IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

No way have we got that still left to spend unless Scott leaves.

We’ve already shelled out somewhere between £1.7m & £2.5m in this window & haven’t got a penny back in since January.

Agreed, I'm just thinking that'll be Derby's asking price.

What that means for our chances of getting him remains to be seen.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed, I'm just thinking that'll be Derby's asking price.

What that means for our chances of getting him remains to be seen.

Suppose once we know the compensation figure for HNM & also possibly sell Wilson that could change the picture?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Suppose once we know the compensation figure for HNM & also possibly sell Wilson that could change the picture?

It could.

I'm thinking we have £2-3m maybe to put in and keep us compliant with FFP. We'll see when the 2022-23 accounts out but bit may break down as.

£2m Knight- 4 year deal, used up £0.667m of that.

£12k per week wages, £0.624m of that.

£1.291m used up.

Leaving £0.709 to £1.709m to put baxk into the team before deparures.

We could add Wilson and Massengo to the pot as and when they arise.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well then, I suppose a key question is how far will, can we stretch too.

Seen a suggestion on Derby forum that he might command a wage of £20-25k per week from a relatively sensible poster. Would we stretch to that, could we especially if Scott stays.

He’s obviously not that sensible . 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seen a suggestion on Derby forum that he might command a wage of £20-25k per week from a relatively sensible poster. Would we stretch to that, could we especially if Scott stays.

Absolutely no way we would pay that sort of wage. We have spent the last 2 years bringing down the wage bill and the differential between players and aren't going to go backwards on that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No, not anymore and I doubt he's on anywhere near that.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s obviously not that sensible . 

Well by the standards of their forum maybe! ?

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Absolutely no way we would pay that sort of wage. We have spent the last 2 years bringing down the wage bill and the differential between players and aren't going to go backwards on that.

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

No, not anymore and I doubt he's on anywhere near that.

Agree with you all we wouldn't pay that. Perhaps they're stuck in the pre Covid transfer mindset but if those were his wishes then we can safely rule it out for now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

10 to 12k with performance related bonuses or he can nob off 

Won't be on anything near that. We wouldn't put another player on a 'Kalas' contract anymore. Especially with the heavy work in shifting multiple big earners already. Plus Nige has reiterated the need to balance out the wages on a few occasions. Guessing wages is somewhat pointless but I would imagine he's on 5k/8k a week currently with Derby. So maybe 8k/12k with us?

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No chance.

We wouldn’t have entertained with bids if this was the case…

10 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Won't be on anything near that. We wouldn't put another player on a 'Kalas' contract anymore. Especially with the heavy work in shifting multiple big earners already. Plus Nige has reiterated the need to balance out the wages on a few occasions. Guessing wages is somewhat pointless but I would imagine he's on 5k/8k a week currently with Derby. So maybe 8k/12k with us?

He came through during  the Mel Morris era so I'd be surprised if it's quite so low, at their peak they had a wage bill of £46m on a £30m turnover!! ? They didn't release accounts for several years after that so it's hard to say.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A sensible poster on the Derby forum. Do they not call that an Oxymoron. Almost the perfect word minus the Oxy over there. 

Or Perhaps I’m just over sensitive to being banned! :laugh:! 

Just now, REDOXO said:

A sensible poster on the Derby forum. Do they not call that an Oxymoron. Almost the perfect word minus the Oxy over there. 

Or Perhaps I’m just over sensitive to being banned! :laugh:! 

Me and @Hxj were banned before we could even post! :laugh: However yeah I did think the poster formerly known as Unlucky Alf was relatively sensible on some points.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Me and @Hxj were banned before we could even post! :laugh: However yeah I did think the poster formerly known as Unlucky Alf was relatively sensible on some points.

I posted for ages. Never in a bad way, but said a few things that no one wanted to hear. 

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No way have we got that still left to spend unless Scott leaves.

We’ve already shelled out somewhere between £1.7m & £2.5m in this window & haven’t got a penny back in since January.

Just to point out that assuming we’ve paid £0.7m and £1.2m for Dickie and McCrorie respectively then over 3 year contracts each, and £0.3m and £1.0m for Cornick and Mehmeti over 3.5 years, our outlay from the Semenyo money (if that is indeed the pot) is only only £1m (amortisation) this season…plus their wages, let’s say average £10k p.w. Each.  That’s another £2m…£3m in total.

I think there’s room for Knight, because his fee will be spread over 3 or 4 years.

1 hour ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

In other words warne is saying 'please come back in with a 3rd bid' to us. He clearly wants to leave so it's just a matter of agreeing a fee.

See reply to Pete below.

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well, that person isn’t as sensible as he makes out! ???

If we sign him it’ll be in the region of half of that, is my guess.

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Feel even more confident that this is going to be done after reading Warne’s comments 

Reads like he’s saying, we know you’re close, we know you’re gonna get him, can you hurry up and do the deal so I can move on with my plans for Derby this summer.

I might be wildly off the mark, but sounds like this is gonna happen.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jose said:

I’d imagine we know roughly what it would require wages wise if we are going in with numerous bids?!

We would of been in contact with the players representatives before officially bidding,

That seems the norm These days and is what has happened with rice and scott

38 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Why isn't he going to Stoke?

I think that’s where he’ll end up, unfortunately. Feels like he’s waiting for Stoke before he does start knocking on the managers door, pushing to move. 

All the talk on him being on big wages or a bigger wage than say a Naismith/Dickie/Weimann is on….not a chance. 

Players earn their big wage jumps by making moves. He’s been at derby his whole career from academy up. Signed his latest deal, which will have been a jump Up from academy wage, as we were heading into lockdown. 

Would be amazed if he wouldn’t come in as maybe top middle tier maximum in the squad. No chance is he breaking the bank territory imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1