IGNORED

Ipswich Town home match thread

The issue with the shot at Max was it was low, fast and he'd already prepared to dive so couldn't put his foot out and couldn't get down low quick enough with his hand. It's unfortunate but it's still his mistake to own. 

Don't think it helps seeing our fans seem to enjoy mocking him though, bit stupid really when you consider we have no replacement to give him competition, why mock your keeper and knock his confidence further?

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Not great from O'Leary but realistically that's just down to piss poor defending.

Another one of those ones where we keep trying to pass out and it ends up coming back to bite us in the ass, decision making in those situations seem to cost us a fair bit, be better to put our foot through it and try to push up.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

The issue with the shot at Max was it was low, fast and he'd already prepared to dive so couldn't put his foot out and couldn't get down low quick enough with his hand. It's unfortunate but it's still his mistake to own. 

Don't think it helps seeing our fans seem to enjoy mocking him though, bit stupid really when you consider we have no replacement to give him competition, why mock your keeper and knock his confidence further?

I don’t think suggesting he should save a routine shot is mocking him. 

Would you prefer we all said “well done Max you tried your best”?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t think suggesting he should save a routine shot is mocking him. 

Would you prefer we all said “well done Max you tried your best”?

No, but making memes mugging him off is pretty much as mocking as it gets.
You simply say it's his fault to own.

Just now, Andy082005 said:

Sadly he is a League 1 keeper. I have little confidence in the lad when players shoot from distance .

For me it always happens when I just start to feel comfortable with him. 

He’s a bit like a “x days since last accident” poster, but can never really get past 30 odd. 

• Haha 3