IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

25 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm as pissed of with the ownership as many of us are. The governance is cack, the communication is cack, the off field stuff is a mees.

But. Look at Pearson's history as well. It's not exactly unusual for Pearson to end up falling out with the owners of the club he manages at.

He often ends up leaving due to falling out with owners. Leicester and Mandaric, Leicester again with the thing with his son, Derby and Morris, he's got a track record. That doesn't mean he's the problem, but it means it's not exactly a surprise that there's an issue.

I'd suggest the names Mandaric and Morris tell their own story.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, One Team said:

That’s a “back me or sack me” statement alright. A dig at Radio Bristol too and getting an interview with SL and asking him the questions; or indeed SL and him speaking publicly. 

Worries me that the relationship between Nige and the hierarchy has broken down otherwise why would Nige go public when we, as a club, keep this stuff behind closed doors.

Madness to let Nige walk, absolute madness. 😠 

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, RobImps said:

Been a long term reader on here without ever signing up or commenting.

However...

This was worth the signing up and getting involved.

Surely about time we on the terraces were physically heard with our support for big Nige? Doesn't have to be original or witty... But a loud, repetitive chorus of support week in/out is hard to be ignored.

Think he's done a really solid job without the slightest bit of public support from SL or the board ( a question which should be asked to those in charge... If ever there available and public!)

Welcome to the forum Mrs Pearson 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Worries me that the relationship between Nige and the hierarchy has broken down otherwise why would Nige go public when we, as a club, keep this stuff behind closed doors.

Madness to let Nige walk, absolute madness. 😠 

I just wonder if this started based on the way that Scott got sold, if I recall the news that he could go and speak to Bournemouth broke on the night of a midweek game where NP seemed not to be aware that the deal had been agreed.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

I'm sorry Steve, but whilst I really appreciate everything you've done for this club, it is now time to leave. 

You are a custodian of the club, us fans are the true owners. The fans have made their feelings very clear about Pearson and yet you continue to fail to extend his contract and despite the significant cost savings and profit he has made, failed to give him a decent budget. 

Without Pearson we'd be a league one club, probably breaching ffp. As it is we are 1 point off the play offs with a 20 odd million nest egg.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

I've tried to remain neutral on this SL wants Nigel out the club subject for a while now.. but there is without doubt terrible treatment dished out from someone in the hierarchy above him. It's insane to treat him in this way. He's galvanised this team with one arm tied behind his back, selling key players and cutting the wage bill substantially. Whilst at the same time built a brilliant culture within the club and made steady progress year on year.

We really need to show our support for Nige, he's a huge asset to us.

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Been saying this for ages but nothing ever happens. I don’t think we appreciate Nige enough…

Yet we were singing ‘Johnson bounce around’ to the biggest fraud in football.

I sit in W13 in the Lansdown and will also probably be quite grumpy by 8pm on Weds so if someone else can do all the work to make it happen that'd be smashing tbh

I thought something was up driving home waiting for Pearson's after match interview on radio bristol and then I see this thread soon as I get in now I'm totally p***ed off.Was only saying during the game about Pearson's contract and how it needs sorting out, It can't do the players any good not knowing who's boss next season.

Least our owner has in name on the stand!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What a time to be taking a break from posting!

(I didn’t post this, scroll on by)

Almost started a thread this morning about you.

hope all is well.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What a time to be taking a break from posting!

(I didn’t post this, scroll on by)

Almost started a thread this morning about you.

hope all is well.

• Robin 1

• Admin

I’ve always been mostly supportive of SL, well, not some of his appointments, but a few years back he seemed genuinely interested in the club, I wonder if it feels more like a burden than a pleasure now, if so maybe it’s time to move on, but I hope if he does sell up, due diligence and a proper fit and proper person check is completed, so we don’t end up with some asset stripping charlatan.

FBC Podcast Live Stream Recording at 9.00 AM Sunday

Support for Pearson is growing within the fanbase but would sentiment have been different had we lost convincingly which on another day we could have done.

With a quarter of the season gone we're well and truly in the play off mix but then at least another 12 clubs would say the same with Leicester & Ipswich already building daylight between themselves and the chasing pack.

DaveP, Ian Gay, Neil Sutton & Mark Tovey will assess the impact of Nige's post match comments

This is a link to the live stream 👇👇👇

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nellie said:

The most Bristol City thing to do look like we are doing something actually very slowly on a very tight budget to build a team that fights and will give us a chance of pushing for the playoffs and then press the reset button  

And not just building a team, but doing so with lots of youth - something Lansdown has been banging on about for years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

FBC Podcast Live Stream Recording at 9.00 AM Sunday

Support for Pearson is growing within the fanbase but would sentiment have been different had we lost convincingly which on another day we could have done.

With a quarter of the season gone we're well and truly in the play off mix but then at least another 12 clubs would say the same with Leicester & Ipswich already building daylight between themselves and the chasing pack.

DaveP, Ian Gay, Neil Sutton & Mark Tovey will assess the impact of Nige's post match comments

This is a link to the live stream 👇👇👇

Certainly worth you covering this thread mate will be a great listen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nellie said:

The most Bristol City thing to do look like we are doing something actually very slowly on a very tight budget to build a team that fights and will give us a chance of pushing for the playoffs and then press the reset button  

Don't you mean self destruct button?

11 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Not sure that even comes into the conversation as we didn't lose convincingly. 

We beat last seasons beaten play off finalists with a huge amount of grit and determination whilst lacking in numbers and whilst not at our best, that should be the focus.

We've lost games where we should have convincingly won. It's rare for us to get points out of games when we don't deserve them. I think we should focus on that positive because the likelihood is that we will not be at out best every week.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 11

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not sure that even comes into the conversation as we didn't lose convincingly. 

We beat last seasons beaten play off finalists with a huge amount of grit and determination whilst lacking in numbers and whilst not at our best, that should be the focus.

Coupled with the fact that Coventry are a side who sold their Crown Jewels, however Robins was actually allowed to spend what he brought in. Spent the best part of £12m in the summer.  Yet mustered one shot on target against our papered up side. 

13 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I’ve always been mostly supportive of SL, well, not some of his appointments, but a few years back he seemed genuinely interested in the club, I wonder if it feels more like a burden than a pleasure now, if so maybe it’s time to move on, but I hope if he does sell up, due diligence and a proper fit and proper person check is completed, so we don’t end up with some asset stripping charlatan.

I don't think Steve ever recovered from the Ashton/Johnson era. That was his last big push and now he's quite clearly not into it anymore 

• Like 4