IGNORED

Ipswich Town home match thread

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Injuries for us are again a big concern but we'll have to make do. Think I've made it pretty clear in other posts that I feel this and Saturday are huge games for Nige.

Simply cannot afford to lose games at the moment. 

Ipswich are on the crest of a wave, as are Cardiff, to a lesser extent, after a 4-0 away win last night.

Both teams have bigger squads, fewer injuries, and will be more rested when they face City.

We'll need to battle as against Coventry to get much tonight. I've every faith these players, under Nige, will give absolutely everything, but it may not be enough to avoid defeat.

Pick up a couple more injuries tonight (who'd bet against it?) and we go to Cardiff under the threat of the sort of tanking SL would feel gave him every excuse.

While delighted with the manner of the Coventry win, if NP's future depends on immediate results, I can't be anything but pessimistic atm; however stoic Nige appears about the injury situation it's getting towards being insurmountable and we're 1 or 2 more unavailable in key positions from a potentially disastrous result however hard the patched team up are trying.

Fingers crossed tonight then for at least a point, and no more bloody injuries!

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 3

We are now one quarter of the way through the season. 🥴

After tonight & Saturday well have a better idea of where to expect City to finish this season. Two defeats = mid table obscurity. 2 or 3 points = hmm; upper mid table and two wins = we'll start dreaming of next season's fixtures.

Does anybody really think the presence of Mark Ashton is going to create some sort of Ipswich-City rivalry? I don't. Beyond OTIB I doubt many know or care. 

Can't decide whether I think Ipswich's game being cancelled at the weekend is a good thing or a bad thing for us. They'll be more rested, obviously. But god knows there's been so many times when we've looked slow to wake up after an international break. Wonder whether, if we have a fast start, Ipswich might be caught out after nearly 3 weeks of training? 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Does anybody really think the presence of Mark Ashton is going to create some sort of Ipswich-City rivalry? I don't. Beyond OTIB I doubt many know or care. 

Can't decide whether I think Ipswich's game being cancelled at the weekend is a good thing or a bad thing for us. They'll be more rested, obviously. But god knows there's been so many times when we've looked slow to wake up after an international break. Wonder whether, if we have a fast start, Ipswich might be caught out after nearly 3 weeks of training? 

I dont think they have played a competitive game for 18 days..

Edited by M.D
53 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I can't work out if it's a good or a bad thing either. 

You'd imagine that an 18 day rest does have the potential to cause a team to be rusty.

2 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Who’s Mark Ashton ?

• Robin 1

Can't remember the last time we were this big a price with the bookies to win a home league game! Are Ipswich really all that ? They've had a fantastic start but I fully expect their form to dip fairly soon....... hopefully starting tonight! Wouldn't be at all surprised if we turned them over like we did Plymouth. I reckon the manager, players and just as importantly the fans will be right up for it tonight. 

Let's make it a special evening and jump into those playoff places with a bang !!

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

They really are the cringiest fans around 😂I thought Ed Sheeran singing in the changing rooms or Ashton running along the line and fist-pumping was the worst thing I’ve ever seen, but they’ve outdone themselves again !

Really? It's just banter and humour. They know we hate him, and to be fair, since he's gone there they've progressed and on the crest of a wave. If it was the other way round, we would definitely have had fans doing the same

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

They really are the cringiest fans around 😂I thought Ed Sheeran singing in the changing rooms or Ashton running along the line and fist-pumping was the worst thing I’ve ever seen, but they’ve outdone themselves again !

A few of them certainly might find themselves "running towards adversity" if they wear those outside the ground this evening... or maybe running away from it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2