IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

My favourite from last season was Hargeaves spunking off prematurely when they beat Pompey and Charlton ("whisper it quietly gasheads, something special is happening") then very shortly afterwards losing at home to Fleetwood and Burton in consecutive games.

Shortly followed by 7 games without a goal.

• Like 4
  • Haha 12
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

My favourite from last season was Hargeaves spunking off prematurely when they beat Pompey and Charlton ("whisper it quietly gasheads, something special is happening") then very shortly afterwards losing at home to Fleetwood and Burton in consecutive games.

Shortly followed by 7 games without a goal.

Oh come on, that's pretty special, just not quite what he meant.... :)

• Haha 2

I had a look at their "Wishlist" thread last night and I am amazed at their apparent knowledge of young players in World football, either that or they have spend a lot of time on football manager.

They clearly think that they are one of the great draws in football.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I had a look at their "Wishlist" thread last night and I am amazed at their apparent knowledge of young players in World football, either that or they have spend a lot of time on football manager.

Given their recent goal scoring exploits maybe 0:0 draws should be a more realistic way of thinking for them.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

And getting a work visa for this kids won't be a problem as they are the world's second favourite team and da mighty wovers.

#Gaslogic

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

With multiple cases on the go and him continuing to use a KC which must be costing him a grand or two an hour, It's no wonder he's trying to crowdfund a few quid.

He'll be flogging one of his houses soon.

On 15/05/2024 at 06:04, Port Said Red said:

Pirate has a very hit or miss record but can't fault his knowledge of the lower leagues or even foreign leagues.

Josh Stokes was a name on his list as was Ben Krauhaus who has moved to Brentford.

But if you throw a bunch of names at the wall and some will stick.

8 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

Pirate has a very hit or miss record but can't fault his knowledge of the lower leagues or even foreign leagues.

Josh Stokes was a name on his list as was Ben Krauhaus who has moved to Brentford.

But if you throw a bunch of names at the wall and some will stick.

I must admit that the names being mentioned seemed to be very scatter gun with no real focus on positions, but then I realised that with the "squad" they currently have, they need players in pretty much every position.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Are they crying over there about JCH joining a bigger club? 

You mean a rival bigger club with a modern all seater stadium and with promotion credentials, surely not.

20 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Are they crying over there about JCH joining a bigger club? 

They have split into two camps (surprise surprise) the ones who think they have missed out on a guaranteed 20 goals a season, and those who are pretending they never wanted him in the first place as he's too old and slow. Doesn't seem to stop Chris Martin at that level. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Swede said:

You mean a rival bigger club with a modern all seater stadium and with promotion credentials, surely not.

Weren't we told he was desperate to come back to the Gas? He's obviously seen the light.

I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

• Haha 2

IMG_3319.thumb.jpeg.900670030191eec8619a8cb83e3146f8.jpegI spotted this comment on the south glos RTC facebook page . The question is what are they better at because it can’t be football or stadium related? I suppose horse punching and mini bus nutting could be possibilities? 

Edited by mattjb

6 hours ago, mattjb said:

IMG_3319.thumb.jpeg.900670030191eec8619a8cb83e3146f8.jpegI spotted this comment on the south glos RTC facebook page . The question is what are they better at because it can’t be football or stadium related? I suppose horse punching and mini bus nutting could be possibilities? 

Don't worry, the turnip who wrote that will have plenty of time to try to think of one reason (any reason) whilst stuck to a window pane.

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, chinapig said:

Weren't we told he was desperate to come back to the Gas?

That’s what they were telling each other, obviously it wasn’t based on any actual evidence just the usual deluded, over inflated opinion they have of themselves  and their funny little club.

No doubt the same numptys who can’t fathom why Matty Taylor would want to sign for City and play in the Championship when he could’ve stayed put and become a ‘Gas legend’ 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That’s what they were telling each other, obviously it wasn’t based on any actual evidence just the usual deluded, over inflated opinion they have of themselves  and their funny little club.

No doubt the same numptys who can’t fathom why Matty Taylor would want to sign for City and play in the Championship when he could’ve stayed put and become a ‘Gas legend’ 🤣

This will doubtless be followed up with 'he was old, and the million quid will be better spent elsewhere'.

And some of them will actually believe there was a million quid to spend.

• Haha 3

I see Football League World for some inexplicable reason are saying they ought to sign Shayne Lavery from Blackpool. Why on earth would a player like him even consider signing for the pikeys and even if he did fancy it Blackpool would want actual cash money for him which makes any deal dead in the water before it`s even been done.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I see Football League World for some inexplicable reason are saying they ought to sign Shayne Lavery from Blackpool. Why on earth would a player like him even consider signing for the pikeys and even if he did fancy it Blackpool would want actual cash money for him which makes any deal dead in the water before it`s even been done.

They haven’t got a pot to piss in ‘ they’ll still be telling everyone they got the best squad they’ve ever had come the start of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He could go from playing near donkeys to actually playing with donkeys.....

• Haha 7