IGNORED

Engvall

GrahamC

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

:dunno:I've simply replied to the points you've made in B&W.

Anyway, clearly best if I leave it there.

Yes, with an assertion that it's inconceivable that a player could be brought to Ashton Gate that the manager didn't particularly want. 

I mean that would be a completely unheard of scenario, wouldn't it?

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Last season there was only ever one forward spot available. The form of Tammy saw to that.

It was inevitable that someone wasn't going to get a chance. Do you partner a youth (Tammy) with another youth or do you bow to experience and bring on the likes of Wilbs?

Only thing that surprised me was the signing of Taylor, it was that signing that made me wonder if Engvall was in the future plans of LJ.

Not taking anything away from Matty Taylor but frankly that was too good a deal to turn down on so many fronts .

59 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

McCoulsky is only several months younger yet everyone is super excited about him because he's scored goals in the 6th tier of english football. Engvall is second top scorer in sweden and an u21 international but everybody has already made up their minds.

I haven't.

Oh wait ... 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Isn't that what is supposed to happen to players you buy for development?  He may not have had much game time here, but you have to wonder whether his form since returning to Sweden is partly down to the fitness training and coaching he has received here. (That's going to make me popular) ;)

Or maybe Sweden is where 'ees heart is,where he really wants to be,so is pulling out all the stops..??

I'd love to stay at Djurgården.

The latest I have heard (LJ:s unilateral pact, my remark) is that I will go with Bristol City to Teneriffe. 

I can only have an impact by giving my opinion. They have signed a new forward and signed two new strikers last sseason (after I was signed my remark). My oportunities will be limited but of course I'm still a Bristol City player

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/engvall-jag-skulle-garna-vara-kvar-i-djurgarden/

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I'd love to stay at Djurgården.

The latest I have heard (LJ:s unilateral pact, my remark) is that I will go with Bristol City to Teneriffe. 

I can only have an impact by giving my opinion. They have signed a new forward and signed two new strikers last sseason (after I was signed my remark). My oportunities will be limited but of course I'm still a Bristol City player

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/engvall-jag-skulle-garna-vara-kvar-i-djurgarden/

If that is a translation I don't really get why you'd say that. You're 21 years old and moaning about who was bought instead of getting better and fighting for your spot. There is a player in there but if that's his mentality then he can go. If you're going to be put off by competetion then you're in the wrong game. Any move he makes outside the Swedish league he could end up a bit part player. Up to you not to be. 

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If that is a translation I don't really get why you'd say that. You're 21 years old and moaning about who was bought instead of getting better and fighting for your spot. There is a player in there but if that's his mentality then he can go. If you're going to be put off by competetion then you're in the wrong game. Any move he makes outside the Swedish league he could end up a bit part player. Up to you not to be. 

He has given up the idea of be given chance at Bristol City and rightly so. He is protecting his sallary and rightly so.

16 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Or how about this?

He simply feels that he hasn't been given any sort of chance, he can see an inferior player brought in who then gets far more opportunities than him in the January window; a club employee is massively indiscreet in saying that your team mates think that you are shit and at just 20 you miss your girlfriend and so wonder if moving to England on your own at such a young age was simply a mistake?

It seems common knowledge that LJ doesn't rate him at all (for those arguing otherwise, if he really does why would he have treated him like this?) so this charade about him being made to go to Tenerife proves what, exactly?

No fan can really have a clear view of his ability based on a few ten minute sub appearances per month over 4 months, so having paid a decent sum all we actually know is that he can score goals in the Swedish league..

I strongly doubt he will start the season in England myself.

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Or how about this?

He simply feels that he hasn't been given any sort of chance, he can see an inferior player brought in who then gets far more opportunities than him in the January window; a club employee is massively indiscreet in saying that your team mates think that you are shit and at just 20 you miss your girlfriend and so wonder if moving to England on your own at such a young age was simply a mistake?

It seems common knowledge that LJ doesn't rate him at all (for those arguing otherwise, if he really does why would he have treated him like this?) so this charade about him being made to go to Tenerife proves what, exactly?

No fan can really have a clear view of his ability based on a few ten minute sub appearances per month over 4 months, so having paid a decent sum all we actually know is that he can score goals in the Swedish league..

Not many are given chances. They are earned or given when opportunity arises. No opportunities arose because we played with 1 striker for large part of the season. Then it was felt we needed a bit more experience in the second half of the season with a struggling side. He was bought to develop not play 46 games. Taylor Moore found it hard to get game time too and he's of similar pedigree and fee. Why does he get the pass? He's also young and moved quite far from his family. Remember he grew up in France so while slightly different scenario it's not far off. I expect Taylor Moore to keep fighting for more game time as I would any other young player. Not moan about who was brought in. 

21 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

1891 B.C. Sweden is the only person capable of giving a fair oponion on Engvall, the club included, as he is the one single person watching him regullary

I think he should have stayed in Sweden from the beginning and grow a little more hair on his marble sack before heading out for the big cash. I can't see him play for City this season. Sure he has scored goals in Sweden but he needs to take another step to cope with the tougher football in England. The best solution I think (and I just don't say this as a Djurgarden supporter) would be to extend the loan until the end of the Swedish season and then hope to sell him to a middle team in Holland or something.  If he continues to score goals in Sweden several clubs certainly will be interested in him.

5 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

I think he should have stayed in Sweden from the beginning and grow a little more hair on his marble sack before heading out for the big cash. I can't see him play for City this season. Sure he has scored goals in Sweden but he needs to take another step to cope with the tougher football in England. The best solution I think (and I just don't say this as a Djurgarden supporter) would be to extend the loan until the end of the Swedish season and then hope to sell him to a middle team in Holland or something.  If he continues to score goals in Sweden several clubs certainly will be interested in him.

Ok, its a tricky one. Should wish that he could start in the leauge and show what he can. We have bought him not sheap, so let him play. Its tougher in England than in Sweden ofcause, but Engvall can be good. Time will tell. Coyr!!!

Taylor, Djuric, Diedhiou, Engvall; those are our four 'senior' strikers currently (at least those with more than just a token number of first team games under their belts).

Engvall is the 'junior' member of that group, and if he's not staying, either one of our other kids gets to step up, or we bring in someone else.

The selfish part of me says if Engvall is scoring goals and looking sharp, hook him back and give him a shot - if he ends up doing shit, or gets dropped; oh well - ship him out in January.  Might not be best for his career if it fails, but he's young and will get over it.

Personally I think he'll get sold or loaned back before we kick off, and someone else will come in, but I've got to say; believe he'll go on to do well elsewhere, so hope it works out.

6 hours ago, Shtanley said:

McCoulsky is only several months younger yet everyone is super excited about him because he's scored goals in the 6th tier of english football. Engvall is second top scorer in sweden and an u21 international but everybody has already made up their minds.

That's a good sub-context to my earlier post when I posted what other's view of him was from his playing time.  I've probably seen 90-odd minutes but certainly saw more ability than the alleged 'competition winner' that was banded about.  

Re falling out with LJ, it's pretty common for any player (except Winston Bogarde) to be cheesed off at not getting game time.  Credit to him if he did have a moan, it shows some spirit.  Caveat by what expectations did LJ set for him!

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Or how about this?

On the homesickness bit, he said he was fine to me, his family were coming over regularly...not sure about his girlfriend though.  But of course, he might have been putting on a brave face to a fan.  Very eloquent though.

Re Tenerife - a win / win for Johnson....if Engvall does well, impresses in any games, then it'll be a masterstroke - LJ "that bit of protection last season coupled with the loan back home was just what he needed".  If he does badly, it'll be "he's struggled to adapt and it's best he returns home, etc."

For Engvall, it'll all be down to his attitude (we are led to believe he doesn't want to stay here).  Imagine for a minute that it goes well, where else is he likely to get the spotlight for further national honours, and also a chance to prove that the faith he has in his own ability was right.

Of course, if he comes to Tenerife to go through the motions, then he might as well hand in a transfer request.  I don't see MA letting him go for peanuts though.

Finally, just to have a little bit of Devil's advocate with you Graham, I might not have been able to make my mind up on his ability from a 10 minute sub appearance, but the 70+ v Hull was helpful.  Having said that I made my mind up after 23 minutes of watching Tammy....it was that obvious that the gangly wide forward I'd seen in YouTube clips for Chelsea was not the same player I was watching v Wigan.  He did things that day in 23 minutes that assured me that he was special.  I came away from that game purring. :P

18 minutes ago, samo II said:

Taylor, Djuric, Diedhiou, Engvall; those are our four 'senior' strikers currently (at least those with more than just a token number of first team games under their belts).

Engvall is the 'junior' member of that group, and if he's not staying, either one of our other kids gets to step up, or we bring in someone else.

The selfish part of me says if Engvall is scoring goals and looking sharp, hook him back and give him a shot - if he ends up doing shit, or gets dropped; oh well - ship him out in January.  Might not be best for his career if it fails, but he's young and will get over it.

Personally I think he'll get sold or loaned back before we kick off, and someone else will come in, but I've got to say; believe he'll go on to do well elsewhere, so hope it works out.

Pretty much my view too. I think he`ll end up back in Sweden. If he does though, would one more incoming be enough? I`d rather two TBH.

Engval has to show up as do many on a list earlier on this thread. 

If has ability it's   Up to him to show it.  I'm not LJs biggest fan, but I do have faith that the bloke knows if a player is any good or a contest winner. 

There will be others looking for starts up front next season that are on the books McCoulsky and DiGeralamo will be eying up a spot. 

Just now, RockleazeRed said:

Devil's advocate, if hypothetically the Gas said we want him for a season, how would people feel about it?

I think we made a 'gentleman's agreement' not to do business with each other post Taylor.

I wouldn't want him to go there, we shouldn't send them anyone who could help them. I'm sure if we wanted to loan him we could easily find another L1 side.

17 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Having refused a loan in England as well. 

Perhaps therea an attitude problem and that's why his opportunities were limited? I know it doesn't fit with the 'LJ's an idiot' movement but he does see him in training week in week out. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Having refused a loan in England as well. 

Perhaps therea an attitude problem and that's why his opportunities were limited? I know it doesn't fit with the 'LJ's an idiot' movement but he does see him in training week in week out. 

I can't say I blame him, having relocated to Bristol, he could have found himself in yet another new place alone for some time. There wasn't really anywhere to loan him that would have allowed to stay local and get used to living here.

Archived