IGNORED

Watford at home match thread

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

We should of had at least 2 or 3 but for bad finishes and a quality save,think you are being over critical for no reason here mate 

It's all about opinions, and that's the reason we are all on the forum. 

I don't want to look back at the end of the season and think of the missed opportunities to win games. 

Anyway, we take the point and move on. Plenty of football still to be played. 

Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

I don't want to look back at the end of the season and think of the missed opportunities to win games. 

Exactly and if we play like we have lately bar the Birmingham game we will be fine 

• Like 1

I was listening to Hornets TV commentary - very pro-Watford.   They noted how difficult Watford were finding it to cope with our shape - particularly the numbers in midfield.     Nige deserves a lot of credit for getting the tactics right today.   They didn't really threaten.   And Tommy would have taken that chance on another day.   Fair play to the lads.

• Like 4
Just now, Daniro said:

I was listening to Hornets TV commentary - very pro-Watford.   They noted how difficult Watford were finding it to cope with our shape - particularly the numbers in midfield.     Nige deserves a lot of credit for getting the tactics right today.   They didn't really threaten.   And Tommy would have taken that chance on another day.   Fair play to the lads.

Yes he deserves credit but this is a change we should have went with and stuck with earlier imo. 

I was very impressed with the defending of Davis. Anytime he got ball to feet we had 2-3 straight into him to take it off him or make him have to go backwards. Think that was a big reason why they couldn’t play through us. 

2 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I think the general thrust of what you say is right. If we had created a bit more, or been a bit more clinical, we win. We all share that frustration.

Equally, that was in part a function of how Watford set up. They wanted to keep it very tight and try and nick one.

Its a game when our forwards were on form we win. It’s also a game we very often lose with a sucker punch.

Very frustrating as well to only come out of the last four matches with three points. At the bottom is is very very tight,, three more points than we have and we look lower mid table, three less points and would looked doomed. Ten teams in a knife fight to avoid the bottom three and we are one of them. 

Not good for the nerves.

• Like 2
Just now, Robbored said:

How did we not win today? - we absolutely battered them just as we did Sheffield Utd. O’Leary never had a save to a make.

Every City player was excellent, Williams, Vyner, James, Wells and Pring in particular.

Sooo frustrating not to claim all three points……………:evil:

Battered them is a bit of an exaggeration… we were the better side for sure but not sure we really created an extraordinary amount of chances.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1
8 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Battered them is a bit of an exaggeration… we were the better side for sure but not sure we really created an extraordinary amount of chances.

How many saves did O’Leary make? Conway missed a one on one and their keeper made a brilliant save from Weimann. City dominated the entire game and deserved all three points.

25 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

This. If you stick two or three wins together you`re looking at the playoffs in this league. Six points cover the teams 11th to 22nd, it`s crazy.

6 points now is 13 points come seasons end which I can imagine is a very normal or in fact abnormally large gap between 11th and 22nd

We would need something like 50 points from 25 games to make the play offs so 3 wins in a row wouldn't do it either as we would still need 41 from 22 or something

• Like 1

Much better performance today. Midfield 3 ran the first half and stayed solid in the second.  Weimann was excellent at right wing back, his best game for a while.  Vyner and Pring outstanding at the back, much prefer Pring there with his pace and eye for a good pass forward. Conway and Wells put a shift in up front, just not quite on the same wavelength today.  Even Semenyo looked like he was up for it and gave their defenders some problems when he came on. 

Would love to see a replay of the first half penalty shout, looked pretty strong to me, but to be fair it was just too far away to know for sure. 

Good to go in to the World Cup break on a positive, and with a clean sheet against what is a strong Watford frontline. A performance to build on when the league resumes. 

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Jesus wept

Another couple of know it all whiners on RB again Nigel Whittle and Paul Binning

What is it with our fans who love the sound of their own voice , and think we do too

To be fair one was worse than the other .. I thought Geoff corrected one of them a couple of times which made me laugh.. 

the comments about right backs was funny as in we’ve got loads yet we don’t play any - as Geoff said - one is suspended and one is injured .. 

• Like 1