IGNORED

Supporters Club & Trust meeting - September 2023

shahanshahan

Posted on behalf of the Supporters Club & Trust board

The Supporters Club & Trust board are pleased to announce that the next meeting will be taking place on Wednesday 6th September 2023, from 7pm to 9pm.

The agenda is being finalised, but if you would like anything to be discussed as AOB (any other business), please email us at info@bristolcitysupporters.org

If you would like to attend the meeting, please email us at the address above, and you will be sent an invite to the meeting. Our meetings are open to all.

For those not aware, our meetings are now held online over Zoom, so please make sure you have this installed on your computer or other device.

The meeting starts at 7pm & will be finished by 9pm at the latest.

Next-Board-Meeting-(1).jpg

4 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Posted on behalf of the Supporters Club & Trust board

The Supporters Club & Trust board are pleased to announce that the next meeting will be taking place on Wednesday 6th September 2023, from 7pm to 9pm.

The agenda is being finalised, but if you would like anything to be discussed as AOB (any other business), please email us at info@bristolcitysupporters.org

If you would like to attend the meeting, please email us at the address above, and you will be sent an invite to the meeting. Our meetings are open to all.

For those not aware, our meetings are now held online over Zoom, so please make sure you have this installed on your computer or other device.

The meeting starts at 7pm & will be finished by 9pm at the latest.

Next-Board-Meeting-(1).jpg

Can you ask if anyone from the board are going to speak to the fans? Either via media interviews or fans forum. I’d like to hear about the shambles with the new kits, the new badge and why they are screwing up our manager with playing budgets. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Can you ask if anyone from the board are going to speak to the fans? Either via media interviews or fans forum. I’d like to hear about the shambles with the new kits, the new badge and why they are screwing up our manager with playing budgets. 

Think it said email your questions.

• Like 1

Without knowing who from the club has accepted the meeting, it is isn't clear what sort of questions would be appropriate.

CEO attends, questions about how the budget hasn't been adjusted following the Scott sale.

Retail Manager - kit availability.

Just two examples of what might be appropriate questions to ask. Also, without knowing what is on the agenda people might not submit questions as their point might already be covered.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Without knowing who from the club has accepted the meeting, it is isn't clear what sort of questions would be appropriate.

CEO attends, questions about how the budget hasn't been adjusted following the Scott sale.

Retail Manager - kit availability.

Just two examples of what might be appropriate questions to ask. Also, without knowing what is on the agenda people might not submit questions as their point might already be covered.

For info, this meeting is solely the SC&T. 

The only regular attendees are Jerry Tocknell and the A&S liaison officer (his name has completely escaped me this morning)

There is a meeting that myself and two others are holding with Phil Alexander and Dave Barton the week after - but as above the ideal scenario is to email questions rather than raise on here

For info though during the past month;

@Steve Watts asked about a sub forum for SC&T members to raise questions

@Abingdon Red asked about the additional booking fees

@daored asked about reciprocal pricing with Leeds

@myol'man Why is the Lansdown Stand being used for WSL games

Where applicable I will raise at the SC&T meeting, otherwise I will raise on the other meeting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, Henry said:

Well I’ve replied to their post on here. If they want to ignore feedback on the biggest social media platform (which they pay for), more fool them. 

This forum isn't a voice for the SC&T, you've got two options basically 

Email as advised 

Attend the meeting as invited 

If you choose not do either there's no point complaining about it on here 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

This forum isn't a voice for the SC&T, you've got two options basically 

Email as advised 

Attend the meeting as invited 

If you choose not do either there's no point complaining about it on here 

Fair enough, carry on discussing the big issues like what stand is open for the women’s games. Keep us posted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Admin
38 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Why does it have to be e mail? Genuine question

This forum is ran by them, by that token is it not a legitimate way to raise topics?

The SCAT is quicklly becoming another supporters club drinking club

This site is not "run" by the SC&T, they pay for the hosting of the site

Of SC&T board members (I'm about to be co-opted on at this weeks meeting) there's only myself and @Dollymarie on here

How is it a drinking club?

Pretty insulting to those who voluntarily put in lots of time and effort for the benefit of all supporters 

The reason for the email is that you can be replied to directly 

There was a mention about having a subsection for SC&T members to raise questions (I guess similar to the SLO section??), as mentioned before I'm happy to take questions asked on here to the meetings, but at the moment that's the only alternative 

Joking aside I will raise about having somewhere on OTIB to ask questions and let you know

14 hours ago, Henry said:

Fair enough, carry on discussing the big issues like what stand is open for the women’s games. Keep us posted.

But just because you don't see it as a valid question, doesn't mean it isn't to the person who is interested in it, who are we to say what is a relevant question or not? 

For all your criticism of the SC&T have you actually got a question? 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Of SC&T board members (I'm about to be co-opted on at this weeks meeting) there's only myself and @Dollymarie on here

Pretty insulting to those who voluntarily put in lots of time and effort for the benefit of all supporters 

There was a mention about having a subsection for SC&T members to raise questions (I guess similar to the SLO section??), as mentioned before I'm happy to take questions asked on here to the meetings, but at the moment that's the only alternative 

Joking aside I will raise about having somewhere on OTIB to ask questions and let you know

But just because you don't see it as a valid question, doesn't mean it isn't to the person who is interested in it, who are we to say what is a relevant question or not? 

Thank you for your response, no insults were intended,

I think my (I won't speak for others) main gripe is I don't see any supporters benefits that you talk about, that's not to say there aren't any, may e not published enough?

I'll go back to a question I asked months and months ago that I believe was deferred, now the sporting quarter has planning permission can a memorial garden for lost supporters be planned for?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phantom said:

If you’re happy to do it, then why have you and another bored member just dismissed my questions?

I do have questions, they are in the first reply on this thread.

• Haha 1

Hi @phantom, thank you for raising ticket prices.

Below are the ticket prices Leeds are charging Watford , which to be fair is very reasonable and I guess shows what can be agreed. 

he club has agreed reciprocal pricing with Leeds United, meaning adult ticket prices for those following the Hornets to Elland Road are just £20, with adult concessions at £10.

We have also arranged with Leeds United that tickets for all those aged 18 & under will be only £5, so this match has been selected as another Junior Hornets Away Day. Please see below for more information.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, daored said:

Hi @phantom, thank you for raising ticket prices.

Below are the ticket prices Leeds are charging Watford , which to be fair is very reasonable and I guess shows what can be agreed. 

he club has agreed reciprocal pricing with Leeds United, meaning adult ticket prices for those following the Hornets to Elland Road are just £20, with adult concessions at £10.

We have also arranged with Leeds United that tickets for all those aged 18 & under will be only £5, so this match has been selected as another Junior Hornets Away Day. Please see below for more information.

You may be confusing BCFC with a club who gives a flying **** for its supporters

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 02/09/2023 at 12:46, Henry said:

If you’re happy to do it, then why have you and another bored member just dismissed my questions?

I do have questions, they are in the first reply on this thread.

There is only one question on your original reply, and I think it's been answered in that nobody from the board will be at this meeting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

There is only one question on your original reply, and I think it's been answered in that nobody from the board will be at this meeting.

If you look at the questions @phantom hasn’t quoted, they aren’t questions to the trust, they are questions for the trust to discuss and get answers from the club. I don’t see my questions as being any different.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Henry said:

If you look at the questions @phantom hasn’t quoted, they aren’t questions to the trust, they are questions for the trust to discuss and get answers from the club. I don’t see my questions as being any different.

Hi @Henry 

On 31/08/2023 at 21:09, Henry said:

I agree that it didn't answer the above specifically, but I guess the interview on Radio Bristol is all we are going to get for a while from the club

But can enquire about fans forums and where the new kit is

Interesting to see the Bears have just announced a stage in the South Stand for club officials to do Q&A's - I will be addressing this next week

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hi @Henry 

I agree that it didn't answer the above specifically, but I guess the interview on Radio Bristol is all we are going to get for a while from the club

But can enquire about fans forums and where the new kit is

Interesting to see the Bears have just announced a stage in the South Stand for club officials to do Q&A's - I will be addressing this next week

Thanks, I don’t why that took 5 days to understand.

Yes, plenty of changes accepted over the years. Most of what we have done has been proactive though like commissioning statues, Hall of Fame, end of season awards, running a bar etc. 

We've influenced things like ticket sales and fees, stadium design, more recently reversing decisions on disabled parking fees and things like that. We probably will never know the extent of our influence, but as long as change happens, that works for us. A big initiative currently is to help get our football club in a good place to respond to the recommendations coming out of the fan led review.

The thing we have always been bemused by is why the football club doesn't consult fans and ask for their opinion in advance of things like kit design. We wouldn't have that third kit now if they had!

Cheers

Stu

• Like 3
  • Robin 1