IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Versatile is very useful in a small squad.

LB

LWB (if we go Back3)

LM / LW

CM

I think primarily he'll be brought in as King's replacement. Could be ideally suited in his relative latter years to where King has played these last few games. 

Main concern for me would be availability. 90 odd starts over the past 4/5 years isn't great. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think primarily he'll be brought in as King's replacement. Could be ideally suited in his relative latter years to where King has played these last few games. 

Main concern for me would be availability. 90 odd starts over the past 4/5 years isn't great. 

I don't think that's fitness related though is it? 

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

How could we afford his wages?

He must know our wage structure and be happy to fit within it, coming back to Bristol is probably worth the pay cut to him.

• Like 1

Just now, Port Said Red said:

I don't think that's fitness related though is it? 

He must know our wage structure and be happy to fit within it, coming back to Bristol is probably worth the pay cut to him.

Well i remember Bruce at Villa said Fulham blew them out of the water with wages when he went there initially. In my head hes on around 50k a week ?

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well i remember Bruce at Villa said Fulham blew them out of the water with wages when he went there initially. In my head hes on around 50k a week ?

And he's a smart kid and has probably invested that wisely. I doubt it's money that motivates him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

He will be on £0 in the summer when his contract runs out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

And he's a smart kid and has probably invested that wisely. I doubt it's money that motivates him.

Just now, Selred said:

He will be on £0 in the summer when his contract runs out

Well im excited if its true lets put it that way. Just not getting carried away yet....

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Same.

Was he unavailable much of the last 4/5 years though?

Edited by David Brent

If he comes wages won't be a problem as he will have to fit in with our wage structure. I don't see him as an automatic choice and he will have to compete for a place like everyone else. Many seem to think he's better than we've got but is he? He may have been but recently he not only been not playing in the Premier league but also not playing in Ligue 1 in France. No particular injuries reported so hes out of favour for reason. I trust Nige and his team but reserve judgement on whether his return is, a good move. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

If he comes wages won't be a problem as he will have to fit in with our wage structure. I don't see him as an automatic choice and he will have to compete for a place like everyone else. Many seem to think he's better than we've got but is he? He may have been but recently he not only been not playing in the Premier league but also not playing in Ligue 1 in France. No particular injuries reported so hes out of favour for reason. I trust Nige and his team but reserve judgement on whether his return is, a good move. 

I think he’d improve our squad first of all, give us more depth, etc.  I think he is a cracking player who would help (as part of a collective) make us better.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Those two "bruise" injuries at the top seem to be at the same time?

Left eye and right eye ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It’ll be a good move whatever. Definite upgrade on JD. His final ball was good and has a goal in him. Good engine. It improves the quality of the squad aswell

• Like 3

I love Bryan, good bloke, good player but I don't understand it unless he's going to take such a pay cut and is willing to be back up for Pring as I'd say Pring is probably the best player we have put of the youth set up bar, of course, Scott.

Id hate to see Pring go out become second fiddle to Bryan so I'm not sure how I feel about this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I love Bryan, good bloke, good player but I don't understand it unless he's going to take such a pay cut and is willing to be back up for Pring as I'd say Pring is probably the best player we have put of the youth set up bar, of course, Scott.

Id hate to see Pring go out become second fiddle to Bryan so I'm not sure how I feel about this. 

On a purely conceptual point….if the first team left back (whoever it is) is keeping Cam Pring out if the team, it’s got to be a good thing for the strength of the team.

There are other questions it raises without doubt.  My gut feel is he’s coming in to play other positions (plural).

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

On a purely conceptual point….if the first team left back (whoever it is) is keeping Cam Pring out if the team, it’s got to be a good thing for the strength of the team.

There are other questions it raises without doubt.  My gut feel is he’s coming in to play other positions (plural).

Pure defending was never his strong point,him and Pring down the left is an exciting thought.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My gut feel is he’s coming in to play other positions

Likewise. Nige does like a bit of versatility.

Worth noting he's said previously we play the formation, style to make best of the players available to him.

He'd be comfortable in a midfield 3 or 4. Does NP expand on the current setup or tweak it with the relevant signings?

JB left midfield with Pring behind putting balls into the box for Conway/Cornick/Wells sounds good to me.

We seem to get these discussions every time we sign a player in a position where we appear to be strong, "it's this player or that player", but the modern game is not an either or game any more. 

Whether it's about resting players and still being strong in the midweek and weekend games, or whether it's bringing on 5 subs at 60 minutes and still being strong or even stronger, it's about the squad, not the 11 that start. 

Bryan in doesn't mean Pring out necessarily, it's about support and strength in depth.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Pring and Bryan on the left, overlapping and covering for each other when the other is upfield, would not be too shabby at all. Could you possibly have Wilson and Tanner doing the same thing on the other side? 

It's a nice rumour, but let's see if anything materialises shall we before we all get too carried away.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Likewise. Nige does like a bit of versatility.

Worth noting he's said previously we play the formation, style to make best of the players available to him.

He'd be comfortable in a midfield 3 or 4. Does NP expand on the current setup or tweak it with the relevant signings?

JB left midfield with Pring behind putting balls into the box for Conway/Cornick/Wells sounds good to me.

Gives Nige so much flexibility if he gets a player like Joe.

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We seem to get these discussions every time we sign a player in a position where we appear to be strong, "it's this player or that player", but the modern game is not an either or game any more. 

Whether it's about resting players and still being strong in the midweek and weekend games, or whether it's bringing on 5 subs at 60 minutes and still being strong or even stronger, it's about the squad, not the 11 that start. 

Bryan in doesn't mean Pring out necessarily, it's about support and strength in depth.

Thank you…it’s a squad game isn’t it?

• Like 1