"If he just kept it simple"

"His 'clubs in the bag' approach"

"The Wolves game"

"Nige is still clearing up his mess"

"Never liked him as a player either"

Put me down for all off the above + he’s a charlatan 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think it’s that unusual to go and listen to a bloke who has form for coming up with some classic lines, and thinking he might come up with some more.

So he hates him but also finds him mildly amusing? 
Mmmm…dunno about that. The fact his initial comment having watched the interview was about hair dye tells you that Fordy is pure hate, and not looking for light entertainment. 

I find it rather odd behaviour. There’s loads of Hibs and Sunderland fans on Twitter making comments about the interview. It’s amazing - they hate the guy so much that they sit through a 10 minute interview and feel the desire to make comment. 

There are lots of people that I really do not like. I don’t go seeking out their latest media appearance. What a waste of my time that would be. If I don’t like them I don’t wanna hear from them. Often to the point where if see someone come on tv who I don’t like I’ll switch over. I thinks it’s odd behaviour that people with a clear dislike of LJ, like Fordy, go seeking LJ at every opportunity. The bloke needs to let it go. 

Just now, Harry said:

Mmmm…dunno about that. The fact his initial comment having watched the interview was about hair dye tells you that Fordy is pure hate, and not looking for light entertainment. 

I find it rather odd behaviour. There’s loads of Hibs and Sunderland fans on Twitter making comments about the interview. It’s amazing - they hate the guy so much that they sit through a 10 minute interview and feel the desire to make comment. 

There are lots of people that I really do not like. I don’t go seeking out their latest media appearance. What a waste of my time that would be. If I don’t like them I don’t wanna hear from them. Often to the point where if see someone come on tv who I don’t like I’ll switch over. I thinks it’s odd behaviour that people with a clear dislike of LJ, like Fordy, go seeking LJ at every opportunity. The bloke needs to let it go. 

I’ll let @Fordy62 reply for himself.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

You just set them as your profile picture instead...?

Some classics from Lee already in his first Fleetwood media appearance.

"If you like"
"Getting down and dirty"
"It's a big picture piece"
"On the grass"
"Think as one brain as a club"
"Ethos" of the club
"Create those pathways"
"Form the playing philosophy and the terminology"
"I'm not the guru of all things"
"Part of adding value is to delegate well"

Even if LJ was a great coach...with his demeanor, would anyone run through brick wall for him?

Football needs great coaching...but it also needs good man management, respect, total belief in the system, and a fear of consequences of actions. 

And a will to run through brick walls. 

Seriously...if having a poor first half, would anyone respond positively if he spoke like he does in interviews, or actually went into a rant?

The former would get no response, the latter, you would laugh out loud. 

He might be a nice bloke, give fans a listening ear, as with Jamie Mac also, but how clouded a judgement if you base that, on them being a good manager/ coach at this level....just because they speak to you. 

People in the game, give time to folk on the perimeter, it doesn't make them impervious to negativity just because they gave them time. 

Seen it so many times in the past. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

Even if LJ was a great coach...with his demeanor, would anyone run through brick wall for him?

Football needs great coaching...but it also needs good man management, respect, total belief in the system, and a fear of consequences of actions. 

Seriously...if having a poor first half, would anyone respond positively if he spoke like he does in interviews, or actually went into a rant?

He might be a nice bloke, give fans a listening ear, as with Jamie Mac also, but how clouded a judgement if you base that, on them being a good manager/ coach at this level....just because they speak to you. 

People in the game, give time to folk on the perimeter, it doesn't make them impervious to negativity just because they gave them time. 

Can’t imagine you’ve been in a LJ dressing room. I know I haven’t. 

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

I kind of agree here - I think you'll get further in the game (or at least have more success in L2/L1/and much of the Championship) if you're someone who can build a great dressing room ethos but are limited tactically, compared to the other way around. Examples at City being Gary J and dare I say it... Cotterill.

At the very top level you obviously need to be top drawer at both, but to get shit done you have to have everyone on board wherever you are imo.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I think it’s amazing that you dislike someone so much that you would take the time out of your day to watch a 10 minute interview for his new club, his 3rd club since leaving here, 3 and a bit years since he left and then take further time out to screenshot it and post on a City forum about his hair. 

I can recommend a good shrink if you need one mate. There’s clearly an underlying issue that you need looking at. 

On the contrary, I think you can appreciate something when it no longer becomes your burden. His interviews are a thing for the ages and I think they probably always will be. They weren’t funny when we were on the receiving end. They are now. 

Plus, I suppose there’s a good degree of me being vindicated when I say I didn’t particularly rate him as a coach. Helps me to self heal from the LLLLLLLLL saga. 

Many people liken LJ to David Brent, but it’s similar to any awkward comedy I suppose, you could equally pick Mark Corrigan or Alan Partridge. He’s funny and blissfully unaware. 

• Like 2

Just now, Engvall’s Splinter said:

With all the self promoting bullshit, how does Jamie Mac put up with his character? Don’t get me wrong LJ is probably a good bloke at heart but also loves the noise of his own sound bites. All the cringeyness would do my swede in after a while. 

Jamie Mac is a 'yes man' imo. 

Oh ****!

Surely not? ?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Hold on, there’s nothing hate filled about me commenting on whether he’s been dying his hair. Nothing at all, it’s nothing I wouldn’t say to my best mate if I thought they’d been at it. It was merely an observation. Now if I’d said “desperate ***** has been dying his hair” I’d understand your criticism, but I assure you it’s not warranted here.

Basically all of this debate could've been avoided if Lansdown hadn't made a naive & ill-judged decision to appoint him. He was well aware he split the fans as a player & that was probably at least 60/40 against him, largely due to the nepotism factor. In fact, Gary was naive appointing his son as a player & someone above him shouldve intervened. A situation that could've and should've been avoided as both Gary & later Steve are opening themselves up for potential unecessary scrutiny.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAWS said:

Basically all of this debate could've been avoided if Lansdown hadn't made a naive & ill-judged decision to appoint him. He was well aware he split the fans as a player & that was probably at least 60/40 against him, largely due to the nepotism factor. In fact, Gary was naive appointing his son as a player & someone above him shouldve intervened. A situation that could've and should've been avoided as both Gary & later Steve are opening themselves up for potential unecessary scrutiny.

The only problem I have with your post is the word 'unecessary'.

1 minute ago, JAWS said:

In fact i believe it was ultimately Gary's undoing as was a major part in the dressing room unrest & cliques forming

• Flames 1

29 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Despite his faults he signed some decent players Adam Matthews, Nathan Baker and Josh Brownhill and convinced Tammy to come to the club. Wish him well with Fleetwood particularly on the 18th November 

The first name you come up with is Adam Matthews?

• Haha 1