would be so much hard work!!) 

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

you can look at individual performances though, not team performances.

Even in the 5 games this year, Magnusson has looked the better of the 2

For some reason Magnusson looks very shaky the first half hour-all over the place-then seems to settle to the task....seems to need to play into each game.

45 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Surely Magnussen should be Skyr cheese ( although...... “Never at the end of the week, sir. Always get it fresh first thing on Monday." )

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

I think they compliment each other very well. I see Magnusson as a mild easy eating Gouda cheese and Flint as a spicy full bodied Shiraz.

Nah! What we need is the nastiest, smelliest Roquefort known to man, oozing down Flint's leg, while he's spitting garlic cloves in the strikers eyes. Then they'd keep the **** away from our Goal.

Gercha my babbies!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Magnusson was told by O'Neil to not go to ground after Ayew fainted to shoot and it was Flint who came across to block the shot a few yards out so good to see GO give some advice but we could have been 2 down. Magnusson brings an element of quality when playing out from the back but is still learning the ropes in this league but will get better

11 hours ago, Londoner said:

To quote the journalist Ron Walker he is signing Monday....when questioned he said Elkstrand is a "thoroughly nice bloke"....clearly a good egg then who can inhance us.

The Ron Walker who was previously young 'Ron' on this forum?

17 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Let`s just accept we have two very good CBs who complement each other as, at the moment, first choice and if we sign Ekstrand two more very good ones as cover.

Aden & Hordur are very different players and it`s unfair to compare them IMO.

And that is why they make a great partnership.

Archived