IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Quite possibly, but awful defending, two defenders standing still watching Austin have two stabs at the ball. 

Ive only watched the last half an hour, we look so open, when West Brom have the ball, no closing down, players standing off etc. 

Because of the halftime changes in part,  the being open point.

We had to make the changes but being 2 down, trying to chase the game and being outnumbered centrally would always make it very difficult.

Taking your captain off in the last 2 games says it all.... totally outclassed as exspected but once again nothing on target from open play and that's simply not good enough at any level. We've rode our luck and will see Saturday what the response LJ gets as it's a MUST win already just to keep in touch never mind play offs..... 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Your loaded question insinuated I was happy with the no shots on target against 10 man Forest.

Even though there were multiple posts from me at the time where I pointed out failings.

I didn’t insinuate that you were happy with it, I asked you if you were. As you were very quick to jump to the defence of the manager that delivered it in the face of (IMO fairly justified) criticism of recent tactics and performances. 

I think it’s well known I’m not a Johnson basher (as it were!)  for the sake of it (actually like to think I’m fairly balanced in my overall assessments!) but the recent performances have been - to be polite - garbage and it’s only natural that the tactical approach - ie setting up in what is in my mind very negatively, even at home - is coming in for some flak. 

11 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We let four in there last season, with Webster and Kalas at the back. And £13m PL bound Lloyd Kelly, too. Ho hum 

We let four in there last season, with Webster and Kalas at the back. And £13m PL bound Lloyd Kelly, too. Ho hum 

Didnt we have 24 shots that game?

We may not have defended well, but at least we got the ball up the pitch. Not off it. 

We were well beaten tonight. There may have been an offside element about two of the goals but WBA could have had more. Twice caught on the ball and a bad pass out from Bentley cost us. The Bentley mistake was particularly galling as having got back into the match he had to launch it downfield. Amazingly we are still 7th and a win against 'uddersfield on Saturday will keep us in the hunt, so let's put this down as a game we didn't expect points from and move on. 

Just now, hollydog said:

Sorry but you are deluded. WBA didn’t get out of 2nd gear all night. We were never going to get back into it after going 0-2.

We got 1 so we could get 2. You're a bit deluded if you think a team can score one goal against someone and not do the same again. Sorry but you are deluded.

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Off you go then?

Ah, the usual “sod off if you’re not happy”. Thanks.

We’ve done fairly well this season, but my main gripe is about our game plans and identity. What type of team are we? What’s our intention in most games? A lot of people would really struggle to say.

Eliasson’s our most creative player and can’t get in the team. Diedhiou’s on form and comes in and out. Brownhill’s played deep, at the top of the midfield, at left midfield. Watkins comes in and disappears again. Smith’s now the saviour after four games in two years.

Johnson’s assembled decent players. O’Dowda, Kalas, Nagy, Brownhill, Eliasson, Diedhiou, Dasilva, Pereira... they’re all quality players but it’s really difficult to fit them into a team, which just points to a lack of direction from our leaders.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I didn’t insinuate that you were happy with it, I asked you if you were. As you were very quick to jump to the defence of the manager that delivered it in the face of (IMO fairly justified) criticism of recent tactics and performances. 

I think it’s well known I’m not a Johnson basher (as it were!)  for the sake of it (actually like to think I’m fairly balanced in my overall assessments!) but the recent performances have been - to be polite - garbage and it’s only natural that the tactical approach - ie setting up in what is in my mind very negatively, even at home - is coming in for some flak. 

Whatever you say.

I honestly can't be arsed. This forum is going to shit anyway.

At the metro station heading back to wolves surrounded by wba fans. 

They said it was easy and they have no idea how we are so high up the league. 

Far too defensive, wrong set up. No idea what Wright does to justify his captaincy. Nagy has his poorest game. 4 mistakes, 4 goals. Similar to a few years ago when Hartley scored that sensational free kick. 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

2 examples out of 92 league clubs. Definitely a fair and rounded assessment of our progress, well done.

I know you want to defend City at all times, but you must see if you watched the game? that in every department we were second best.

We played no football tonight, never ever looked like opening them up with a slick passing move.

Apart from the standard Lee substations, winger crosses chance of a header at goal. after 5 mins that's all over.

The side tonight had one real creative player Palmer, ok he had a shit first half but leave him on, once he's off what's left?

I can't see this craving for this top striker in January making any difference. We are what we are a bang average mid table side.

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

LJ trying to be too clever , again, against one of the best teams in the division.

He still believes Roy of the Rovers is real.

If it comes off he’s the hero but it rarely does. 

I would like to see à joined up team where players know what they’re doing and the game of their teammates.

We gave WBA the game. 

Very disappointed with tonight’s performance. I could have accepted a hard fought loss but it was a stroll in the park for the midlanders. 

Roll on Huddersfield and let’s see a response. 

Dream on! It will be the same dross at home as we've had for three years.

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

We’ve done fairly well this season, but my main gripe is about our game plans and identity. What type of team are we? What’s our intention in most games? A lot of people would really struggle to say.

Eliasson’s our most creative player and can’t get in the team. Diedhiou’s on form and comes in and out. Brownhill’s played deep, at the top of the midfield, at left midfield. Watkins comes in and disappears again. Smith’s now the saviour after four games in two years.

Johnson’s assembled decent players. O’Dowda, Kalas, Nagy, Brownhill, Eliasson, Diedhiou, Dasilva, Pereira... they’re all quality players but it’s really difficult to fit them into a team, which just points to a lack of direction from our leaders.

Sorry..........but you said  "You'd had enough"......I was merely waving you off.  Lighten up ?

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Relatively negative yes,  tactics don't necessarily equal negativity though.

Certainly don't think we're getting the balance right atm though! Looked not a bad side on paper at 7.45pm tonight,  just goes to show...

Baker on that first goal! He is jogging back when a guy is clean through! Keeps him onside before that too. Shocking. I can't even think what must be going though his mind there.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Baker on that first goal! He is jogging back when a guy is clean through! Keeps him onside before that too. Shocking. I can't even think what must be going though his mind there.

I wasn’t honking that but nobody mentioned it, could have got to the ball or made a last ditch challenge if a bit more aware.

Baker certainly does not suit a back 3.

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

3rd and 4th WBA goals were offside to be fair. Linesman keeps up with play better and maybe we still have that belief at 2-1 to get an equaliser.

Shame the linesman on the other side kept up and ruled our first attempt offside!

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Honestly pathetic. It’s a discussion forum James. Sometimes people won’t have the exact same opinion as you, and that’s ok. 

I don't have an issue with people having a different opinion to me.

But carry on twisting things.

Used to respect you as a poster, but you're being bloody deceitful there.

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

LJ bought these players it his job to make these decisions and you've hit the nail on the head with all of the above he's the 1 who bangs on about identity but where is it..... we are BANG average and buy the time January rolls round again it's to late. Said before forest will be well adrift by NY but most will be happy with that.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We got 1 so we could get 2. You're a bit deluded if you think a team can score one goal against someone and not do the same again. Sorry but you are deluded.

Just going off 50 years of watching the City. Mansfield away aside I can’t remember many away games when we’ve come back from 2 down in the last 10 minutes! 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Relatively negative yes,  tactics don't necessarily equal negativity though.

Certainly don't think we're getting the balance right atm though! Looked not a bad side on paper at 7.45pm tonight,  just goes to show...

Our do! 

Only thing I liked the look of tonight was the midfield three who were all disappointing.

Personally I thought a back 5 that included Bailey Wright and O’Dowda against probably the best side in the league had disaster written all over it!

Archived