IGNORED

Tinns Speaks

CyderInACan

I genuinely can’t tell if Tinnion has actually snaked it and gone full Anakin or he’s just so incredibly thick that he doesn’t even realise what he’s doing and is just a lapdog for the Lansdowns. 

The interviews are just shambolic, proper North Korea “There is no war in Ba Sing Se” vibes. Can’t see how we progress at all now. Not to overreact but I think we’re finished. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I think Nige was too much of a manager and they want a coach. I guess this is what they wanted with Holden; a tracksuit on the grass head coach who will take training and pick the team but won't question the hierarchy. 

100%.

The only reason Pearson ever got the job was because of the unholy mess the owner had allowed us to drift into. It needed someone of Pearson's calibre to stop us getting relegated.

His appointment was one of expediency, nothing more.

Without the mess of the owner's own making, another Yes man patsy would be in the job. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Zuni said:

I am more convinced they are looking at Luke Williams now.

The fact they are looking for a Head Coach does not disappoint me.

The longer it takes to appoint someone, the more it points to someone currently in a job, rather than someone unemployed who can start immediately.

Given his previous City connections, and the fact he'd just be grateful for the opportunity and so unlikely to upset the thin skinned owners, I can believe Williams is on our short list. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2

Both videos suggest JL & BT created this situation themselves & drove the sacking on Sunday - obviously, SL sanctioned (maybe reluctantly) it but it is evident this was their cooked-up project - but they have completely misjudged it & are trying to smooth over (badly).

51 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This strategy seems to fall to pieces as soon as you pick away at it. 

So we have a squad that is good enough to be up at the top of the table? So that suggests the club thinks the new head coach should be leading us to promotion either this season or next.

So how does that fit in with their stated long term plan of bringing through academy players? 

Because let's be brutally honest, if we get to the Premier league, we're not going to be bringing through academy players unless they are exceptional talents like Alex Scott.

If we get to the premier league then that plan will be immediately ripped up and a new one quickly put together. 

They often quote the likes of Brighton, Luton etc. Do you know how they have been successful? They had planned for different eventualities. So when they got promoted, they didn't have to rip everything up. They was able to pivot.

So with this in mind, surely our plan is based on us remaining a Championship club? Which then leads to questions about why they are saying we have a squad that should be competing at the top end of the league.

Whatever way you look at it, this plan doesn't seem very well thought through or robust. 

Whoever comes in next is guaranteed to fail. They won't get us in the top 6 because we're a mid table side.

They will be given another season (without Conway) and will probably fail again by getting us no higher than 10th, and will be sacked.

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Tinns Peaks, surreal goings on in a weirdo football-backwater starring, er, Kyle McFadzean, Sheryl Lee as Kasey Palmer, Madchen Amick as Lee "Shelly" Johnson, David Duckovny as "Downsey", (etc and so on)

But this weekend, are the Owls what they seem?

• Haha 2

I haven’t had time to look at this thread yet (just managed to look at the JL one so far) 

So sorry if this has been said already, three immediate things struck me:

Tinnion was ultra nervous, looked scared, licking his lips throughout and wide eyed (also looks like he hasn’t slept for a couple of nights). Which very much suggests he is central to recent decisions and well out of his depth

As per the JL attempt it was totally contrived and lacked any authenticity 

What BT said, in terms of being oven ready for the next man, is thanks to NP and his staff

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

100%.

The only reason Pearson ever got the job was because of the unholy mess the owner had allowed us to drift into. It needed someone of Pearson's calibre to stop us getting relegated.

His appointment was one of expediency, nothing more.

Without the mess of the owner's own making, another Yes man patsy would be in the job. 

Until it leads us into another mess all of Lansdowns making, and the cycle continues.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Whoever comes in next is guaranteed to fail. They won't get us in the top 6 because we're a mid table side.

They will be given another season (without Conway) and will probably fail again by getting us no higher than 10th, and will be sacked.

And then we will need Pearson to come back to clear up the mess that was created.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So keen to tell us about all the positive things; the squad, the playing style, the recruitment. And yet they sacked the guy who implemented all of the above.

They’re all just idiots. Tinnion included.

100% this. I agree with what he says about having a good squad & the development of youngsters & the club has recently had a good feel about it but they've just sacked the person that made all of that happen.   Couldn't make it up!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Kashmir said:

That was worse than Prince Andrews interview with the BBC!

Now there is a name we’ve not considered.

Seriously though this whole situation is all getting so farcical, amateur and embarrassing.  Just appoint a Manager who knows the game and shape this club into where it wants allegedly to be….oh wait we had one of those a few days ago.

• Like 2

What I find most frustrating about this whole situation is that BT has overseen the development of probably the best group of academy graduates for many years, if not ever.

Under NP's management, Tins' work with the academy has been made doubly effective by having a manager willing to blood young players and to trust them to become integral parts of the first team, albeit some of that might have out of necessity.

There is little doubt that our academy is probably our most important assert going forward. Will the next manager be equally prepared to continue the academy pathway to the first team, as did NP?

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Blah blah blah company lines from Tinman sadly.

Remember, this is the man who jumped into Danny Wilsons shoes while they were still warm.

For those of us who were there, we cannot forget the image of former club legend Tinnion sat with his head in his hands at Swansea, if this next appointment doesn't work it'll be him for the axe next time.

I was there. Head in his hands indeed.

And yet from that **** up to this.

Common denominators? Steve and Brian. Both are *****. In any other role they’d be sacked for incompetence.

I’d like to see the back of both of them.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mason said:

From hero to zero  BT, does anyone actually believe this sacking was down to form or one game, because if we had won v Cardiff, with so many injured 1st teamers, we could now be in a playoff spot and the decision to sack NP would have had to take a backseat.

Even now we are only 5pts away, even Tinman said we have a good squad when fit, so..............WHY THE **** WAS NP SACKED THEN?

Cos we should be 5 points clear of Leeds ..... with this squad

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

What I find most frustrating about this whole situation is that BT has overseen the development of probably the best group of academy graduates for many years, if not ever.

Under NP's management, Tins' work with the academy has been made doubly effective by having a manager willing to blood young players and to trust them to become integral parts of the first team, albeit some of that might have out of necessity.

There is little doubt that our academy is probably our most important assert going forward. Will the next manager be equally prepared to continue the academy pathway to the first team, as did NP?

It just makes the whole thing more sad. 

We had a manager that was happy to deal with the financial constraints, and actively bringing young players through from the academy, with some great recent success. This should be music to most owners ears surely. 

This has to be a power play by Tinnion, and a grab for more first team control by the Lansdowns. I can't fathom any other reason for it. 

• Like 1