IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

After much reflection over the last 9 minutes, I don't think we should resign him.

Joe was very much an enthusiast of that Kinesiology tape that was popular with players for a couple of week a few years ago. This sort of mumbo-jumbo has no place in the modern game.

If we let these clowns get away with this sort of carry-on and don't stamp down hard on it, before too long, players will start to go vegan and stop eating processed food. How on earth is a junior reporter supposed to get a foot on the ladder of the journalistic world if they can't ask players questions such as 'What is your Nandos/McDonalds order?' and 'How many pints of ale do you normally drink the night before a game?'.

#ModernLifeIsRubbish

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

My favourite city player of the modern era, would want him back ASAP. Maybe we would see him deployed in a more LW role such as parts of 17-18 season? 

he was so useful in that role, pin point accuracy with crosses when he put his mind  to it and had the leap of a salmon ghosting in at the post.he wasnt a billy big bollox in those days, used to chat to me like we were equal sort of thing unlike some who think they are above talking to shoppers in tesco.

(off topic) its good having only the one large supermarket in nailsea,see a few interesting people in there. even judder me boy trumpy goes in for a sit down costa coffee.

5 hours ago, Bodiesaffer said:

This would be a good move for both,  if he’s willing to take a pay cut.  Him and Pring would make us rock solid and very dangerous on that left side.  Power, pace and intelligence. 

I think we will do well to keep hold of Pring this summer, he's been excellent and that won't have gone unnoticed.

I agree with the sentiment though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What's he on at Fulham? 30 grand a week? He is still 29 and got at least one decent contract left in him - i think he is out of reach financially. Footballers careers are short, and he will want to maximise his last decent contract.

Agreed, we would likely offer him about a quarter of that?

4 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Agreed, we would likely offer him about a quarter of that?

Maybe a third? Im not sure he will get a premier league move, though a newly promoted club could do worse, but surely he would have his pick of championship clubs? Im not sure that money would be the sole motivation though, which is why we might have a chance?

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Half probably. Proven Championship player like James, Naismith,  Weimann etc

I don’t see us offering 15k a week to a player with less than 5 league appearances this season. We have trodden that route too many times before. Although I would love to see Joey back if his wage demands were less.

Interesting post this. I would have him back. Wonder if we can offer potential coaching opportunities as an incentive, to nudge up his wages a bit and make his signature more viable to the accountants. Cam and Anis could learn a lot from our Joe. 

More likely if/when JD goes in summer.

“….against the gas he scores a goal, Joey, Joey Bryan!”

Edited by real_bristol
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 31/03/2023 at 09:05, TonyTonyTony said:

What's he on at Fulham? 30 grand a week? He is still 29 and got at least one decent contract left in him - i think he is out of reach financially. Footballers careers are short, and he will want to maximise his last decent contract.

Agree with this. He may like City and want to return to the West Country at some point but he's not stupid. And similarly we're no longer stupid; paying top dollar for players on the way down. Too much sentimentality involved here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1