IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Truly embarrassing stats from Sky tonight regarding Eliasson's stats and his status being only 16th in line or something silly.

How long can this go on? Crazy.

And before anyone says "the system isn't right for him" why does he EVER play then and why bring him to the club in the first place?

15th but yeah. Basically Elliasson is our top for assists and Fammy our best goalscorer. Both should be in team no doubt yet didn't even start.

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ah yes I’ve just read your post back. You suggested I wanted to ‘have my cake and eat it’ because I questioned the validity of 5 at the back when half your best defenders are missing. 

Regardless I really don’t think it’s worth getting this worked up about. 

Again, that's not true. And that's a massive twist of what happened.

My "have your cake and eat it' comment was over the fact that LJ was criticised for changing the formation so much last season, and now the criticism is about LJ sticking to a formation.

6 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Yes we did. Wright awful first half. Should not be anywhere near the first team nor should he be club captain. 

Agreed but I'm not sure that bringing one player back would've made a lot of difference. If Nagy hadn't played, we'd have been saying that we missed Nagy. But he did play and we were still shit. Kalas played in the Barnsley game and our defence still looked ropey. The problem is bigger than just one or two individual players.

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

Don’t know if anyone else has mentioned it yet but their 3rd and 4th goal were both offside yes they’re tight but I guess some go for you some don’t 

But there was also one where they raced through, got flagged and he wasn't off...  poor lino on that side tonight actually

6 minutes ago, dave36 said:

If we started every game as though we were playing a team wearing blue n white quarters I would be very very happy and that is what we should be seeing every game, home and away - win or effing lose!

We have a coach that still does not know his best team, where is the magic, where is the excitement? Come on ye reds we can be so much better, as someone else said it’s 2 years since we had a really exciting home game - Johnson will NEVER get us in the prem!

dare I say Johnson out!

It sounds an overreaction but there will come a time where if we carry on like this the gun will have to be fired how close to that we are comes down to how much patience Steve Lansdown has would say we are a little way from that but personally not a happy bunny despite our fairly lofty position. 

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Again, that's not true. And that's a massive twist of what happened.

My "have your cake and eat it' comment was over the fact that LJ was criticised for changing the formation so much last season, and now the criticism is about LJ sticking to a formation.

I’m not gonna lie I’ve genuinely lost track of why I’ve gotten under your skin so much this point. We’re all frustrated. I think you’ve done your fair share of twisting my words too so let’s agree to disagree. 

Ditch the 3 centre-backs, Johnson. After all, most games we end up having to anyway. If we had two, or even one quality wing-back at BCFC, it could be justified. There is no Joey Bryan any longer. A back four please, and have the balls to give Niclas his deserved time in the side.

33 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Yep don’t know what happened there, just typed “hu” now and hi came up! wtf? Where Hull came from I don’t have a clue, but in the end it does not matter, we have got rid of anyone in the back room who may have challenged our HC’s decisions and for the moment the owner backs him. Despite the fact that he has failed in every department after fantastic backing!

We are lucky the division is so open, we do have some good players and with better preparation and selection we could be deservedly challenging at the top, it’s not injuries that are the problem it’s preparation and execution and there is only one person responsible for that.

its no surprise that he has angered some very experienced professionals playing for city!

January will have to be a turning point for us, we can’t continue with our poor passing, poor ball retention, poor selection, poor game plan and poor planning - being average does not get us promoted!

What do you mean by; 

“It’s no surprise he has angered some very experienced professionals playing for City”

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

We’ve done more in 5 minutes than the last 3 halves of football. 

Unfortunately that opening 7/8 minutes of the second half was as good as it’s got.  There will be cries of 442 for Saturday, when in fact West Brom played their way through that formation as well as they played through our 5221 in the first half.

They were better technically, sharper and more physical all over the pitch.

Too many things to pick holes in.  But if the players as individuals don’t execute and don’t compete, you won’t win many games in the Champ.

Lets hope we see a response Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Unfortunately that opening 7/8 minutes of the second half was as good as it’s got.  There will be cries of 442 for Saturday, when in fact West Brom played their way through that formation as well as they played through our 5221 in the first half.

Too many things to pick holes in.  But if the players as individuals don’t execute and don’t compete, you won’t win many games in the Champ.

Yea we have struggled to execute even the basic of passes recently. I get that execution will depend on how well the opposition play or are set up, but this is happening far too often.

Snippets from LJ Radio Bristol Post match interview. 

Obviously a lot more awkward talking after a defeat. 

Tonight we were "very naieve". 

We need to impose a "siege mentality" at home Saturday. Hopefully not, I'd like to see some football. 

The players are an "honest bunch", nice.

There was a "lack of cohesion" tonight, no shit. 

"If you give the boy's the shirt they have to perform". "4 or 5 found wanting". "Myself, I have to look in the mirror". "We need to take one step back to take two steps forward". "We'll acess individuals fitness and qualities". 

"I'm looking for characters". Wasn't it "leaders" recently? 

"Lick the wounds" "Reacess" 

A lot of clever 'football talk' 

Apparently, his pre-match comment, that West Brom had some "silk" in their team was correct. 

OK. I didn't expect much from tonight. And, I got less. Maybe, to an extent, it was the player's fault. But, that team selection and formation was down, to one individual, obstenstially. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe Dave  they  aren't good enough to execute at the top end of the championship?

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You gave a loaded question in the first response to me, in itself twisting what I had said to insinuate I was happy with the Forest performance.

Then when you tried to justify it I said I can't be bothered.

That's not me in any way saying people cannot have a different opinion to me.

So you then saying that people are allowed a different opinion suggests I have have an issue with that- which I don't. Again if you actually look at the discord between myself and others after the Forest game you will see that.

You are welcome to have a different opinion to me, me saying I can't be bothered to debate it isn't me trying to deny you of it. 

But despite each of those times where you have twisted my posts you want to claim you aren't being deceitful? You're having a ******* laugh.

Jesus Christ - give it a rest.

Every bloody game, whenever you don't agree, you argue with everyone over and over and over again about the same thing.

It's getting tedious.

I actually felt that Lee's teem selection for this game was spot on. A bit surprised that it didn't work out tbh.

We gave away 2 goals, two were offside and the ref was a homer.  That's life unfortunately.

Loosing Cal to injury didn't help our cause and giving away their 3rd just when we we're looking like we have got back into the game didn't help either.

We must and will learn from this experience and will go again on Saturday.

On the bright side, we are 7th and still in contention with a lot of games to go, a few players to come back from injury, a transfer window in January, and eddy Nketia possibly availailable too.

WBA are a class outfit with a stronger squad and parachute payments. It was always going to be difficult to compete with them.

5 hours ago, pillred said:

It sounds an overreaction but there will come a time where if we carry on like this the gun will have to be fired how close to that we are comes down to how much patience Steve Lansdown has would say we are a little way from that but personally not a happy bunny despite our fairly lofty position. 

I've been LJs biggest fan over the years, I could always see what he was trying to do, but at the moment I am really struggling to see what he is trying to do. Cotts lost his job here because he wouldnt switch from 3atb, if LJ refuses to switch from it then he may suffer the same fate. 

Archived