IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

In all fairness to many of the posters on here there is still quite a respectable level of confidence around this forum.

"If it wasn't for the Lino", "3 mistakes cost us" etc, "3rd goal destroyed us" etc - "at 2-1 we could have got the equaliser"! 

I applaud faith - but 1 shot on target in two games will not get too many points and will lead to a mid table season I'm sure.

Gutted but not surprised . West Brom are a yo yo side with plenty of cash , a couple of ex England players and a massive wage bill . We’re light years behind them , they played with pace and power and outmuscled us all over the park . We set up to get a draw . Wrong tactics 

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We aren’t going to get stuffed by Hull on Saturday. I am absolutely sure of that .

Yep don’t know what happened there, just typed “hu” now and hi came up! wtf? Where Hull came from I don’t have a clue, but in the end it does not matter, we have got rid of anyone in the back room who may have challenged our HC’s decisions and for the moment the owner backs him. Despite the fact that he has failed in every department after fantastic backing!

We are lucky the division is so open, we do have some good players and with better preparation and selection we could be deservedly challenging at the top, it’s not injuries that are the problem it’s preparation and execution and there is only one person responsible for that.

its no surprise that he has angered some very experienced professionals playing for city!

January will have to be a turning point for us, we can’t continue with our poor passing, poor ball retention, poor selection, poor game plan and poor planning - being average does not get us promoted!

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I don't have an issue with people having a different opinion to me.

But carry on twisting things.

Used to respect you as a poster, but you're being bloody deceitful there.

I’ve genuinely twisted nothing. You got all defensive when I criticised Johnson and then gave it the ‘whatever I can’t be arsed’ when I explained my viewpoint. 

If you don’t want to discuss it fine but deceitful? Get a grip pal. 

Just now, Allwaysred said:

LJ bought these players it his job to make these decisions and you've hit the nail on the head with all of the above he's the 1 who bangs on about identity but where is it..... we are BANG average and buy the time January rolls round again it's to late. Said before forest will be well adrift by NY but most will be happy with that.

Right now, we need to pick a team and stick with it for a bit.

I’d go:

................................ Bentley

Pereira.........Williams........Kalas........Rowe

.................................Nagy

Eliasson...............Brownhill............O’Dowda

.......................Weimann...Diedhiou

Brownhill has the motor in midfield. Eliasson and O’Dowda can cross. Niclas can get forward and support the front two, O’Dowda has the ability to tuck in and cover. Nagy can help bring the ball out of defence.

Out of possession, Weimann drops to LW and COD tucks in.

Somehow, we have to get Niclas in the team. He needs Fammy as a target. Give us an identity, use width, crosses and Weimann’s pressing. Let’s see how far that can take us.

We got one goal. Eliasson corner and Famara scored. Its enough say about the starting eleven. COD good in defensive, kiss my ass am not blind. Hudds next,  Bentley in goal, COD still nine places to fight about. No one want to buy COD when he was out of contract, managers and scouts see what LJ dont see. Its a wake up call for LJ.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’ve genuinely twisted nothing. You got all defensive when I criticised Johnson and then gave it the ‘whatever I can’t be arsed’ when I explained my viewpoint. 

If you don’t want to discuss it fine but deceitful? Get a grip pal. 

You gave a loaded question in the first response to me, in itself twisting what I had said to insinuate I was happy with the Forest performance.

Then when you tried to justify it I said I can't be bothered.

That's not me in any way saying people cannot have a different opinion to me.

So you then saying that people are allowed a different opinion suggests I have have an issue with that- which I don't. Again if you actually look at the discord between myself and others after the Forest game you will see that.

You are welcome to have a different opinion to me, me saying I can't be bothered to debate it isn't me trying to deny you of it. 

But despite each of those times where you have twisted my posts you want to claim you aren't being deceitful? You're having a ******* laugh.

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Right now, we need to pick a team and stick with it for a bit.

I’d go:

................................ Bentley

Pereira.........Williams........Kalas........Rowe

.................................Nagy

Eliasson...............Brownhill............O’Dowda

.......................Weimann...Diedhiou

Brownhill has the motor in midfield. Eliasson and O’Dowda can cross. Niclas can get forward and support the front two, O’Dowda has the ability to tuck in and cover. Nagy can help bring the ball out of defence.

Out of possession, Weimann drops to LW and COD tucks in.

Somehow, we have to get Niclas in the team. He needs Fammy as a target. Give us an identity, use width, crosses and Weimann’s pressing. Let’s see how far that can take us.

I'm sorry, but how anybody could pick Williams over Baker or Moore is beyond me. He's absolutely woeful imo.

Haven’t scrolled thru the previous threads but bottom line - LJ got the starting 11 completely wrong. He obviously had some kind tactical strategy but it backfired spectacularly.

Second half much better with the changes he made but I can’t remember the last time I saw City give possession away so often. Got back into the game at 2-1 but conceded the third with sloppy play to essentially kill off the game. The fourth.....the coup de grace......

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

You gave a loaded question in the first response to me, in itself twisting what I had said to insinuate I was happy with the Forest performance.

Then when you tried to justify it I said I can't be bothered.

That's not me in any way saying people cannot have a different opinion to me.

So you then saying that people are allowed a different opinion suggests I have have an issue with that- which I don't. Again if you actually look at the discord between myself and others after the Forest game you will see that.

You are welcome to have a different opinion to me, me saying I can't be bothered to debate it isn't me trying to deny you of it. 

But despite each of those times where you have twisted my posts you want to claim you aren't being deceitful? You're having a ******* laugh.

Ok mate. You keep saying loaded question like I’m trying to set you up for murder or something. You’re over thinking it  

I criticised the tactical approach, you strongly defended it, I then asked you if you were happy with the end result against Forest. That’s all there was to it. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

How many games have we had to make a double sub and change formation in? Gotta be well over 75%. 

Amount of times this season that LJ has got the starting 11 wrong is worrying 

Same subs all the time as well. If his plan every time we’re being shit is to reach for Eliasson, why doesn’t he bloody play him. 

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Whatever you say.

I honestly can't be arsed. This forum is going to shit anyway.

Can't for the life of me think why, oh! yes another toothless performance and strange tactics. and please don't try to say we have done all right up to now because we know in the main we haven't. (performance wise)

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Ok mate. You keep saying loaded question like I’m trying to set you up for murder or something. You’re over thinking it  

I criticised the tactical approach, you strongly defended it, I then asked you if you were happy with the end result against Forest. That’s all there was to it. 

I ******* DIDN'T.

I've already stated explicitly that I was NOT commentating on the tactical selections

14 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I wasn’t honking that but nobody mentioned it, could have got to the ball or made a last ditch challenge if a bit more aware.

Baker certainly does not suit a back 3.

Yep been saying it all season. Baker not in a back 3. Well, I don't really rate him in a back 4 either to be honest. That jogging back was pathetic. He switches off far too easily at times, and even when a player is one on one!

4 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

I thought Fam did well linking up play and took his goal well, Eliasson made an impact too. Just need to find a way to be solid and have these two on it. They really are our most dangerous players.

If only it was as easy as that.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Yep been saying it all season. Baker not in a back 3. Well, I don't really rate him in a back 4 either to be honest. That jogging back was pathetic. He switches off far too easily at times, and even when a player is one on one!

His distribution when in possession is woeful

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Can't for the life of me think why, oh! yes another toothless performance and strange tactics. and please don't try to say we have done all right up to now because we know in the main we haven't. (performance wise)

The forum going to shit and our performances being shit are two completely unrelated things.

The former began before the latter for a start.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I ******* DIDN'T.

I've already stated explicitly that I was NOT commentating on the tactical selections

Ah yes I’ve just read your post back. You suggested I wanted to ‘have my cake and eat it’ because I questioned the validity of 5 at the back when half your best defenders are missing. 

Regardless I really don’t think it’s worth getting this worked up about. 

Truly embarrassing stats from Sky tonight regarding Eliasson's stats and his status being only 16th in line or something silly.

How long can this go on? Crazy.

And before anyone says "the system isn't right for him" why does he EVER play then and why bring him to the club in the first place?

My worry from tonight is not so much the result - already evident we are way off West Brom, Leeds, Fulham standards - it’s that we’re not very good. 

I knew we’re not very good upfront. The concern is now we don’t look very good anywhere - bar Bentley.

There were some shocking performances and individual errors. Even greater concern though is there’s no shape, style or substance to our play. 

A hopeless, hapless performance on and off the pitch. 

We need to get back to basics, stop trying to be clever and get in some solid, cohesive team performances. 

If we started every game as though we were playing a team wearing blue n white quarters I would be very very happy and that is what we should be seeing every game, home and away - win or effing lose!

We have a coach that still does not know his best team, where is the magic, where is the excitement? Come on ye reds we can be so much better, as someone else said it’s 2 years since we had a really exciting home game - Johnson will NEVER get us in the prem!

dare I say Johnson out!

Season Over... lets all make this result bigger then it was.... ?

West Brom at home are hard any time of season, lets not pretend we have the same players or ability to attract the same players on the huge wages... ( I could be wrong)

I think we haven't found our best team yet but also we haven't been able to replace Afobe within the squad , which is quite unlucky!

Archived