IGNORED

Tinns Speaks

CyderInACan

6 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

Now there is a name we’ve not considered.

Seriously though this whole situation is all getting so farcical, amateur and embarrassing.  Just appoint a Manager who knows the game and shape this club into where it wants allegedly to be….oh wait we had one of those a few days ago.

He could run the academy.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

They will be given another season (without Conway) and will probably fail again by getting us no higher than 10th, and will be sacked.

You’re far more optimistic than I am. My feeling is this: A head coach has to come in and move the team forward but will have the constraints that NP had, only he won’t have the knowledge or the rapport that NP had with these players. This means, in order to have any success at taking the team higher up the table they will need make big changes - which comes with huge risks. I think we could end up in League 1 again before things start to get better. Negative way of looking at it? Maybe..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Until it leads us into another mess all of Lansdowns making, and the cycle continues.

I just don't think if it happens again we'll get a combination of NP and Gould. We won't be so lucky.

More likely we would get the equivalent of McInnes and O'Driscoll and whoever the CEO was then...slide into League One and maybe even fail FFP.

Lightning doesn't strike twice, we won't get as lucky if a few years down the line we are where we were as of 2021.

Just now, downendcity said:

What I find most frustrating about this whole situation is that BT has overseen the development of probably the best group of academy graduates for many years, if not ever.

Under NP's management Tins' work with the academy has been made doubly effective by having a manager willing to blood young players and to trust them to become integral parts of the first team, albeit some of that might haven out of necessity.

There is little doubt that our academy is probably our most important assert going forward. Will the next manager be equally prepared to continue the academy pathway to the first team, as did NP?

To be honest I think that they won't have a choice, the plan from above is for a light squad and for the numbers to be made up by the academy. I was watching an old video recently where they explain how before buying a player on a 3 year contract it will always be assessed if there is someone in his position they think is ready from the academy, and if Tins says there is someone they think is ready in 2 years then they shouldn't offer someone else a 3 year contract. The club feel that we clearly have the best academy in the south west and so we are in a great position to get the best talent in a large area but to keep attracting the talent we also need a pathway, can't see that strategy changing and if the Andy King stuff is true then if anything we are going to go further in this direction and there isn't much room for discussion.

Edited by Baba Yaga
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Blah blah blah company lines from Tinman sadly.

Remember, this is the man who jumped into Danny Wilsons shoes while they were still warm.

For those of us who were there, we cannot forget the image of former club legend Tinnion sat with his head in his hands at Swansea, if this next appointment doesn't work it'll be him for the axe next time.

I vividly recall the image of Tinman sitting alone in the away dugout at Swansea for what seemed ages.......I thought he was going for David Blaines record of living in a plastic bubble without food and water for as long as possible?     Tinn's was an excellent footballer, and seems to have a good eye for talented players, but a manager HE IS most definitely NOT!?

Remember, this is the man who jumped into Danny Wilsons shoes while they were still warm.

For those of us who were there, we cannot forget the image of former club legend Tinnion sat with his head in his hands at Swansea, if this next appointment doesn't work it'll be him for the axe next time.

I vividly recall the image of Tinman sitting alone in the away dugout at Swansea for what seemed ages.......I thought he was going for David Blaines record of living in a plastic bubble without food and water for as long as possible?     Tinn's was an excellent footballer, and seems to have a good eye for talented players, but a manager HE IS most definitely NOT!?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I don't think I'll forget those images after that post! 🤣

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

You really can recall it

• Haha 7

Above everything else, whether you think it was right for Pearson to go or not, the sheer masterclass in weak, wet, PR is truly cause for concern and should inspire little to no confidence in the decision makers.

Taking what now feels like a few steps back following the Halloween horror show of this mornings attempts to placate the fanbase, whilst in my opinion it was the wrong decision to make the change, it’s the hopeless mismanagement in the aftermath that is the overriding concern.

It had been clear for some time that Pearson was doing the dirty work, laying the foundations for his inevitably more user-friendly successor. He wasn’t going to get a new deal, bar some miraculous top 6 campaign which, however much the club try to convince otherwise, was never the expectation. With that being the case, now seems as good a time as any to rip off the band-aid.

After being pretty frustrated and disillusioned with the situation on Sunday, I’d sort of made peace in that it was the wrong decision at the right time. He isn’t getting a new deal, they’ve struck opportunistically when, they at least, believe pedalling a results line will wash. They’ll back the new guy in January. They’ll have to. For all the anger and disappointment, it wasn’t going to be a thing beyond this season, I don’t agree with it, but let’s move on.

There was a window of opportunity this morning. The chance was there to come out, tell the truth, and at very least pay respect to both Pearson in words and fans in sincerity, even if neither of those were in agreement with the course.

We’d like to thank Nigel for all the hard work he has put in, both on and off the pitch, having joined the club during an incredibly testing time financially and tasked with overhauling the playing squad. After discussion with Nigel, in which it was clear our views did not align, we have taken the difficult decision that Nigel’s contract will not be renewed at the end of the season and have decided it is in the best interests of the club and all concerned if we now part ways.

That’s not hard. So why is it?

The fact that it is, the fact that they’ve crammed the Ladybird book of Super Soccer buzzwords - ‘Passion’, ‘Aggression’, ‘Front-foot’, ‘Youth’ et al into the nonsense of this morning, in the hugely wayward and arrogant belief that fans would swallow it actually, for me, shows genuine disrespect and disdain.

I guess I’ve always been a Lansdown makes bad decisions but provides stability and infrastructure which we should be grateful for, rather than Lansdown provides stability and infrastructure which we should be grateful for but makes bad decisions, kind of voter, but to have the gall to not only dispense of the man who answered your self-inflicted SOS, but to then roll out the nonsense of this morning, quite simply fans deserve better from the club.

Edited by S_C
  • Like 4
  • Flames 6

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I don't think I'll forget those images after that post! 🤣

Sorry ............it seems i must have either  tautology syndrome or i am suffering from obsessive compulsion? ...............Or maybe i just cannot shut the pheck up!!  My apologies for the repetitive post, I don't know how it happened....Ha!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It even made the local papers website recalling events at the Liberty.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/liberty-stadium-anniversary-2005-swansea-18577165

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry ............it seems i must have either  tautology syndrome or i am suffering from obsessive compulsion? ...............Or maybe i just cannot shut the pheck up!!  My apologies for the repetitive post, I don't know how it happened....Ha!

We've all done it!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

You can say that again.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, S_C said:

Above everything else, whether you think it was right for Pearson to go or not, the sheer masterclass in weak, wet, PR is truly cause for concern and should inspire little to no confidence in the decision makers.

Taking what now feels like a few steps back following the Halloween horror show of this mornings attempts to placate the fanbase, whilst in my opinion it was the wrong decision to make the change, it’s the hopeless mismanagement in the aftermath that is the overriding concern.

It had been clear for some time that Pearson was doing the dirty work, laying the foundations for his inevitably more user-friendly successor. He wasn’t going to get a new deal, bar some miraculous top 6 campaign which, however much the club try to convince otherwise, was never the expectation. With that being the case, now seems as good a time as any to rip off the band-aid.

After being pretty frustrated and disillusioned with the situation on Sunday, I’d sort of made peace in that it was the wrong decision at the right time. He isn’t getting a new deal, they’ve struck opportunistically when, they at least, believe pedalling a results line will wash. They’ll back the new guy in January. They’ll have to. For all the anger and disappointment, it wasn’t going to be a thing beyond this season, I don’t agree with it, but let’s move on.

There was a window of opportunity this morning. The chance was there to come out, tell the truth, and at very least pay respect to both Pearson in words and fans in sincerity, even if neither of those were in agreement with the course.

We’d like to thank Nigel for all the hard work he has put in, both on and off the pitch, having joined the club during an incredibly testing time financially and tasked with overhauling the playing squad. After discussion with Nigel, in which it was clear our views did not align, we have taken the difficult decision that Nigel’s contract will not be renewed at the end of the season and have decided it is in the best interests of the club and all concerned if we now part ways.

That’s not hard. So why is it?

The fact that it is, the fact that they’ve crammed the Ladybird book of Super Soccer buzzwords - ‘Passion’, ‘Aggression’, ‘Front-foot’, ‘Youth’ et al into the nonsense of this morning, in the hugely wayward and arrogant belief that fans would swallow it actually, for me, shows genuine disrespect and disdain.

I guess I’ve always been a Lansdown makes bad decisions but provides stability and infrastructure which we should be grateful for, rather than Lansdown provides stability and infrastructure which we should be grateful for but makes bad decisions, kind of voter, but to have the gall to not only dispense of the man who answered your self-inflicted SOS, but to then roll out the nonsense of this morning, quite simply fans deserve better from the club.

and that’s it in a nutshell - once you start going down the route they have your in trouble. If they had just said what you have, then people can still disagree with the decision but i bet the backlash would have been less extreme 

Had Nige lost a couple more games with us a few points above the drop I wonder if fans would have been demanding he’d be sacked (again)?

A charitable way to look at things was Lansdown wanted him gone end of the season but gave him a chance to prove himself this season (and it didn’t work).  

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, downendcity said:

What I find most frustrating about this whole situation is that BT has overseen the development of probably the best group of academy graduates for many years, if not ever.

Under NP's management, Tins' work with the academy has been made doubly effective by having a manager willing to blood young players and to trust them to become integral parts of the first team, albeit some of that might have out of necessity.

There is little doubt that our academy is probably our most important assert going forward. Will the next manager be equally prepared to continue the academy pathway to the first team, as did NP?

This. I feel it was working. Many young players have been given their chance by Pearson.

13 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Had Nige lost a couple more games with us a few points above the drop I wonder if fans would have been demanding he’d be sacked (again)?

A charitable way to look at things was Lansdown wanted him gone end of the season but gave him a chance to prove himself this season (and it didn’t work).  

I doubt it. People understand the injury situation, the cost slashing situation. The fact that things have generally improved albeit the margins may have narrowed a bit.

Hell last time we tried similar we declined over a year or 2, got relegated and fell to the bottom of the third tier.

Just now, harvey54 said:

As he was as a manager. Stick to loaning out reserves. Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near decision making regarding the best head coach.

I'm sat here wondering how Tins who's not very articulate has somehow managed to get both Alexander and Pearson out of the door and placed himself in such a position of authority. 

• Like 3

I'm actually getting worried about playing Wednesday, Saturday. What should be about as certain a 3 points as you'd get in the championship is coming up at a time we're in turmoil - not only injuries, but no manager and the gate will be about as toxic as LJ times - especially if Wednesday score early on.

If I was their manager I'd be sending them out to get right in our faces the first ten minutes, wind up the crowd, really put pressure on a team stitched together with kids and players out of position. I'd also do exactly what I was told from the upper management and never grumble.

And that, Steve, is why I think I'd be perfect for the role of Bristol City Manager Head Coach

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm sat here wondering how Tins who's not very articulate has somehow managed to get both Alexander and Pearson out of the door and placed himself in such a position of authority. 

Because it probably also suits the Lansdown's agenda?

1 hour ago, JammyOne said:

You’re far more optimistic than I am. My feeling is this: A head coach has to come in and move the team forward but will have the constraints that NP had, only he won’t have the knowledge or the rapport that NP had with these players. This means, in order to have any success at taking the team higher up the table they will need make big changes - which comes with huge risks. I think we could end up in League 1 again before things start to get better. Negative way of looking at it? Maybe..

The fact that we haven’t done our usual reset in Lg1 is down to Nige.

Someone else got it spot-on for me.

We have a mid-table squad, thin in numbers (I’ll come back to this in a sec), but with the spirit and togetherness there was hope they could perform better than the sum of the parts and be in and around the PO mix.

+++++++

I was on,y saying to someone the other day that SL once came out with (paraphrased but not far off the exact quote - you need two players for each position, 442, I’m a bit old-school but that’s how I look at it - and I hear Tinnion come out with the same.  Against its more nuanced that’s that isn’t it?

What is that actually based on?

One first choice / one cover?

If so, what level does the cover need to be at?  Is it good enough to play week-in, week-out if the first choice is out injured?  Who covers the cover?

Two first choices?

Battling it out, allowing rest and rotation.  How do you integrate the pathway, etc.

I’m not saying I have the answer, just that it’s too simplistic a statement to make.  We haven’t even talked about ability of players, e.g. we might have two brilliant Left Backs but two poor Right Backs.

29 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

If. The. Dog. Hadn’t. Stopped. For. A. Shit. It. Wouldn’t. Have. Won. The. Race. 😉😉😉

I remember way back when Tinnion was manager and under a lot of pressure going into THAT Swansea game. He was being interviewed on Radio Bristol most probably by 20Man on the Friday night. I remember at the time he had the same 3 sentences that he was using over and over again, Mantra-like. Something like "I'm working hard. I believe I can do it. I will get this right" It was almost as if he said it enough times it will become true fact.

This, and the JL interview, feels the same.

• Like 10