IGNORED

Tinnion Leaves Twitter

And Its Smith

1 hour ago, spudski said:

How would you know if you aren't on Twitter Dave...or is it just something some people have told you?

Twitter is the number one source of information that mainstream journalism and media use to get up to date, as it happens info. 

You just use your brain to ignore certain elements. You don't need to read comments. It's very simple. 

I'd say the Politics forum on here is worse as it's so magnified by a small minority. 

It's very skewed. 

People on both platforms read...but don't feel the need to comment. 

The Politics forum has very much a pile on attitude. 

Whilst not overly abusive...it has the benefit of the ignore option, which is great, as it weeds out the idiots incapable of discussion. 

Let's be honest Dave, the Politics forum would be far more active if it wasn't for a very vocal Blinkered beyond reason minority that pile on. 

I read links to it (although Mr Musk allows me to see less and less of it nowadays). I see reports on other websites which include links or screenshots. I read the stories of people who’ve been abused on it.

I really don’t think the politics forum on here compares, in the sense that the worst of Twitter is far worse than the worst of OTIB. For a start, OTIB is infinitely better moderated.
And I don’t find the politics forum any worse than the football forum matchday thread on a bad day! We all have a different view - that doesn’t mean anyone is ‘blinkered beyond reason’ - it just means they disagree with you! But even ‘blinkered beyond reason’ isn’t the same thing as abuse.

As you say, you can ‘ignore’……which in effect is what Tinnion has done - to bring this back to the point of the thread. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, italian dave said:

I read links to it (although Mr Musk allows me to see less and less of it nowadays). I see reports on other websites which include links or screenshots. I read the stories of people who’ve been abused on it.

I really don’t think the politics forum on here compares, in the sense that the worst of Twitter is far worse than the worst of OTIB. For a start, OTIB is infinitely better moderated.
And I don’t find the politics forum any worse than the football forum matchday thread on a bad day! We all have a different view - that doesn’t mean anyone is ‘blinkered beyond reason’ - it just means they disagree with you! But even ‘blinkered beyond reason’ isn’t the same thing as abuse.

As you say, you can ‘ignore’……which in effect is what Tinnion has done - to bring this back to the point of the thread. 

Re the Politics forum Dave. 

No one has a problem if people disagree. We just agree to disagree or as we do regularly debate in a good way. 

My point is, that although moderated it has become a place where only a few comment on. It would be a far more active place if certain individuals didn't act in a pack like mode. 

It's been commented on various times, and why lots of people avoid it. Those are the Blinkered beyond reason I speak of. 

12 hours ago, petehinton said:

This. He’s dished it out a bit to fans, and even chipped in earlier today biting on a tweet from a certain someone who (I believe) he made redundant from his role at the club. Now suddenly wants to take his ball and go home because people aren’t being nice to him 24/7. 

“The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment.”

I think the problem lies when the majority of the “interactions” become abusive. Why should he put himself up for that? It’s just football at the end of the day and no one should be forced to listen to some of the crap that comes from that cesspit

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, spudski said:

No one has a problem if people disagree. We just agree to disagree or as we do regularly debate in a good way. 

My point is, that although moderated it has become a place where only a few comment on. It would be a far more active place if certain individuals didn't act in a pack like mode. 

It's been commented on various times, and why lots of people avoid it. Those are the Blinkered beyond reason I speak of. 

On the odd occasion that I venture on there, if I share an opinion that is not the same as those people ill instantly get 10 notifications of people all saying the same thing. It puts you off going there. 

Also some of the comments that were made during the Huw Edwards stuff I can only describe as weird and concerning. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A bit odd he felt the need to announce it. All it does is draw attention to it. You could argue it's a bit unprofessional given his role. 

This is all i've taken from it really, unprofessional to announce it and personally think the 'see you in the Premier league' comment at the end is not only fairly delusional given where the footbaling side of things is at the moment but ultimately just puts needless pressure on himself and others at the football club - especially if it doesn't happen under Tinnion and the current management teams watch.

As you said unprofessional from Tinnion but i'd expect nothing less from him in all honesty.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

This is all i've taken from it really, unprofessional to announce it and personally think the 'see you in the Premier league' comment at the end is not only fairly delusional given where the footbaling side of things is at the moment but ultimately just puts needless pressure on himself and others at the football club - especially if it doesn't happen under Tinnion and the current management teams watch.

As you said unprofessional from Tinnion but i'd expect nothing less from him in all honesty.

It also indicates that there is clearly a bit of an "us vs them" mentality towards the fans from the board which is a bit of a concern. If they had total confidence in their actions over the last few weeks, there wouldn't be as they'd have total confidence they are going to get it right in the long term. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

59 minutes ago, spudski said:

And you think those ‘pile ons’ or that pack like approach doesn’t happen on the football forum? When, for example, someone expresses a view that the Lansdowns might not be a bad thing for the club, or that the sacking of NP wasn’t a bad decision? Or when Robbored gives us his views on Danny Wilson and Gary Johnson? Or andy082… hits us with a negative post on a matchday thread?!!

I think the main reason people don’t go there is that this is a Bristol City forum so by default it’s principally about football and for lots of people that’s what they come here for. Which is fine.

Anyway, I keep trying to pull this back to the point of the thread, which is football and Tinnion. And I just think it’s his right to leave Twitter if he wants to. And it’s not ‘unmanly’ to decide that you’ve had enough of personal abuse. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

On the odd occasion that I venture on there, if I share an opinion that is not the same as those people ill instantly get 10 notifications of people all saying the same thing. It puts you off going there. 

Also some of the comments that were made during the Huw Edwards stuff I can only describe as weird and concerning. 

I agree. 

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And you think those ‘pile ons’ or that pack like approach doesn’t happen on the football forum? When, for example, someone expresses a view that the Lansdowns might not be a bad thing for the club, or that the sacking of NP wasn’t a bad decision? Or when Robbored gives us his views on Danny Wilson and Gary Johnson? Or andy082… hits us with a negative post on a matchday thread?!!

I think the main reason people don’t go there is that this is a Bristol City forum so by default it’s principally about football and for lots of people that’s what they come here for. Which is fine.

Anyway, I keep trying to pull this back to the point of the thread, which is football and Tinnion. And I just think it’s his right to leave Twitter if he wants to. And it’s not ‘unmanly’ to decide that you’ve had enough of personal abuse. 

Again Dave...the football forum is active, regardless of disagreement. 

The difference with the Politics forum is it's not active, because of a minority that pile on regardless. It stops people joining the conversations. It's very obvious. Your blind if you can't see it mate. So many have mentioned it. 

As for Tinnion...how do we know he's left because of abuse? That's been assumed. It could be for other reasons. 

From what I can see on Tinnions Twitter account with the replies and responses to tweets there have been no such thing as abuse, criticism yes, but no abuse. 

I see it as the club refusing to be held accountable for the bad decisions they make so they are just shying away from it. What a snake.

• Like 1

I agree. 

Again Dave...the football forum is active, regardless of disagreement. 

The difference with the Politics forum is it's not active, because of a minority that pile on regardless. It stops people joining the conversations. It's very obvious. Your blind if you can't see it mate. So many have mentioned it. 

As for Tinnion...how do we know he's left because of abuse? That's been assumed. It could be for other reasons. 

Doesn’t really answer my point though….there are ‘pile ons’ here too. And, as you say, still active.

My viewpoint, my experience, is that most people don’t go there because they want to talk about football - or because they’re not paid up. That may be a different viewpoint to yours, doesn’t make me “blind” though.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Was happy to dish it out and act Billy big time on there when things were going well, but couldn’t handle a bit of pressure and scrutiny. 

Has BT turned into MA?

This is the key thing for me!

Like others have done, I've had a search and there's very little he's actually been sent and I wouldn't say any of it constituted abuse. (Unsure if he has his Private Messages Open)

His Burns tweet yesterday was odd and very antagonistic given the current circumstances and Complaints about lack of spending and money not being reinvested. The whole communication coming from the club recently has been so out of touch and lacking in genuine empathy and understanding as to what it's like to be a supporter.

Yesterday felt like 'I'm right, you're all wrong, it's my ball and I'm going home', they've all created a rod for their own backs and genuinely concerned we've now been set up to fail. (Not intentionally I must add!)

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Doesn’t really answer my point though….there are ‘pile ons’ here too. And, as you say, still active.

My viewpoint, my experience, is that most people don’t go there because they want to talk about football - or because they’re not paid up. That may be a different viewpoint to yours, doesn’t make me “blind” though.

Have you had people say to you that they won't go on the Politics forum because of what I described? I have. 

Or others along the lines of ' it's not worth it, or you'd be mad to go on there, or it's bullied by a small minority'.  Again I have. 

I've never had anyone say that to me re the football forum. 

I was refering to you being blind to the minority pile ons if views are different. It's very very noticeable and why I question why you can't see it, as it's that obvious and commented on. 

How do you come to the conclusion that people don't go on there because they just want to talk football? I guess you've assumed that?

• Like 1

So at time when the powers at be have acknowledged that Communication with the fans hasn't been good enough, the sole remaining member of the leadership team that responds on social media decides to come off it?

I have no idea of what the club's plans are for the future, but the initial flurry of posts covering "Oh look here's Liam taking training again" seems to have tailed off.

Not sure of the communication strategy moving forward, but while we are moving towards another season of mid table mediocrity, will we still be pushing the mantra of hope and expectations of the current squad. Something tells me not, as then they themselves become accountable for the lack of investment in the squad given to NP.

Fun times ahead.....

18 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

This is the key thing for me!

Like others have done, I've had a search and there's very little he's actually been sent and I wouldn't say any of it constituted abuse. (Unsure if he has his Private Messages Open)

His Burns tweet yesterday was odd and very antagonistic given the current circumstances and Complaints about lack of spending and money not being reinvested. The whole communication coming from the club recently has been so out of touch and lacking in genuine empathy and understanding as to what it's like to be a supporter.

Yesterday felt like 'I'm right, you're all wrong, it's my ball and I'm going home', they've all created a rod for their own backs and genuinely concerned we've now been set up to fail. (Not intentionally I must add!)

Spot on.

6 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

So at time when the powers at be have acknowledged that Communication with the fans hasn't been good enough, the sole remaining member of the leadership team that responds on social media decides to come off it?

I have no idea of what the club's plans are for the future, but the initial flurry of posts covering "Oh look here's Liam taking training again" seems to have tailed off.

Not sure of the communication strategy moving forward, but while we are moving towards another season of mid table mediocrity, will we still be pushing the mantra of hope and expectations of the current squad. Something tells me not, as then they themselves become accountable for the lack of investment in the squad given to NP.

Fun times ahead.....

Also spot on.

12 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Fun times ahead.....

I genuinely think that the only thing that will save , maybe even part save ,  the hierarchy moving forward is obvious success on the pitch

Im not sure that I’ve ever seen or heard across a fanbase the overall anger , distaste , or disagreement with recent events or certainly a lot of key aspects of them (To various degrees but overall a high degree of feeling)

Im bemused as they actually appear to be shocked , but have quickly become aware of it

Their body language at the Fans Forum was 3 condemned men hauled to a public showing.

They have set themselves up - Obvious success or the heat will remain and increase , big ask , unless they have those crayons in their ears , they must be very twitchy 

Ive said a few times , I don’t just think it’s recent events , it’s been a build up from the Cotts implosion since (And probably seeds further back)

I was only thinking yesterday , .....all the talk of promotion ambitions....

.... Even if LM produced some miracle on the pitch in the next couple of years and got us promoted -

Look at our people in key positions at the club , the depth and quality , expertise , of the structure and management ......

Premier League ready ? .......... Jesus wept 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 7
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

I genuinely think that the only thing that will save , maybe even part save ,  the hierarchy moving forward is obvious success on the pitch

Im not sure that I’ve ever seen or heard across a fanbase the overall anger , distaste , or disagreement with recent events or certainly a lot of key aspects of them (To various degrees but overall a high degree of feeling)

Im bemused as they actually appear to be shocked , but have quickly become aware of it

Their body language at the Fans Forum was 3 condemned men hauled to a public showing.

Ive said a few times , I don’t just think it’s recent events , it’s been a build up from the Cotts implosion since (And probably seeds further back)

.... Even if LM produced some miracle on the pitch in the next couple of years and got us promoted -

Look at our people in key positions at the club , the depth and quality , expertise , of the structure and management ......

If we ever, by some miracle, got promoted to the Prem; we would probably have some quotes like "The money is a nice nest egg for the future" 🙄.

Jesus show some ambition as a board rather than through words. Actions and some actual financial investment would help. You can't just stand there and say "We should be doing this, or be in this position etc" whereas at the same time cutting budgets and the available funding for player purchases. How many mixed messages do you want to give?

14 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

"Be back when we're in the Premier League".

Ok Tins, right you are, enjoy your retirement etc etc.............

So when things look rosy then Brian ? 
I’ll come back to the trenches when the war is over. :disapointed2se:
I can see why Nigel fell out with this lot of lily livered, self important bunch of tossers. 
So day one in the Prem , Brian’s shiney new X account,  we get stuffed by West Ham  , does he flounce off again ? 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

I could accept the getting off of twitter, mental health and social media can really go against each other but the comment of "see you in the Premier League" just said everything, he's too arrogant to accept any criticism and being as he's in such a high position in the club and we already have this issue with the Lansdowns it's clear to see that Tinnion and the Lansdowns will never care what the fans think as "they know best", the truth is they don't and they're not strong enough to accept that they don't have the answers.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, spudski said:

Have you had people say to you that they won't go on the Politics forum because of what I described? I have. 

Or others along the lines of ' it's not worth it, or you'd be mad to go on there, or it's bullied by a small minority'.  Again I have. 

I was refering to you being blind to the minority pile ons if views are different. It's very very noticeable and why I question why you can't see it, as it's that obvious and commented on. 

How do you come to the conclusion that people don't go on there because they just want to talk football? I guess you've assumed that?

Any chance we could keep this thread about football?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes, it's a laughable thought. Marshall, Jon Lansdown and Tinnion. Zero charisma, zero leadership, all three abysmal public speakers and communicators. Which out of those three says to you the club at management/board level is Premier League ready??

It's a minor miracle we're competing in the Championship, all considered. 

• Like 16
  • Flames 2

Yes, I’ve seen the posts you have. 

No I haven’t assumed anything: I’ve also seen at least as many posts from people saying that they come here to talk football not politics and/or that they have no interest in politics.

And the third group - I think I’m right in saying that you have to be a paying subscriber to get access to the politics pages - would take a lot of people out.

Im not saying it’s any single one of those reasons. It’s a mixture. And probably others.

Back to football (again!). Do you think Tinnion is ‘unmanly’ for deciding he’s had enough? 

Edited by italian dave