IGNORED

Buying / Selling United tickets (Merged)

george1108

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

It sounds like you turned down an offer for your spare ticket, because it was not a high enough offer (over face value) for your liking. 

That absolutely makes it touting! 

No I turned down the offer because old rascal offered the same . Face value and a pint, difference being the ticket was going to a armed forces city fan home early for Xmas ! 

End off

13 hours ago, Old Rascal said:

Thanks @Spoons

Been after a ticket for my nephew who has got home a few days early from the army, he is over the moon.

Paid a little bit more than face value, but certainly not extortionate! Probably enough for a drink and something to eat tomorrow night.

It has gone to a genuine city fan as well!

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Nope. But he's offered to by me a few drinks and a pie on top!!

:whistle:

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I might change it to a supper curry pie for all the grief I'm getting!! 

Let’s be clear on “Touting”

It is wrong for people to profit from another fellow fan, if they have a spare ticket, absolutely. However, the original owner is likely to have paid out for their ticket priority level, plus spent time on getting the ticket, plus had the chance of being left out of pocket, had the ticket not been taken. So, I think it’s perfectly ok to have a litttle “thank you” on top of the face value, by way of a few pints, or a token tenner for their trouble. Although it should be offered out of decency by the buyer and not demanded by the seller. 

Let’s not be giving Spoons grief here for providing another City fan with a ticket for a game and getting a “thank you” for it. That is perfectly acceptable. 

This seems a good place to mention, hopefully without causing embarrassment, a quite incredible message I had from someone on here last week. I won’t mention their name, incase they rather I didn’t, but feel free to step forward if you like. 

I bought some tickets off of a random stranger, via Gumtree/eBay or the like, for England Vs Croatia, Euro 2004, before heading out for a 2 week tournament jolly. 

Anyway, he contacted me via here last week, saying he’s always felt bad about making a profit from another city fan and my user name tipped him off as to who I was and offered to refund the money I paid him those 14 years ago! 

What a fantastic gesture! Shows what decent football loving family can be about at their best! 

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Did you go to euro 2004? If so I think I managed to sort you or one of your mates out a ticket for the Qtr final Eng v Port? 

I did. We left the day before the quarter final, but a few of the boys stayed out their for it, so it’s very possible it was one of our group! 

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Old Rascal’s post says he paid more than face value....

He said slightly more, to compensate with accociated costs, which is fair. 

Let’s not get silly about it. A seller is entitled to not end up out of pocket and to get a couple of pints for their trouble. 

Does it really matter, the guy has made all of £5 on the ticket, and it's a payment in drink and food not fleeced someone for hundreds.

I have mates who come to footy with me, cause I drive and get the tickets, they often pay my petrol and buy lunch, that's as a thanks, not cause someone is touting.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Old Rascal’s post says he paid more than face value....

Indeed, seems pretty clear cut. Hopefully the mods can check PMs and determine the truth of it. In any case for a game like this you should just contact the club, they'll refund the ticket as they will have a long waiting list of deserving fans who aren't trying to queue jump or fleece others. 

6 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Unfunny, you're the one pimping off your kids Xmas pressies in return for tickets.

Just to put some balance in your criticism of @TETBURY MASSIVE

I honestly believe that he is winding you up

Despite having never met him - He was kind enough to help me with a ticket last season, -he offered and couldn't have been more helpful and absolutely refused my offer of a Thankyou or even a pint or a coffee as a thankyou

Didnt strike me as somebody who would ever profit from another City fan

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He was kind enough to help me with a ticket last season, -couldn't have been more helpful and absolutely refused my offer of a Thankyou or even a pint or a coffee as a thankyou

It's working. 

16 minutes ago, palmerred said:

It's working. 

Thought you were done with this forum.....?!?

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Despite having never met him - He was kind enough to help me with a ticket last season, -he offered and couldn't have been more helpful and absolutely refused my offer of a Thankyou or even a pint or a coffee as a thankyou

Thank you them words BBSB...... I can confirm that you are correct it is all a wind up. I don't even have any children!! Its been fun while it lasted but must come clean....!

Merry Christmas to one and all.... even @palmerred and @Robbored, well with the exception of @Fordy62 & @Woodsy as they are from Cam...... ;)

PS Its @KevP fault.... :clapping:

8 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Thank you them words BBSB...... I can confirm that you are correct it is all a wind up. I don't even have any children!! Its been fun while it lasted but must come clean....!

Merry Christmas to one and all.... even @palmerred and @Robbored, well with the exception of @Fordy62 & @Woodsy as they are from Cam...... ;)

Moi....???? You MASSIVE fibber Tetbury. :clapping: But yeah, happy Christmas to all those who fell for Tetburys naughtiness. And BBSB....PS. Tetbury IS Steve Cotterill s lovechild. 

45 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Got to back Bob up here. I've got to know Tetbury in real life from banter on here. Top bloke, has helped out with tickets on more than one occasion 

30 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

**** that, scrap what I said above. He's a tosser :facepalm:

1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Had me confused for a while!

Archived