IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

In the time Lee Johnson has been manager....

Chris Wilder has taken Sheff Utd from league 1 to the Prem 

Neil Warnock took Cardiff from relegation fodder and below us, to promotion....and gave them a season in the Prem

I look forward to our continuous progression this season though when we finish 1 point better of then last year 

Whatever system or tactics you believe in you can't make those sorts of mistakes. Some really poor touches from some players tonight which really gifted them the game. Its not like the shots were raining in on us. 

Pleased to see Korey being pretty tidy still which gives us more options. 

6 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Right. Lee Johnson can go now. 
So far off the top teams because we have no identity, no pattern of play and no idea how to get our best players into a team.

Enough.

Nothing to do with the “top teams” being bigger clubs with bigger budgets, a recent history of Premier League football and parachute payments enabling them to sign better players, then?

Offside or not for two of the goals West Brom have by far been the better side tonight. They have exposed our frailties and have pretty much controlled the game from start to finish. 

We don’t pose enough of a threat going forward and against the good sides we are going to get punished for failing to take control in the middle of the park and get goals on the board.

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

What did we expect when we started the game with zero strength up top and three defenders against Robson-Kanu.

That first half was so predictable. No attacking outlet. One shot on target in two games. Our most creative player on the bench. An in form striker on the bench.

A better manager could get more from this team. Not saying LJ is bad, but we’re in a position where he really needs to show us who he is.

Why are you backpedaling from your last post where you said:

Right. Lee Johnson can go now. 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and your zillions of negative posts on a match thread about a game you, once again, didn’t attend - more predictable than the result ...!

I’m a season ticket holder and I don’t go to away games, so I watch them on TV when they’re on. So I see more games than I don’t see. Not sure how you manage to turn that into a stick to beat me with.

Are you at The Hawthorns out of interest? 

Or just sat around with the Rothmans annual waiting for someone to make a factual error :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

In the time Lee Johnson has been manager....

Chris Wilder has taken Sheff Utd from league 1 to the Prem 

Neil Warnock took Cardiff from relegation fodder and below us, to promotion....and gave them a season in the Prem

I look forward to our continuous progression this season though when we finish 1 point better of then last year 

2 examples out of 92 league clubs. Definitely a fair and rounded assessment of our progress, well done.

Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

Why are you backpedaling from your last post where you said:

Right. Lee Johnson can go now. 

I’m not? LJ set that team up. It was obviously wrong and how many times have we seen changes at half time because he’s got it wrong in the first half.

I’ve had enough of it.

Thank goodness it's finished, the game was lost by silly sloppy mistakes, you cannot afford that against any team in this league, but with a team like WBA, then any chance you have of a result has gone. Just not good enough and Huddersfield at home on Saturday, our goal scoring form at home is terrible.  Lose that and we will slip down the table.

The off-sides don't really matter - the goals are given. Truth is WBA are a long way ahead of us. Without the offsides we would still not have a point or more that one shot on target.

Our best hope is that there aren't 6 better sides than us come May - my worry is that on recent performances there could easily 10 sides better than us by then.

Archived