IGNORED

Tinnion Leaves Twitter

And Its Smith

Just now, Harry said:

You say that there is no requirement for anyone from the club to hold a Twitter account. And I agree. 

But social media is probably one of the best communication tools around and given the club specifically stated at the fans forum 6 days ago that “we must get better at communicating” it’s not a great look that the most influential person at the club has ceased one of his larger outlets for communication. 

It was a personal account.

The club have an official account (for what its worth) maybe he will post through that ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I personally haven’t seen any ‘abuse’ toward him other than some fair criticism or questions, happy to stand corrected if anyone can find any evidence of people @ him directly with some pretty grim comments. 

The ‘will be back when we’re premier league’ is just very odd and needless. Essentially saying “you’ll all be sorry” to his own fanbase, whilst also saying I’ll come back when everything is perfect, I can’t handle taking flack, which is a big reason people couldn’t stand Ashton.

Yeah I don’t necessarily agree with the ‘back when in the prem’ comment, but I read it more as just Brian’s general positive point of view 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

You say that there is no requirement for anyone from the club to hold a Twitter account. And I agree. 

But social media is probably one of the best communication tools around and given the club specifically stated at the fans forum 6 days ago that “we must get better at communicating” it’s not a great look that the most influential person at the club has ceased one of his larger outlets for communication. 

I agree that the club could do better and I hope they do improve, perhaps one way could be Twitter accounts like @BCFCCEO, @BCFCTechDirector etc, sort of like the POTUS account that gets passed on, an official account they use and Brian can continue to give out information. Which would mean that Brian would hopefully be allowed his personal account to not be messaged by city fans about work in a negative sense to allow him a separation, perhaps that’s too much wishful thinking.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I personally haven’t seen any ‘abuse’ toward him other than some fair criticism or questions, happy to stand corrected if anyone can find any evidence of people @ him directly with some pretty grim comments. 

The ‘will be back when we’re premier league’ is just very odd and needless. Essentially saying “you’ll all be sorry” to his own fanbase, whilst also saying I’ll come back when everything is perfect, I can’t handle taking flack, which is a big reason people couldn’t stand Ashton.

Fair enough: as I said I’m not on it so I’m the last person to be able to point to it! Just what I was told. If I’m honest, I’m surprised anyone in professional football really wants to be on it! 

I agree on the PL comment: comes across as unnecessary and a bit childish.  

15 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I don’t disagree with this Pete, but there’s a big difference between criticism and abuse.

I’m not on Twitter, or X, or whatever it’s called today. So I’ll be the first to admit I’m not best placed to comment. But if some of what I’ve been told by others is true then there’s an awful lot of pure abuse, and I think there comes a point where it’s reasonable to take the view that enough is enough. 

Twitter, is just another form of media. 

If it was a Politician or like, not being able to handle comments from his constituency, and leaving until being put into power, then they would get Pelters. 

You can't put yourself out there and take all the glowing responses for the academy, then jack it in when a few decisions are questioned. 

Be a man and take responsibility. 

He doesn't need to engage or respond to abuse...as many public figures don't. But at least be there. 

The statement of ' I'll be back when we are in the Prem' ...screams of ' you don't know what you're talking about and I'll prove you wrong'. 

If he comes back before he's going to look an idiot. 

He maybe a football man...but he's coming across as seriously detached from the real world these days. 

I'm not going to call him thick as others have. But his judgement is questionable. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

25 minutes ago, McNasty Filth said:

Don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about the prem comment. To me anyway it's clearly been made tongue in cheek with a hint of sarcasm.

Just a slight dig at the multiple bells you get on there, nothing wrong with that.

Really don’t understand how the prem comment is a dig, it’s just going to blow up in his face.

He’s either admitting we’re nowhere near getting to the EPL, in which case they all lied to us when they sacked NP, or he expects us to get promoted under LM, which is a hell of reach after what we saw today. 

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

Twitter, is just another form of media. 

If it was a Politician or like, not being able to handle comments from his constituency, and leaving until being put into power, then they would get Pelters. 

You can't put yourself out there and take all the glowing responses for the academy, then jack it in when a few decisions are questioned. 

Be a man and take responsibility. 

He doesn't need to engage or respond to abuse...as many public figures don't. But at least be there. 

The statement of ' I'll be back when we are in the Prem' ...screams of ' you don't know what you're talking about and I'll prove you wrong'. 

If he comes back before he's going to look an idiot. 

He maybe a football man...but he's coming across as seriously detached from the real world these days. 

I'm not going to call him thick as others have. But his judgement is questionable. 

As I’ve said, agree on the PL comment.

But if, by “pelters” you mean abuse then I disagree. It’s nothing to do with “being a man”. No-one should be subjected to abuse, least of all the sort of abuse that’s directed at some people on Twitter.

I’ve heard enough people describe the impact such abuse has; how it destroys self esteem, how it can’t just be ignored, how it affects mental health.

I’m not making a judgement about Tinnion’s account specifically, because I’ve not seen it. But to suggest that people should be a man and sit back and take ‘pelters’ is, I believe, profoundly wrong. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

My view is that, as the Tecknical Director of a championship football club you need to have a social media presence in this day and age. 
If the choices you make in your very privileged position bring heat then you have to muscle it out, not run away. 

As regards the ‘Premier League’ comment - that is simply delusional and says a lot about the naive thinking that is dominant down there. 

I’m actually fully behind Manning, but the club officials and custodians need to have the balls to stand by their decisions in public. 
This is showing weakness and gives the impression of superiority (we don’t need to listen to or communicate with fans as we know better and we’ll show you when we get promoted)!! 

Great post Harry! A technical director in my view needs to also show professionalism and not get emotional so much and retaliate on posts….can name several which I would not deem appropriate for a senior football figure at the club to be posting. Have to say this comes across very much like we will be right with our decision to move on Nige and come back and prove it to you all. Dearie me, what is going on behind the scenes! They set Liam up for a fall by their top six justifications for sacking a manager the fans were behind! Live with it! 

Edited by Shauntaylor85

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

As I’ve said, agree on the PL comment.

But if, by “pelters” you mean abuse then I disagree. It’s nothing to do with “being a man”. No-one should be subjected to abuse, least of all the sort of abuse that’s directed at some people on Twitter.

I’ve heard enough people describe the impact such abuse has; how it destroys self esteem, how it can’t just be ignored, how it affects mental health.

I’m not making a judgement about Tinnion’s account specifically, because I’ve not seen it. But to suggest that people should be a man and sit back and take ‘pelters’ is, I believe, profoundly wrong. 

Yet the 'Politics' section on this forum is a complete reflection of that of twitter. 

It suits...when it suits it seems Dave. 

And even if not agreed with, suitably ignored or not called out, if batting for the same side. 

40 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Fair enough: as I said I’m not on it so I’m the last person to be able to point to it! Just what I was told. If I’m honest, I’m surprised anyone in professional football really wants to be on it! 

I agree on the PL comment: comes across as unnecessary and a bit childish.  

Sorry, lucky to be even back in the building after the management era fiasco! Honestly what other club at this level or above brings back ex failed management to lead football operations! No sympathy and shows to me not the right fit at this level. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It was a personal account.

The club have an official account (for what its worth) maybe he will post through that ?

40 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I agree that the club could do better and I hope they do improve, perhaps one way could be Twitter accounts like @BCFCCEO, @BCFCTechDirector etc, sort of like the POTUS account that gets passed on, an official account they use and Brian can continue to give out information. Which would mean that Brian would hopefully be allowed his personal account to not be messaged by city fans about work in a negative sense to allow him a separation, perhaps that’s too much wishful thinking.

I think we’re being a tad naive if we are calling it a “personal account”. 
I’ve just had a quick scroll back to the start of the season and he’s made hundreds of posts and NOT A SINGLE ONE is personal. They are ALL Bristol City related. 
He’s followed by 15,000 people, no doubt the vast majority are City fans. 
Nothing he tweets is personal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Has decided to leave Twitter.

Case of “getting out of the kitchen as he can’t take the heat”?

Bet he’d still be there if Manning had won his first few. Real shame that someone else won’t seem to take accountability and communicate with the supporters.

It is of no consequence what results had happened.  Trolls and keyboard warriors will always find a way to abuse and belittle.....because they are A...holes who lead sad hidden  lives in their grubby bedsit's...Ha!        

8 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Sorry, lucky to be even back in the building after the management era fiasco! Honestly what other club at this level or above brings back ex failed management to lead football operations! No sympathy and shows to me not the right fit at this level. 

Fair enough, that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. But does that justify abuse?

Tinion  imo is still dinning out at the club on his reputation as a player.  He's shown he was a truly usless manager and has some how licked ass and got him self the role as technical director!! which seems mental what an earth qualifies him. He is lansdownes puppet you could see that at the fans forum when jon would just turn to him to answer any tough questions. I'm sure they truly beileve they can get this club to the Prem but they all just have no  competency what so ever its all so armature!!  The best thing JL said was there looking at outside investment to offer expertise to the board sooner that happens the better. As for steve Lansdown..... well its crystal clear to me he is no longer interested and completely asleep at at the wheel these days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Judge me on Tinnion! 😂 

Ask Danny Wilson how much of a snake BT is. 

People giving him credit for doing his job well gets right on my tits. Any single one of you that wasn’t doing it well would be fired. 

Keeping him out of decisions that affect first team affairs is a good idea as he was so shit at managing them. Christ most of the team complained about him directly to senior management and then gave up at Swansea. Luckily I don’t **** so I couldn’t care less!

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yet the 'Politics' section on this forum is a complete reflection of that of twitter. 

It suits...when it suits it seems Dave. 

And even if not agreed with, suitably ignored or not called out, if batting for the same side. 

I don’t think the politics forum on here is anything like as bad as Twitter. Partly because it’s much better moderated. Partly because, for the most part, people argue, discuss, disagree,  challenge, but for the most part don’t resort to outright abuse.

Im not saying it never happens, because it does, but it’s not a patch on twitter

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Judge me on Tinnion! 😂 

Ask Danny Wilson how much of a snake BT is. 

People giving him credit for doing his job well gets right on my tits. Any single one of you that wasn’t doing it well would be fired. 

Keeping him out of decisions that affect first team affairs is a good idea as he was so shit at managing them. Christ most of the team complained about him directly to senior management and then gave up at Swansea. Luckily I don’t **** so I couldn’t care less!

In 2018 Tinnion was instrumental in bringing Alex Scott over from Guernsey for a trial...............whatever your opinion of him, I think he has paid his way?   He is No manager, but he knows talent IMO.  If he wants to leave Twitter (Sorry,  Musk's Mess X) i don't blame him.

9 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I don’t think the politics forum on here is anything like as bad as Twitter. Partly because it’s much better moderated. Partly because, for the most part, people argue, discuss, disagree,  challenge, but for the most part don’t resort to outright abuse.

Im not saying it never happens, because it does, but it’s not a patch on twitter

How would you know if you aren't on Twitter Dave...or is it just something some people have told you?

Twitter is the number one source of information that mainstream journalism and media use to get up to date, as it happens info. 

You just use your brain to ignore certain elements. You don't need to read comments. It's very simple. 

I'd say the Politics forum on here is worse as it's so magnified by a small minority. 

It's very skewed. 

People on both platforms read...but don't feel the need to comment. 

The Politics forum has very much a pile on attitude. 

Whilst not overly abusive...it has the benefit of the ignore option, which is great, as it weeds out the idiots incapable of discussion. 

Let's be honest Dave, the Politics forum would be far more active if it wasn't for a very vocal Blinkered beyond reason minority that pile on. 

• Flames 1

33 minutes ago, maxjak said:

In 2018 Tinnion was instrumental in bringing Alex Scott over from Guernsey for a trial...............whatever your opinion of him, I think he has paid his way?   He is No manager, but he knows talent IMO.  If he wants to leave Twitter (Sorry,  Musk's Mess X) i don't blame him.

He is good at spotting talent it would appear.

But Pretty crap at being anywhere near decisions out side of his core competency. He is proving that again. 

Paid his way maybe…and this appears to have Bought a seat at the decision making table at a club that he has a proven track record of failure at. 

• Like 1