IGNORED

Blackpool away match thread

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Anyone blaming Zak for the equaliser either wasn’t watching the same game as me or wasn’t watching the game at all.  The goal was caused by a slack pass that put the Blackpool player in.  Vyner didn’t stand a chance, except to haul him down and get a red card.  I thought it was Naismith who passed, but the commentator said something about King.  Certainly NOT Vyner’s fault.

It was played behind Zac with poor communication from the passer. Nothing he could do.

• Like 4
Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

yes just imagine the abuse he'd get if he did. 

Absolute zero if we would win the game. Lets not gloss over the fact it was an absolute shit show at the back of that defence all game long…..the one constant in that back line over the past 3 years has been Vyner & its never improved.

1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

Absolute zero if we would win the game. Lets not gloss over the fact it was an absolute shit show at the back of that defence all game long…..the one constant in that back line over the past 3 years has been Vyner & its never improved.

Sorry mate, but you’re talking garbage.  To blame Vyner for not pulling the player down, while not even mentioning the villain of the piece, is utterly absurd.  

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, spudski said:

FFS...Kings had a nightmare. What the hell was he thinking. Bad pass and didn't even attempt to hook off line. We would have sat 2nd in league without his massive errors.

King seems like a waste of a wage at the moment. What does he bring? Normally injured, not great going forward nor at the back. 

Weird signing in the first place tbf. Smacks of nepotism

Edited by Bas's perfect hattrick
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

what about the resulting free kick? And if they'd scored from that?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Fair balanced Andy. Are you ill? ? 

We just seem to be playing with a bit more of an identity these days, and there are signs of improvement what is all I’ve ever wanted to see 

Our game management still concerns me. I get Luton and Cardiff was a job well done, but that third goal today shows we still haven’t learnt from past mistakes 

Roll on Wednesday. Will be a tough game 

• Robin 2
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

That was a thoroughly entertaining game of football.

A point away from home is always good even if we gifted them theirs. That will perhaps fire them up for the next match. 
Semenyo and Conway are frightening for me let alone opposition teams ! 
Well done to all.

:clap:

Well said. I'm pleased we have a team that can play exciting attacking football again. I would've taken a point pre-game. 

• Like 2
Just now, Selred said:

Undefeated in 6. Joint top scorers in the league. Yes frustrating to throw the lead away, but lots to be positive about. Huddersfield mid week, let’s get a result against them and continue progressing.

Agreed on the positives...one of the better away performances of recent times. Much to praise. When we play our game we look very good, Conway and Semenyo scored cracking goals. Hope rekindled...currently eyeing up travel to a few away fixtures! Cut out the unforced errors and this could be a very good season.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

The pass wasn't great at all, I'm certainly not denying that. Multiple mistakes in the build up. 

But how many times does Vyner get exposed. Outmuscled, and should have brought the attacker down outside the box. 

I can never understand this, why should Vyner have to be sent off to save someone else?

Just now, Super said:

I want my CB to defend firstly. Especially when holding a narrow lead.

Naismith is a quality player but I have been uncomfortable with him as last man and central defender .for me it would be far better sitting him in front of back 3 and put klose in middle,  naismith has cost at least 2 goals so far being too casual.also not quick enough if a ball is lifted over him.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry mate, but you’re talking garbage.  To blame Vyner for not pulling the player down, while not even mentioning the villain of the piece, is utterly absurd.  

“Not even mentioning the villain of the piece” - read my post again, because i did, so thats garbage mate.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Undefeated in 6. Joint top scorers in the league. Yes frustrating to throw the lead away, but lots to be positive about. Huddersfield mid week, let’s get a result against them and continue progressing.

This this and this. 

Goals were conceding are frustrating, but it’s far, far harder to score than it is to not concede. The amount we score/chances we create is incredible, and that’s without Semenyo starting games yet. 

I’m not scapegoating Naismith, but how many times has he either put us in trouble or got away with it by the skin of his teeth so far?  He’s clearly a very good footballer and does some exceptional things but he has taken some outrageous risks at the back and, as I said after one of the last two home games, he needs to cut out the costly mistakes.

• Like 2