IGNORED

Predictable otib.......

Robbored

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

In which case how can you judge the recruitment?  

I’m not judging recruitment - I’m simply asking how many of LJs 47 signings were ready for the first team? RW came up with a list  and of that 47 just 15 ( less that a third) were available to go straight into the first team. Of that 15, 4 sustained long term injuries.

To argue that LJ has spent on 47 signings and therefore should be pissing the Championship is complete bollocks.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m not judging recruitment - I’m simply asking how many of LJs 47 signings were ready for the first team? RW came up with a list  and of that 47 just 15 ( less that a third) were available to go straight into the first team. Of that 15, 4 sustained long term injuries.

To argue that LJ has spent on 47 signings and therefore should be pissing the Championship is complete bollocks.

I agree that we shouldn't necessarily be 'pissing it', but we should have a side designed to play a certain style.  We haven't.

I reckon they thought they were buying a lot more Champ  ready players than they actually have.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I agree that we shouldn't necessarily be 'pissing it', but we should have a side designed to play a certain style.  We haven't.

Not yet we haven’t but it’s a work in progress. 

Im sure LJ knows what style he’d like to employ but personally I think he shoots  himself in the foot by overthinking how to adapt against particular opposition.

Theres a lot of mileage in the old clique -  ‘let them worry about us’

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

How many of that 47 were for development and how many were Championship ready?

47 signings in 3 years is absolutely incredible. The fact he has signed 47 and still doesn’t have a game plan is incredible. The fact he’s signed 47 players to fit into an unknown game plan is even more incredible. 

Any decent manager /coach decides on how he wants to play before signing ONE player. The reality is that he’s been using ( and been allowed to) our club as a kind of plaything, guessing and gambling on players, formations, shape and game plan. If it wasn’t so serious it would be hilarious. 

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Lose at Elland Rd where Dirty Leeds are flying and with City down to 10 men and this place goes into meltdown..............:sleeping:

The anti LJ brigade are out in force with their negative posts all aimed at LJ....

What is it about ‘LJ is going nowhere’  that they don’t understand?

SL has backed him before and will do it again so why not just try to accept that fact?    :dunno:

SL wants stability long term and by sacking the Head Coach ( and all his assistants) would completely destabilise the club with an entirely new manager and his backtoom staff coming in. 

SL has seen that happen many times before and realises that long term it hasn’t worked so he’ll stick by his man just as he has before.

"l

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Lose at Elland Rd where Dirty Leeds are flying and with City down to 10 men and this place goes into meltdown..............:sleeping:

The anti LJ brigade are out in force with their negative posts all aimed at LJ....

SL has backed him before and will do it again so why not just try to accept that fact?    :dunno:

SL wants stability long term and by sacking the Head Coach ( and all his assistants) would completely destabilise the club with an entirely new manager and his backtoom staff coming in. 

SL has seen that happen many times before and realises that long term it hasn’t worked so he’ll stick by his man just as he has before.

'LJ is going nowhere'

So he's Nowhere Man.

A Scouse group combo from yesteryear sang a song about it...

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

47 signings in 3 years is absolutely incredible. The fact he has signed 47 and still doesn’t have a game plan is incredible. The fact he’s signed 47 players to fit into an unknown game plan is even more incredible. 

Any decent manager /coach decides on how he wants to play before signing ONE player. The reality is that he’s been using ( and been allowed to) our club as a kind of plaything, guessing and gambling on players, formations, shape and game plan. If it wasn’t so serious it would be hilarious. 

Nearly 30 of the 47 were largely development signings. 

If you take that into consideration then it’s not so incredible after all.......but then I guess you’re one of the LJ out brigade.

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Firstly how do you calculate only 15 were available for the first team on the earlier list and who other has been missed.

No one sane is arguing we should be pissing anything, your words, but we should be a lot better than we are.

Also the model is to bring in players develop them and sell them. The players we have sold that actually yielded a profit were here befor LJs arrival. Ones he has bought include 

Tomlin

Hegeler

Engval

Di Giralamo

ONeal

Djuric

Magnússon (possible small profit)

Etc

I see no sign of players coming in under LJ being worth money other than Brownhill. Our biggest asset right now is Kelly. Outside of that we are not developing into anything other than a relegation fight.

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

On the money.

He can and has being doing that with the confidence that his job is safe.

#toocosy

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

To you maybe but as I’ve posted earlier, there are plenty of games to go......

Its worth pointing out again that LJ is working essentially with one hand tied behind his back due to the strategy that SL wants him to employ.

If SL was willing to spend mega bucks then things would be easier but he’s not and that’s why he employed LJ who is willing to work within the strategy - Cotterill wasn’t and that why he was sacked.

LJ has spent mega bucks.....compared to other City managers....I’ve got a better first touch than the £5m+ striker Fammy....it hasn’t worked...anyone who thinks LJ hasn’t been given mega bucks to spend has ignored the transfers in over the last few years....

1 minute ago, Badger08 said:

In a weird way, I also think you're right.  Even though I don't agree with it, I do feel as though that for us to move forward as a club, LJ has to go.  He's such a devisive character, it's creating a bit of a toxic environment. 

Yep, I can’t renember a City manager who has divided the fans as much as LJ - obviously the blight of social media has made it easier to announce opinions but in my time LJ seems to be the guy who has divided opinion more than any other....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough Badger, I totally respect your views mate....but I don’t think we will have the ‘long term stability’ that you mention under L.J...

Ask yourself how you stabilise a football club...............the most important thing is to have consistency throughout the club staring with the owner and then the head coach and his backroom staff who have the responsibility of running the playing side of the club and ultimately that’s what a football club is all about.

If the owner decides to change managers every time there’s a poor run that simply scuppers the concept of stability. 

Changing the CEO, head groundskeeper or any other staff has little or no serious effect  but changing the head coach has far more unstabling effect and why SL wants to avoid it.

10 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

In a weird way, I also think you're right.  Even though I don't agree with it, I do feel as though that for us to move forward as a club, LJ has to go.  He's such a devisive character, it's creating a bit of a toxic environment. 

Do you think SL cares whether LJ could be a divisive character amongst us fans?  

Im sure he  couldn’t give two hoots.........

To him it’s all about creating a sustainable and stable football club in his home town.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ask yourself how you stabilise a football club...............the most important thing is to have consistency throughout the club staring with the owner and then the head coach and his backroom staff who have the responsibility of running the playing side of the club and ultimately that’s what a football club is all about.

If the owner decides to change managers every time there’s a poor run that simply scuppers the concept of stability. 

Changing the CEO, head groundskeeper or any other staff has little or no serious effect  but changing the head coach has far more unstabling effect and why SL wants to avoid it.

I respect your views Robbored....but I don’t think any Head Coach in Europe would have survived the long winless runs that we’ve endured under LJ over the last few years....our owner and you must see something that a lot of other people don’t...

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I thought the whole plan as it was sold to us, and you seem to lap up, was that the structure was in place so that the HC was interchangeble?  No changing of backroom staff etc?  

As you profess to know what SL is creating how does your comment fit with that?

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

He is supposed to have us in a position where we can "get in the top six and vie for promotion at the end of the season" according to the owner. Those were SL's words, summer just gone. Thankfully, there's still enough time and games to be doing that. 

"Vie" means: compete eagerly with someone in order to do or achieve something, by the way.

The owner also said, last May, that LJ is "here for the long term." So, where we stand: nice and clear....

So @Robbored , cut to the chaste, do you support our current head coach and want him to remain or do you feel change is necessary?

I'm not having a pop in any way and you've put up a decent case but what is your personal opinion given the current apathy plus the potential loss in SC sales etc?

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Following on from a predictable defeat.

11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I thought the whole plan as it was sold to us, and you seem to lap up, was that the structure was in place so that the HC was interchangeble?  No changing of backroom staff etc?  

Liverpool in the 80s and 90s were immensely successful largely by promoting from within - the boot room. That could be what SL has in mind and if LJ was to be dismissed then possibly Macca or Deano would step up - if they wanted the job of course. 

If that happened then the destabling effect would be minimal - but if a new bloke comes in with all his people the opposite happens. 

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

I raised this the other day on another thread and mentioned that LJ has surrounded himself with mediocrity on the coaching staff. Ask yourself what possible replacement head coach would be willing to work with the existing backroom staff? LJ has played a blinder and unfortunatley we are stuck with him.

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

So @Robbored , cut to the chaste, do you support our current head coach and want him to remain or do you feel change is necessary?

I'm not having a pop in any way and you've put up a decent case but what is your personal opinion given the current apathy plus the potential loss in SC sales etc?

Ive already stated that I’m neutral with LJ. I want him to succeed of course as most of do and I’m prepared to be patient and tolerant and not overreact to a poor run of results as so many do on here.

Archived