IGNORED

Tinnion Leaves Twitter

And Its Smith

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I have twatted five times in my life approximately and don’t have an account anymore. 

Brian obviously doesn’t want to **** any more, has there been a lot of abuse directed at him. Anyone got any knowledge of it?

I searched for Brian Tinnion and filtered it by Latest, there were 10-15 or so negative comments, the worst adjective I saw was “clueless”, and some comments were in response to his leaving post that Dastardly and Muttley posted in the OP.

doesn't seem like he’s had absolute pelters, but some criticism and suggestions that he leaves along with JL and SL, and lots of references to NP leaving 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

This. He’s dished it out a bit to fans, and even chipped in earlier today biting on a tweet from a certain someone who (I believe) he made redundant from his role at the club. Now suddenly wants to take his ball and go home because people aren’t being nice to him 24/7. 

“The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment.”

Think you’re correct, I saw the tweet, although in fairness the fee we got was all profit, and we are a selling club.

Just now, luke_bristol said:

I searched for Brian Tinnion and filtered it by Latest, there were 10-15 or so negative comments, the worst adjective I saw was “clueless”, and some comments were in response to his leaving post that Dastardly and Muttley posted in the OP.

doesn't seem like he’s had absolute pelters, but some criticism and suggestions that he leaves along with JL and SL, and lots of references to NP leaving 

Thanks. Well he is part of the management team. So he has to take his share! 

Sure, he shouldn’t have to read abuse and abuse is never OK.

But criticism isn’t the same thing as abuse and most fans have been critical not abusive. Lots of that criticism is justified too.

To me it just feeds into an ever growing sense that the club’s engagement with supporters is increasingly stage managed and inauthentic. And Tinnion isn’t smart enough to be trusted not to say something they don’t want him to say.

• Like 9

Just now, REDOXO said:

Thanks. Well he is part of the management team. So he has to take his share! 

While I’d agree on that point, if I was public figure with any sort of profile (even the manager of Keynsham Town), there’s no way I’d use my own name on Twitter, it’s better than it used to be but it’s still a cess pit.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

My view is that, as the Tecknical Director of a championship football club you need to have a social media presence in this day and age. 
If the choices you make in your very privileged position bring heat then you have to muscle it out, not run away. 

As regards the ‘Premier League’ comment - that is simply delusional and says a lot about the naive thinking that is dominant down there. 

I’m actually fully behind Manning, but the club officials and custodians need to have the balls to stand by their decisions in public. 
This is showing weakness and gives the impression of superiority (we don’t need to listen to or communicate with fans as we know better and we’ll show you when we get promoted)!! 

You live by the sword you die by the sword.

He made the same deluded statements as JL and he’s got an academy full of front foot top end championship players, so if he wants to imply that the fans are out of touch and himself, JL and SL know better then he should suck it up with the Teflon shoulders like the fans have had to do.

This is typical of the regime. They all come out lapping it up when we’re doing well but all hide under rocks when the wheels come off.

If we truly want Premier League football then they need to grow a pair and a spine!

• Like 13
  • Flames 1

What's the old saying?, "You Can Run but You Can't Hide", I think BT has had quite a comfy job so far with BCFC & it's now time to stand up & be counted, not say stuff that the SL & JL would like you to say.

To say "See You When We're in The PL" is just a cop out.

Stand up & be a man BT.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

Semantics.  The point is we didn’t produce him. 

Absolutely, he didn’t need coaching, as natural as they come.

I’m afraid the Academy aspect is being very much overcooked to suit the agenda, yes some now excellent players have come through the Academy, currently O’Leary, Bell and Conway I think joined at a young age and moved through the age groups, Pring was I believe released by Villa at 16 or 17.

I’ll stick my neck out and say no current Academy player is going to break through this season, and I include Yeboah in that.

If we want better players they will need to come from other clubs.

43 minutes ago, petehinton said:

This. He’s dished it out a bit to fans, and even chipped in earlier today biting on a tweet from a certain someone who (I believe) he made redundant from his role at the club. Now suddenly wants to take his ball and go home because people aren’t being nice to him 24/7. 

“The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment.”

It was an unnecessary and inaccurate comment in the first place that the guy made though. Is Brian supposed to not provide the actual fact of what we got for Wes where otherwise people could/would have believed what he said because of what his former position was. And Wes is a poor example for me, it’s taken Wes until he’s 28 to reach the championship and people said we held onto Bobby Reid for too long! 

As for leaving, it’s not a club account, it’s a personal one, there’s no requirement for him to have one. JL/BT got pelters for blocking abuse, now Brian is taking it for choosing to leave the platform, are they supposed to just be an open target for abuse? I appreciate a lot of interactions would be general questioning rather than abuse but if you get more abuse for blocking abuse in the first place what else can you do? 

A lot is made of mental health, it can’t be good for someone if they get hundreds of notifications, some criticism, some support, some abuse, but focusing on the abusive ones. Perhaps people just want to have a clearer head space. Fans will let the club know what they think one way or another anyway. 

Edited by Lrrr
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sure, he shouldn’t have to read abuse and abuse is never OK.

But criticism isn’t the same thing as abuse and most fans have been critical not abusive. Lots of that criticism is justified too.

To me it just feeds into an ever growing sense that the club’s engagement with supporters is increasingly stage managed and inauthentic. And Tinnion isn’t smart enough to be trusted not to say something they don’t want him to say.

yup, my first reaction was is that his own decision. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I’ll stick my neck out and say no current Academy player is going to break through this season, and I include Yeboah in that.

It would be through an injury crisis but I don’t think Knight-Lebel would drown at championship level if he was chucked in, he also suits Manning’s system. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Roe said:

I watched the first half on a stream. Actually thought we looked alright, although a lot of it was Norwich looking awful

Was out for the second half so didn't see any but not all that surprised we caved

Norwich were awful, yes and we finished the half ok, but overall pretty boring football from both sides. There is a thread on this topic, where us old moany blokes can be nostalgic about the days when you could put in the mixer  :laugh:

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Has decided to leave Twitter.

Case of “getting out of the kitchen as he can’t take the heat”?

Bet he’d still be there if Manning had won his first few. Real shame that someone else won’t seem to take accountability and communicate with the supporters.

“Be back when we get to premier league”

They don’t help themselves do they?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I don’t disagree with this Pete, but there’s a big difference between criticism and abuse.

I’m not on Twitter, or X, or whatever it’s called today. So I’ll be the first to admit I’m not best placed to comment. But if some of what I’ve been told by others is true then there’s an awful lot of pure abuse, and I think there comes a point where it’s reasonable to take the view that enough is enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

There is a thread on this topic, where us old moany blokes can be nostalgic about the days when you could put in the mixer 

At times today, that was exactly what was required.

I thought their defence was crap and instead of trying to walk the ball in the net all the time, chuck it in the box now and then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

I don’t disagree with this Pete, but there’s a big difference between criticism and abuse.

I’m not on Twitter, or X, or whatever it’s called today. So I’ll be the first to admit I’m not best placed to comment. But if some of what I’ve been told by others is true then there’s an awful lot of pure abuse, and I think there comes a point where it’s reasonable to take the view that enough is enough. 

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

It was an unnecessary and inaccurate comment in the first place that the guy made though. Is Brian supposed to not provide the actual fact of what we got for Wes where otherwise people could/would have believed what he said because of what his former position was. And Wes is a poor example for me, it’s taken Wes until he’s 28 to reach the championship and people said we held onto Bobby Reid for too long! 

As for leaving, it’s not a club account, it’s a personal one, there’s no requirement for him to have one. JL/BT got pelters for blocking abuse, now Brian is taking it for choosing to leave the platform, are they supposed to just be an open target for abuse? I appreciate a lot of interactions would be general questioning rather than abuse but if you get more abuse for blocking abuse in the first place what else can you do? 

A lot is made of mental health, it can’t be good for someone if they get hundreds of notifications, some criticism, some support, some abuse, but focusing on the abusive ones. Perhaps people just want to have a clearer head space. Fans will let the club know what they think one way or another anyway. 

I personally haven’t seen any ‘abuse’ toward him other than some fair criticism or questions, happy to stand corrected if anyone can find any evidence of people @ him directly with some pretty grim comments. 

The ‘will be back when we’re premier league’ is just very odd and needless. Essentially saying “you’ll all be sorry” to his own fanbase, whilst also saying I’ll come back when everything is perfect, I can’t handle taking flack, which is a big reason people couldn’t stand Ashton.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

24 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

While I’d agree on that point, if I was public figure with any sort of profile (even the manager of Keynsham Town), there’s no way I’d use my own name on Twitter, it’s better than it used to be but it’s still a cess pit.

Unless your name is pretty much opening doors for you perhaps?

Just now, Lrrr said:

It would be through an injury crisis but I don’t think Knight-Lebel would drown at championship level if he was chucked in, he also suits Manning’s system. 

I nearly always watch the warm up just to get a feel for things.

I’ve noticed in the last couple JKL has been used to chip the ball in the air for the back four to head, akin to the Kalas remark that JM used him as a human cone during training at Chelsea.

Top six clubs don’t chuck players in, he is on the bench simply because there is know one else.

Thats not to say he doesn’t show promise, but having watched some of the U21 games, where I believe he has been made captain, they have taken some hammerings, and I think he needs a loan spell to see if he’s up to playing against men, rather than boys.

He shouldn't have to read all the abuse he's getting online Abuse is never ok. But its difficult now adays as everything is online and people are more contactable than they were before. People send things in the heat of the moment that they wouldn't probably send the day after the game, after they take a bit of time to cool off and process things.

Brian did a fantastic job when he was head of our academy and brought through some very good players and did a lot of good work for the club. However he does seem to be struggling in his new role and a bit out of his depth and I blame the Lansdown's for overpromoting him, or does he need a mentor to help teach him a job he hasn't done before? I don't necessary blame him as its a higher up issue. 

We all get frustrated at times supporting City. Supporting City is something we do for the love of the game and our club. Especially as we all put so much of our hard earned money into the club, in our season tickets food drink etc.  

Be kind to each other 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

I personally haven’t seen any ‘abuse’ toward him other than some fair criticism or questions, happy to stand corrected if anyone can find any evidence of people @ him directly with some pretty grim comments. 

The ‘will be back when we’re premier league’ is just very odd and needless. Essentially saying “you’ll all be sorry” to his own fanbase, whilst also saying I’ll come back when everything is perfect, I can’t handle taking flack, which is a big reason people couldn’t stand Ashton.

To be fair, thats just your assumption.

I think the main abuse goes back a few weeks when NP was sacked and a pile on started.

But I do think you have a point re the Premier League quote - no need for that, just disappear, don't say anything.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

You say that there is no requirement for anyone from the club to hold a Twitter account. And I agree. 

But social media is probably one of the best communication tools around and given the club specifically stated at the fans forum 6 days ago that “we must get better at communicating” it’s not a great look that the most influential person at the club has ceased one of his larger outlets for communication. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1