IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure what point you’re trying to argue James. We’ve set up 532 in every away game this season, even on nights like tonight when we’re having to play a 4th choice CB and a winger in there to be able to put enough names on the team sheet. 

We set up with 5 defenders at home to Forest on Saturday and even 11 v 10 barely registered a shot on target. Are you honestly happy with that? 

If you aren't sure then that's on you.

My point is extremely clear.

LJ hasn't been afraid to try different formations in the past. So criticism on the basis that he never does so is invalid.

Nothing I said even remotely suggested I am "happy with" games with no shots on target, and I personally had you down as someone who was above twisting words to insinuate nonsense. Evidently I was wrong. If you look back I wasn't defending the formation, team selection or anything. In fact I made no comment about it either way. What I was commenting on is the fans determination to have it both ways when it comes to critiquing.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

If we're in the top 6 after 46 games I wouldn't care if it was a false position ?‍♂️

Let's get 22 points more and look forward to next season, the cream is starting to rise to the top of the league I don't think this manager is strong enough too finish in the top 6, he's far too negative at home every game is a bore fest

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We let four in there last season, with Webster and Kalas at the back. And £13m PL bound Lloyd Kelly, too. Ho hum 

We let four in there last season, with Webster and Kalas at the back. And £13m PL bound Lloyd Kelly, too. Ho hum 

And if they don’t go up we’ll probably do exactly the same next season as we just don’t learn from the same mistakes. 

Anyone who thought we’d get anything out of this with the same system as Saturday is utterly deluded.

We just about matched a team that had ten men for the best part of half the game let alone probably the best side in the league. 

This has been coming. 

We've not been the best defensively and have had some Naive perfomances while managing to pick up points with a pretty low number of chances. 

The exact same position we were in before a certain winless run. 

Difference being we've spent £35m since then, still have no midield, and still have no identity.

People will look at results, but the last few games have reminded me starkly of the S'OD days. We do not move off the ball. Period. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I didn’t say he could. But that doesn’t make him a ‘shit manager’ as you put it. And it’s nonsense to say we haven’t been positive in 3/4 years. We played some of the best football we’ve seen in years in 17/18. 

Over 2 years ago since our last decent home game 

Joy 

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

good point; almost worth mentioning it twice  ?

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’m not? LJ set that team up. It was obviously wrong and how many times have we seen changes at half time because he’s got it wrong in the first half.

I’ve had enough of it.

I don’t disagree, but your initial post calling for Johnson out etc was way OTT. Apparently we’re 3 points off third. Get a grip FFS. 

LJ trying to be too clever , again, against one of the best teams in the division.

He still believes Roy of the Rovers is real.

If it comes off he’s the hero but it rarely does. 

I would like to see à joined up team where players know what they’re doing and the game of their teammates.

We gave WBA the game. 

Very disappointed with tonight’s performance. I could have accepted a hard fought loss but it was a stroll in the park for the midlanders. 

Roll on Huddersfield and let’s see a response. 

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

If you aren't sure then that's on you.

My point is extremely clear.

LJ hasn't been afraid to try different formations in the past. So criticism on the basis that he never does so is invalid.

Nothing I said even remotely suggested I am "happy with" games with no shots on target, and I personally had you down as someone who was above twisting words to insinuate nonsense. Evidently I was wrong. If you look back I wasn't defending the formation, team selection or anything. In fact I made no comment about it either way. What I was commenting on is the fans determination to have it both ways when it comes to critiquing.

Not insinuating anything mate. You reacted strongly to my criticism of what was a clearly failing system tonight so assumed you thought he got it right. 

I agree that he hasn’t been afraid to experiment tactically in the past which is what makes it even more baffling to me that even when he has put square pegs in round holes, he refuses to deviate from something that clearly isn’t working rather than use a system that suits the personnel he has available. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And if they don’t go up we’ll probably do exactly the same next season as we just don’t learn from the same mistakes

Anyone who thought we’d get anything out of this with the same system as Saturday is utterly deluded.

We just about matched a team that had ten men for the best part of half the game let alone probably the best side in the league. 

...and why don't we learn from our mistakes? 

We change players, but the one thing that stays consistent ....is our 'head coach'

5 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We let 4 in there every seasonn

9 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

My missus just hit the nail on the head, she said, 'every time I watch City they look clumsy' 

You best stop her watching us then GR! :) 

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

In the time Lee Johnson has been manager....

Chris Wilder has taken Sheff Utd from league 1 to the Prem 

Neil Warnock took Cardiff from relegation fodder and below us, to promotion....and gave them a season in the Prem

I look forward to our continuous progression this season though when we finish 1 point better of then last year 

Want Warnock as manager then?  Get a f.....g grip

Still in 7th and beaten by the team that's gone top. I get it you don't like the manager, but just take a step back and look at where we are, I'd rather be in our position than Barnsley, Stoke or Boro.

Tonight was shit, just as shit as against Luton, but WBA have got some good players, they'll be up there at the end of the season.

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Not insinuating anything mate. You reacted strongly to my criticism of what was a clearly failing system tonight so assumed you thought he got it right. 

I agree that he hasn’t been afraid to experiment tactically in the past which is what makes it even more baffling to me that even when he has put square pegs in round holes, he refuses to deviate from something that clearly isn’t working rather than use a system that suits the personnel he has available. 

Your loaded question insinuated I was happy with the no shots on target against 10 man Forest.

Even though there were multiple posts from me at the time where I pointed out failings.

8 minutes ago, PAPA650 said:

West BLACK Albion don't the manager they like white players ???  don't give me any racism comments please just a observation !!!

I won't vilify you, you'll receive plenty of that.

Mate. I also noticed that West Brom had a mainly non-white team. 

But, I don't think how you presented your thoughts was done in the correct manner. 

You might not be aware - for whatever reason - that comments such as yours are just not acceptable in today's society. 

Unfortunately for you, your comment WILL be considered racist and quite rightly too. 

Maybe you typed what your brain thought. Next time, pause and think what you are saying. 

We all make mistakes. The secret is learning from them. 

I didn’t expect anything tonight. Away at WBA is tough. 4-1 wouldn’t have been a surprise if you’d told me that at 7:30.

What I didn’t expect was a clueless first half with an entirely wrong team selection and no idea how to play. That falls on the manager and that has happened too many times.

Archived