IGNORED

John Eustace

Ziderarmy

15 minutes ago, One Team said:

Perhaps, but if we are replacing NP then it has to be an upgrade which this isn’t.

Time will tell won’t it.  It’s not impossible that he improves us. I could mention tons and tons of underwhelming managerial appointments that ended up well.  Not least the current spurs and Villa managers. Both sets of fans were underwhelmed 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 1

I knew nothing about Eustace before, apart from the fact that his Birmingham team totally outplayed us twice and looked like a really well drilled unit.

If you bother to read up on the bloke you may find some information which could make you think that he perhaps isn't that bad an appointment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Still completely baffled by the half a dozen or so posters who have joined OTIB in the last two days & are suddenly complete experts on us & the rest of the Championship.

Am I the only one?

Maybe they are actual fans that have read the forum for a while and fancied putting their opinion in, or they could be gas 

4 minutes ago, Kimpton said:

Don’t think Pearson was the best man imo I think he flattered to deceive on the pitch and we didn’t threaten enough at home. A lot of people are very pro Pearson on her and I understand that I just think he was a tad overrated on the pitch. 

You are? Joined yesterday? 

• Haha 1

I understand the frustration with Nige unfairly leaving but some posters really need confine that to the 101 other ongoing topics right now. We need to give JE or whoever gets the job our full support. Who knows if he'll be a 'puppet' or a 'downgrade' ect.

Let's give the guy a chance atleast.

54 minutes ago, Jose said:

Honestly in disbelief we get rid of Pearson for someone who’s had one full season as a manager finishing 17th. 

I bloody hate this club sometimes. 

Yes but we all know Nige’s dismissal has got f all to do with football , totally personal 

If it’s Eustace write ups say organised and good football, we will see 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Who on earth said that MRR?

(Sigh) It was an analogy.

How the eff do we know whether Eustace is good or bad or better or worse than Nige before he's even appointed? 

It's speculation. It's bitterness. It's silly.

If he has the job then he's our Manager and should have at least one game before spleen venting.

IMO ( and that of James Piercy) BCFC are a very attractive club and a really great opportunity for the new man. It seems like some think the football world should shun the job in sympathy for Nige.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

If this is true?    What a let down.    A club like ours should be casting its net widely all over Europe to find a young progressive tracksuit coach, like a Farke or Frank type (Yes i know that is a cliche).....but that is exactly what this club needs?   Instead we take the easy option off of the merry go round of sacked managers.....no ambition no foresight?   If we were intending to get rid of NP, why didn't we spend a few months looking at possible replacements, vetting them, researching them, and talking to candidates?    Instead it's a case of who's out of job, and is gonna be grateful to be employed, and lets make sure he is a YES man who won't upset anyone?    It is all so very tedious IMO.

A yes man, hence he gets the job, ridiculous.

• Sad 1