IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

Last 4 league games we have against Swansea, Sheff Utd, Boro and today conceded 1-1-1-0. Got a reaction today and deserved to win.

Suddenly the issue is scoring goals. Created enough in most of those matches to pick up more than 3 points. Not actually looking like a bottom three side and NP did get a reaction. Just need to score some goals is all.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

The overall result will be a big positive. 

I think we've controlled the game well and nullified Watford's attack. 

But we need to do more to turn these types of games into wins. That will be the difference at the end of the season. 

I don't think we've been a threat today. 

Conway just wide, Weimann header and two penalties.  You see what you want though 

• Like 2
Just now, And Its Smith said:

Conway just wide, Weimann header and two penalties.  You see what you want though 

Got to agree with this, we've been a threat.
Weimanns header would have been in the net most games but a great save denied him, two penalty shouts, one of which is always a penalty, you cannot raise your foot that high in this game, I just don't understand our curse with penalties and then as you said the Conway chance that was very unlucky and a hard finish to take with two big defenders closing down on him.

All in all the performance was great today, the lack of goals is frustrating but it does make me question Conway coming off for Semenyo, I would have taken Wells off if anyone as Conway looks more likely to get something from nothing.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Is anybody genuinely happy with this? 

All I'm seeing is two teams that are lacking any real quality. 

We may have had more possession, but I don't feel as though we have done much with it. 

Watford haven't turned up today. 

Why didn’t Watford turn up today and why didn’t Sheffield United turn up,are you for real or just not willing to give city any credit 

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

So two chances then...

If your happy with what you saw then great. 

My opinion is that we have to find a way to turn these matches into wins or we may be in trouble at the end of the season. 

Watford didn't turn up at all today. It was an opportunity we didn't take, as has been the story on a couple of occasions previously.

The draw can be seen as a positive, especially following on from some poor form.

I'd just like to see us throw the kitchen sink at teams to try and get the win.