IGNORED

Lee Johnson Sack Watch (Merged, again and again)

And Its Smith

23 minutes ago, daored said:

I totally agree this is his squad. The excuse will be he needed three windows and has only had two. 

Not sure we can afford to wait for the third window unless SL wants to be back in L1 having spunked another 10 mil on transfers.

I can't believe our form since Bonfire Night would be tolerated by any other club owner, no matter how desperate he may be to not keep changing managers.

18 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I said a couple of months ago that Lansdown won't sack him until we are back at the bottom of League One.

Things have deteriorated so much since then that I have allowed myself to believe that the trigger might be pulled. However, if he doesn't go today then it looks like my previous instinct was correct.

And that will be nothing short of disgusting from the board of this football club.

I said a similiar thing  to my lad 3 weeks ago that he wouldn't be sacked unless we were bottom 3 with 6 games to go, then the panic button will be struck. I got a feeling pressure may build on SL before that now !!!!

I've said it a few times To a few mates - i genuinely, genuinely, don't know what more needs to happen for him to be sacked.

Burnley is a free pass for him if he's still here. 

I'm so so shocked he's still here. If this was SC/SOD/any other manager he'd have gone after wolves. 

Because we're not actually in the relegation zone, the club think we'll still be fine. They've lost the plot. We are the only club not picking up any points. And anyone who thinks Rotherham at home is a guaranteed 3 pointer, think again. We are playing a very very risky strategy by sticking by him. 

I get the impression that if he isn't gone by close of play today, then he's here for the foreseeable.

As don't imagine anyone involved in the club sees us getting anything from Burnley away, and the next league game is on the very last day of the transfer window, moving him on after that (and with no loan window to work with) would limit any new bloke to working with what we have.

So, if by the time Sound of the City comes on air tonight LJ is still here, batten down the hatches, because it'll be a bumpy rest of the season...

54 minutes ago, daored said:

Think the 'sack watch' has got a few more episodes to run.

I personally don't believe LJ will be sacked by the club. The reason I say this is for two reasons; firstly all we've heard from the club is LJ is one of the most promising young managers in the country. As LJ will be telling the board we're only being beaten by one goal. He also has one extra window because at the minute this isn't his squad.

Secondly, the club gave him a new contract just helped Christmas. For Ashton in particular to then sack a manager some six weeks later will raise the prospect of him being questioned by the board. The way Johnson and Ashton blow smoke up each others ass has at times been cringe worthy.

Johnson will still be our manager next season, unfortunately in league 1. We will be told it's all part of the master plan for Europa football in four years. 

For me Forrest was an embarrassment, playing a team with no manager, upheaval at the club, and sold their best player. We just didn't do anything to win that game. But I see no change going forward 

You can't honestly believe that, after signing in the region of 17 players ?!?!

4 minutes ago, samo II said:

I get the impression that if he isn't gone by close of play today, then he's here for the foreseeable.

As don't imagine anyone involved in the club sees us getting anything from Burnley away, and the next league game is on the very last day of the transfer window, moving him on after that (and with no loan window to work with) would limit any new bloke to working with what we have.

So, if by the time Sound of the City comes on air tonight LJ is still here, batten down the hatches, because it'll be a bumpy rest of the season...

Just popped into OTIB hoping to hear he had been relieved of his duties, but I see not. Fear you are right if no announcement by 5pm today, then there is not going to be and we might as well all accept that next season we will be back in league 1, and Bristol will forever be a footballing backwater despite all SLs investment. Still getting a potd ticket wit a good view next year will be really easy and the parking will be not so much of an issue either!

10 minutes ago, samo II said:

Alternatively, the club are busy behind the scenes securing the services of LJ's successor. In which case they could hold off firing LJ until they have assurances from the man they want to replace him with.

Similar happened with McInnes/SOD for example.

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I've said it a few times To a few mates - i genuinely, genuinely, don't know what more needs to happen for him to be sacked.

Burnley is a free pass for him if he's still here. 

I'm so so shocked he's still here. If this was SC/SOD/any other manager he'd have gone after wolves. 

Well not a club record run of defeats it seems!

I get the feeling the board will wait and see what happens in the next 2 league games. It appears they want to give him every chance to turn this around and will hope we can pick up a couple of positive results.

By that time of course the transfer window will be closed so they won't have to give a new manager money to spend, which they may be loathe to do if it looks like we're going down.

17 minutes ago, Linkedarm wall said:

I said a similiar thing  to my lad 3 weeks ago that he wouldn't be sacked unless we were bottom 3 with 6 games to go, then the panic button will be struck. I got a feeling pressure may build on SL before that now !!!!

Well I hope that your feeling is right, but it shouldn't have to take pressure on Lansdown. If he can't see what's right in front of his nose because of his rose-tinted Johnson specs then we are in an unprecedented pile of sh1t.

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

genuinely, genuinely, don't know what more needs to happen for him to be sacked 

I tend to agree - obviously stability and loyalty is commendable but I just don't understand what the club think will change over a longer term, as if something else in the recent short term is to blame. @ChippenhamRed recently posted a very clear list of ways in which there are no mitigating circumstances for this run that could excuse it away. He's right - the conditions are there for a manager to succeed, and we have one who is doing the total and utter opposite.

I would go a step further - it's never actually been about the results for me, of course they make the problem ten times worse, but what has alarmed me is the poor quality of the football all season, the lack of attacking strategy, the fallibility of any instructions our players are given, and the almost universal regression and deterioration of all of squad as individuals - at the hands of someone who was appointed as "player improvement" Head Coach, not manager.

It's not as though this is the work of a win-some, lose-some manager that divides opinion. This is an abysmally bad return on any measure of what someone with his claimed credentials should be affecting - it's not often you could say there are ZERO green shoots, but there really are zero. And now it has culminated in losing all these games, to teams who by and large were all bottom half of the form table (or league, or both) themselves. Dross beating dross.

It's ridiculous to believe persisting with this coach would deliver anything other than further advantage to all those teams around us in the division, for each week we continue to be setup and lead in such an amateurish, confusing manner. So yes, I also don't know what more needs to happen for him to be sacked or resign - I understand the thought process in persisting but I have no idea what SL or MA think is going to change with LJ's approach/return.

Finally, for a bit of levity, I posted a Championship table yesterday by spend (City 7th), and on Twitter it has been seized upon by 100's of Sheffield Wednesday fans to retweet and criticise their manager for the return given what they've spent. They've spent £1.5m less than us and are in sixth! I hope that puts things in perspective for those on here who say City fans are impatient or unsupportive of their managers - I think we're surprisingly docile to be honest.

12 minutes ago, glynriley said:

You can't honestly believe that, after signing in the region of 17 players ?!?!

I'm saying its my view. I expect it will be a comment from the club. That squad is massively different from what he inherited from SC and in my opinion much stronger in depth and quality 

38 minutes ago, daored said:

I totally agree this is his squad. The excuse will be he needed three windows and has only had two. 

This argument would be invalidated if we get relegated in the summer as we would most likely lose a number of the signings made in his first two windows.

9 minutes ago, redapple said:

The whole Lansdown clan have been holidaying in Thailand for the past 2 months I've been informed by an employee. I wonder if their even aware that we've list every game since they've been there ! 

Discussing successful strategies for football clubs with the King Power mob that own Leicester???

Probably not. And Leicester are another team whose League form has fallen off a cliff, confused tactics and lacking in confidence, despite winning the Premier League last season. Dilly ding, dilly dong!

13 minutes ago, Olé said:

I tend to agree - obviously stability and loyalty is commendable but I just don't understand what the club think will change over a longer term, as if something else in the recent short term is to blame. @ChippenhamRed recently posted a very clear list of ways in which there are no mitigating circumstances for this run that could excuse it away. He's right - the conditions are there for a manager to succeed, and we have one who is doing the total and utter opposite.

I would go a step further - it's never actually been about the results for me, of course they make the problem ten times worse, but what has alarmed me is the poor quality of the football all season, the lack of attacking strategy, the fallibility of any instructions our players are given, and the almost universal regression and deterioration of all of squad as individuals - at the hands of someone who was appointed as "player improvement" Head Coach, not manager.

It's not as though this is the work of a win-some, lose-some manager that divides opinion. This is an abysmally bad return on any measure of what someone with his claimed credentials should be affecting - it's not often you could say there are ZERO green shoots, but there really are zero. And now it has culminated in losing all these games, to teams who by and large were all bottom half of the form table (or league, or both) themselves. Dross beating dross.

It's ridiculous to believe persisting with this coach would deliver anything other than further advantage to all those teams around us in the division, for each week we continue to be setup and lead in such an amateurish, confusing manner. So yes, I also don't know what more needs to happen for him to be sacked or resign - I understand the thought process in persisting but I have no idea what SL or MA think is going to change with LJ's approach/return.

Finally, for a bit of levity, I posted a Championship table yesterday by spend (City 7th), and on Twitter it has been seized upon by 100's of Sheffield Wednesday fans to retweet and criticise their manager for the return given what they've spent. They've spent £1.5m less than us and are in sixth! I hope that puts things in perspective for those on here who say City fans are impatient or unsupportive of their managers - I think we're surprisingly docile to be honest.

Great post mate, bang on the mark. 

The one green shoot has been TAMMY, without his goals we'd be rock bottom for sure, however I should correct myself as this is only a green shoot if you are a Chelsea fan as he's not even our bloody player, you couldn't make it up really!

32 minutes ago, redapple said:

The whole Lansdown clan have been holidaying in Thailand for the past 2 months I've been informed by an employee. I wonder if their even aware that we've lost every game since they've been there ! 

Strange...must have been lookalikes of Steve and Jon I shared the lift with at Cardiff home then?

He has to, absolutely has to, be fired this week and I'd be extremely disappointed if he isn't gone today. There is no defence anymore.

For his own bloody sake it needs to happen. Bearing in mind the run we've been on it's actually surprising how little stick he's received at the games. This will no longer be the case I feel. There were a few, admittedly half hearted, chants of 'Johnson out' Saturday and of course the banners yesterday. If he walks out the tunnel against Sheffield Wednesday next week I fear for how bad the reception will be.

For his own sake just as much as ours sack him before the atmosphere really sours.

11.00am LJ still in charge...

Been hearing rumours all over fb and twitter that he's getting the can today at some point.

Obviously I doubt whether it's true and I have no sources but we shall see. Any announcement saying 'due to unforseen circumstances the shop and the coffee shop are closed today' and you know he's a goner.

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

11.00am LJ still in charge...

Been hearing rumours all over fb and twitter that he's getting the can today at some point.

Obviously I doubt whether it's true and I have no sources but we shall see. Any announcement saying 'due to unforseen circumstances the shop and the coffee shop are closed today' and you know he's a goner.

I've seen the same including from a mate who I know is friendly with some City staff. But you're probably right "We have run out of muffins" to be announced shortly.

13 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Strange...must have been lookalikes of Steve and Jon I shared the lift with at Cardiff home then?

Maybe the Doppelgangers explain the lack of response to our current predicament!

Now there is a conspiracy theory for you......

57 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Alternatively, the club are busy behind the scenes securing the services of LJ's successor. In which case they could hold off firing LJ until they have assurances from the man they want to replace him with.

Similar happened with McInnes/SOD for example.

And while I'm never happy when it involves someone losing their job, my hold out hope is that this is the case.

My only worry is that what is taking place is more along the lines of them discussing with LJ how to get out of it - unfortunately, I would be surprised if anyone inside the club will be as direct as @Oléhas above in pointing out that no matter hope much 'progress' is being made, we're going backward on the pitch, not just in results but performances.

Connected thought; someone challenged me over a very simple stat yesterday regards points gain, but got me thinking - we've been touted as creating a large number of chances, but had anyone broken that down across time? i.e. I wonder how 'creative' (judged via the metric of shots on and off target) we have been game-by-game over this run?  Purely for my own interest, but may do something on that when I get home, plus 'effectiveness', i.e. chances converted, to see how we've been doing across the season...

Archived