IGNORED

Tinnion Leaves Twitter

And Its Smith

2 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

I think he’s done that on purpose, which in fairness would be pretty funny.

Just now, Davefevs said:

I don’t think he’s lost any pace, in other games he’s latched into stuff and outpaced his opponent.

Wonder if he’s winding people up?

I think you’re both crediting him with more intelligence than he has. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I find it strange that BT, or the wider academy, can’t have credit for players who joined later in their career path. Surely there is something to be said that we have kept our eyes and academy open to the best talent, including those late developers - of which there are so many. Pring, AS x 2, credit should be given that the academy spotted their talent and moved them forward quickly, the pathway was critical for all of them (Pring debatable on how he was treated by LJ). To try and pick apart the performance of our academy right now is just trying to fit an agenda, clearly it is producing. 

• Like 4

On 02/01/2024 at 07:48, RollsRoyce said:

He will be taking the credit for Semenyo next 

Semenyo was spotted by Dave Hockaday, the former Forest Green Manager who went to Leeds. It was then Mark Ashton who was reluctant to bring him to City. 

Hockaday, the former Leeds United manager who now works as Head of Football at the South Gloucestershire and Stroud College (SGS), spotted Semenyo's talent when nobody else believed in him. Even Semenyo had lost some belief in himself that his promising football career was slowly falling by the wayside - his unique talent going to waste.

"(Ex-City CEO) Mark Ashton had heard through the grapevine that I had a player and I'd worked with Mark as first-team coach at Watford. So he basically made the decision that Antoine wasn't to leave the building without signing for City because every pro team that we played wanted to sign him.

On 01/01/2024 at 10:47, Port Said Red said:

I know nothing about Twitter other than what others tell me, but is it not common for people to take a break, especially when they are taking abuse?

Did he take a break because of abuse tho? That's not how I remember it. 

He took a break because he couldn't handle the valid criticisms. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

9 pages - how many times can a bloke leave X (Formally Known as Twitter)?  🤣

The answer to the question is 'as many times as he joins'.

When I left Twitter, I deleted my account. If BT hasn't done this, then he hasn't actually left.

1 hour ago, ciderwithtommy said:

I find it strange that BT, or the wider academy, can’t have credit for players who joined later in their career path. Surely there is something to be said that we have kept our eyes and academy open to the best talent, including those late developers - of which there are so many. Pring, AS x 2, credit should be given that the academy spotted their talent and moved them forward quickly, the pathway was critical for all of them (Pring debatable on how he was treated by LJ). To try and pick apart the performance of our academy right now is just trying to fit an agenda, clearly it is producing. 

Agree with your last sentence but this is about some people giving Tinnion credit for producing Scott and Semenyo.

On 02/01/2024 at 12:38, Harry said:

Indeed. 
Semenyo was a recommendation from someone at SGS. 
A city fan, no less. So again, kinda dropped into our lap. 

As for Pring who’s also been mentioned, he was playing for Cheltenham’s academy and we signed him at age 18 on the recommendation of another City season ticket holder. 

We won’t getting anyone out of SGS anytime soon, either, unless some reconciling has happened over the last 6 months. Get a gem like Semenyo out of them, proceed to have a falling out over facilities with them afterwards. Class. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

We won’t getting anyone out of SGS anytime soon, either, unless some reconciling has happened over the last 6 months. Get a gem like Semenyo out of them, proceed to have a falling out over facilities with them afterwards. Class. 

You're acting like SGS has always been generous towards City, Hockaday certainly did little to help City including inviting a friend of his who was head of academy at a Cat 1 side to come watch a player City had agreed to offer a deal to. SGS made a tidy sum off City for doing very little on the basis they couldn't really go anywhere else. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

I think he’s going through a bit of raw time but that chance early in second half when it was between him and defender bearing down on goal showed his lack of pace and shows how much we need pace in our attack NOW 

He's a nice lad Conway, as is Bell. Not ruthless enough imo, a nasty striker like Akinbiyi or Lita would have smashed that as soon as they had sight on goal

21 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

You're acting like SGS has always been generous towards City, Hockaday certainly did little to help City including inviting a friend of his who was head of academy at a Cat 1 side to come watch a player City had agreed to offer a deal to. SGS made a tidy sum off City for doing very little on the basis they couldn't really go anywhere else. 

Pre or post Semenyo being handed to us?

24 minutes ago, 2015 said:

He's a nice lad Conway, as is Bell. Not ruthless enough imo, a nasty striker like Akinbiyi or Lita would have smashed that as soon as they had sight on goal

Agree you have to work keeper not try and wait for perfection 

10 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Amazing how you think that. Would have thought it blindingly obvious Conway and Bell are chalk and cheese, personality-wise.  

I mean in the sense that on the pitch they both come across as not ruthless enough at times, needs to be much more aggressive imo.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think he’s lost any pace, in other games he’s latched into stuff and outpaced his opponent.

Wonder if he’s winding people up?

Of course he is . 
And even if he isn’t why are so many judgmental of someone who’s spent his whole life playing football and not reading books ? 
I’ve been lucky enough to have done both but God help me if I make a grammatical error or spelling mistake. 
The ridicule going around by the ‘nice’ people of OTIB would be enough to make anyone hideaway . 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, redapple said:

Of course he is . 
And even if he isn’t why are so many judgmental of someone who’s spent his whole life playing football and not reading books ? 
I’ve been lucky enough to have done both but God help me if I make a grammatical error or spelling mistake. 
The ridicule going around by the ‘nice’ people of OTIB would be enough to make anyone hideaway . 

Completely agree.

It's pretty pathetic to be honest.

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I can answer that, with something I posted on the Finn Azaz thread on the transfer forum.

You may notice that we appear to have been in for Azaz - which I’m pleased about, very good player. However, to be in for Azaz, and as rumoured Twine, we appear to have money to spend. That money came from Scott being sold. That money came from the work Pearson did. And if Jon Lansdown wanted to sack Nigel Pearson, with the input of his technical director Brian Tinnion, I can accept that. As we’ve been told, it’s their club.

But what I can’t accept, and what no city fan should accept, is wilful sabotage of this season because they didn’t like the manager and didn’t have the balls to sack him in the summer. So they said there were no funds, we ran on fumes for half a season then magically funds became available having not been generated since the point we were told there were none.

He lied to you. He was part of a wilful sabotage of our chances this season. So I’ll be judgemental of our “club legend”. Because if he cared about Bristol City Football Club he wouldn’t have been complicit in this shitshow. 

Apparently we bid £2.5m for Azaz and agreed terms. Not sure how that information came to light…….

55 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I can answer that, with something I posted on the Finn Azaz thread on the transfer forum.

You may notice that we appear to have been in for Azaz - which I’m pleased about, very good player. However, to be in for Azaz, and as rumoured Twine, we appear to have money to spend. That money came from Scott being sold. That money came from the work Pearson did. And if Jon Lansdown wanted to sack Nigel Pearson, with the input of his technical director Brian Tinnion, I can accept that. As we’ve been told, it’s their club.

But what I can’t accept, and what no city fan should accept, is wilful sabotage of this season because they didn’t like the manager and didn’t have the balls to sack him in the summer. So they said there were no funds, we ran on fumes for half a season then magically funds became available having not been generated since the point we were told there were none.

He lied to you. He was part of a wilful sabotage of our chances this season. So I’ll be judgemental of our “club legend”. Because if he cared about Bristol City Football Club he wouldn’t have been complicit in this shitshow. 

absolutely perfectly written SD.  Ive kept my feelings quiet about BT as im no where near as good with words as many on here. i dont now mind admitting that i cant stand the sight of him anymore after reading your comment

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

It is interesting that since the previous manager was told our wage budget was "maxed out" by the Senior Leadership team they have authorised:

Sam Bell signing a new contract presumably on improved terms

Salaries of a new manager and staff whilst the sacked manager and staff are being paid settlements

Contract offers to three new younger players which have been accepted

A £2.5m bid and agreed terms for Azaz and having been told no thanks "we move onto the next one" apparently

All of the above are facts not even conjecture (a prominent figure of the hierarchy appears to have confirmed on X in a DM to a fan that the last one is a fact anyway - assuming it wasn't a photoshop, which would be a bizarre thing to do, that really would be the professional way to run a football club............)

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

It is interesting that since the previous manager was told our wage budget was "maxed out" by the Senior Leadership team they have authorised:

Sam Bell signing a new contract presumably on improved terms

Salaries of a new manager and staff whilst the sacked manager and staff are being paid settlements

Contract offers to three new younger players which have been accepted

A £2.5m bid and agreed terms for Azaz and having been told no thanks "we move onto the next one" apparently

All of the above are facts not even conjecture (a prominent figure of the hierarchy appears to have confirmed on X in a DM to a fan that the last one is a fact anyway - assuming it wasn't a photoshop, which would be a bizarre thing to do, that really would be the professional way to run a football club............)

In fairness the contract extension of Belly and Zak (01.09) were probably part of the budget allowed.

But your other points are true.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think this is a very valid post, pretty much spot on

I'm not defending anyone, perhaps more devils advocate, but what say would Tins have had in the decision to not grant Nige transfer funds and ultimately, influence his sacking?  Genuinely curious

• Thanks 1