IGNORED

LJ - You need to be careful

Londoner

You have to wonder what some fans expect at Bristol City. We are on a poor run and have lost our fluency and teams have worked us out. But to start giving it the big one to LJ is frankly ridiculous.

The OP needs to consider some broader issues that just don’t relate to results for the 1st XI. After years of the academy being a white elephant and no manager taking any interest. We now have a manager who sees that a united club from the under 10s to the 1st XI is critical to our future. I’m hoping the journey men we’ve always recruited are a thing of the past. Give me a bobby Reid and Zac vyner for every Lewis Grabban.

When you look at Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Hull City, Birmingham City. Massive budgets, managerial merry go rounds, upheaval on the board and constant changes. Clearly those models dont work but the knives are emerging. 

I’ll probably be labelled as a happy clapper but having watched the city on the old open end in division 4 days and since then there have been many false dawns. There is no quick fix, money won’t buy you succes. Solid foundations and consistency are essential and a good deal of patience. 

We are entitled to our opinions but seriously....

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I suppose because I’ve seem most teams play a couple of times this season, Wolves are by and large excellent - not withstanding their recent blip - Sheff U played some decent stuff. 

The only comparison I can draw with Warnock really is Tony Pulis. Unfortunately both are very successful at what they do - anti football - but stifling the game is not what I’d want to see week in week out. You’re being successful at it, and Fair play to Warnock for the success, but succession planning will be very hard. 

Neil Warnock has already suggested over here that he may well not want to manage the side if promoted to the Premiership. If he does fine - if he doesn't that's fine too. Our owner can be a difficult customer to get on side and to "splash the cash" but NW has managed that. There is every possibility that Tan will sell if we are promoted and a new broom may want to put a new manager etc in place - who knows? Therefore NW is the ideal manager for us at the moment as the Premiership is the only meaningful short term target at the moment for our owner. However - and I would not expect this to be of general knowledge outside of Cardiff; many fans were being critical of Cardiff management because we recruited 4 or 5 under 21's early in the January window and everyone was worried we were not going to get anyone in for the first team squad which turned out not to be the case by the end of the window.By the way - one of our real success stories this season is Joe Ralls who came through the development squad,

15 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

This is up there as one of the worst threads ever posted on OTIB.

They say attack the post not the poster;

@Londoner your post is a massive, massive tit

Could not agree more. Negative every time.

Any comments on Wednesday? No of course not.

He has as much balance in his posts as a one legged man trying to cross the Avon gorge on a unicycle with no wire!

I have called him out twice today and asked him what team he actually supports cos he doesn't support City.

No reply, so not surprised at all.

2 minutes ago, CardiffCityFan said:

Yes give me more little Wurzel, tell me more about how good you think you are in 6th? Haha

Haha, you are really entertaining us all little welsh boy,,, think im going to sign off now for the evening, ive got the delights of street lighting, running water and not being welsh to enjoy. Do remember that you and your country are a total irrelevance. 

6 minutes ago, CardiffCityFan said:

Keep biting Wurzels, you are giving me extreme pleasure

Fair play to u . Cardiff have a unique style that’s suits the players you have . Today was a dreadful advert for the Championship and I can see why Sky didn’t fancy screening it. You took three points and look like heading to the Premiership and I can see only yourselves tripping you up. My first visit to the new ground and very impressed I was  with it . For a big crowd you guys was a little quiet . Always gonna find biters on here!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Cardiff are serial bottlers, doing well at the moment but with 12 games left, 4 points isn't a huge lead.

Not sure why everyone's giving the young Welsh kid on this forum the attention that he's so desperately craving. 

I don’t think any Cardiff fan expects to go up automatic. I’d take play offs.. looks like you’re the only bottlers here.

2 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

I don’t think any Cardiff fan expects to go up automatic. I’d take play offs.. looks like you’re the only bottlers here.

I'd consider mid table a massive success considering we were widely tipped for relegation preseason. Play-offs were beyond my most optimistic pre-season expectations. 

Year on year progression over a 5 year period, unmatched by any other team (with the exception of Bournemouth) is nothing to be miffed about. 

It's true we're going through a bad spell of form, but my feet are firmly on the ground and I'm focused on the bigger picture.

2 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

I'd consider mid table a massive success considering we were widely tipped for relegation preseason. Play-offs were beyond my most optimistic pre-season expectations. 

Year on year progression over a 5 year period, unmatched by any other team (with the exception of Bournemouth) is nothing to be miffed about. 

It's true we're going through a bad spell of form, but my feet are firmly on the ground and I'm focused on the bigger picture.

In the context of being too 6 nearly all season, to end up outside the playoffs would be disappointing for me.

I predicted 8th in august which I felt was optimistic, and I must admit I’d feel slightly disappointed if we placed there after being top 6 for so long.

Certainly improvement on last season, just the context is important when appraising this season.

I think we have more chance of getting 6th than they have of 2nd.

Lets hope Fulham can continue their good form and get 2nd spot.

What a difference Wednesday to today total football to anti football.

No wonder Colin knows he wouldn't be welcome in the prem.

11 minutes ago, BlueDredd said:

Cardiff since 2008

2008 - 7th (lost on last day of the season IIRC?)

2009 - 4th 

2010 - 4th

2011 - 6th

2012 - 1st (PROMOTED)

2013 - 20th (RELEGATED)

Cardiff with parachute payments

2014 - 11th

2015 - 8th

2016 - 12th

52 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

You have to wonder what some fans expect at Bristol City. We are on a poor run and have lost our fluency and teams have worked us out. But to start giving it the big one to LJ is frankly ridiculous.

The OP needs to consider some broader issues that just don’t relate to results for the 1st XI. After years of the academy being a white elephant and no manager taking any interest. We now have a manager who sees that a united club from the under 10s to the 1st XI is critical to our future. I’m hoping the journey men we’ve always recruited are a thing of the past. Give me a bobby Reid and Zac vyner for every Lewis Grabban.

When you look at Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Hull City, Birmingham City. Massive budgets, managerial merry go rounds, upheaval on the board and constant changes. Clearly those models dont work but the knives are emerging. 

I’ll probably be labelled as a happy clapper but having watched the city on the old open end in division 4 days and since then there have been many false dawns. There is no quick fix, money won’t buy you succes. Solid foundations and consistency are essential and a good deal of patience. 

We are entitled to our opinions but seriously....

So why did LJ not play Zak Vyner at right back when Pisano was first injured? 

I agree that we shouldn't just throw money at overpaid and under performing Premier league players but the one who took the right back slot is now looking a shabby and continually fouling with nobody to replace him. 

Johnson pays a big deal of lip service to the Academy but how many have had any opportunity in league matches this season? 

PS. Other than Reid and Bryan. 

Archived