IGNORED

Tinnion Leaves Twitter

And Its Smith

Just now, Natchfever said:

Very interesting but again who has he brought through?

I suspect anyone would have come to the same conclusion.

Scott was handed to us.

Okay so he had no involvement with us bringing Alex Scott to the club even though the above says otherwise.

Football is about relationships, who's to guarantee that if someone else was in BT's position we would of signed him.

To give him no credit is bizarre and seems driven by some weird agenda.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Okay so he had no involvement with us bringing Alex Scott to the club even though the above says otherwise.

Football is about relationships, who's to guarantee that if someone else was in BT's position we would of signed him.

You don’t think the Guernsey relationship was developed by Steve Lansdown then, the Guernsey resident owner? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Sorry I give him no credit for Scott. 

I accept that what I see and hear about Tinnion I dont like.

If thats an agenda then fair enough but presumably his reward of elevation way above his cv is due to more than being handed a single gem so presumably he was instrumental in developing other players and using his extensive network of relationships before they got near Pearson who im guessing would trust his own staffs judgement over and above Tinnions so such players would essentially have been shoe ins who werent developed by the Academy.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

You don’t think the Guernsey relationship was developed by Steve Lansdown then, the Guernsey resident owner? 

Yes but..

Doesn't really change what I've said. You can't say he had no involvement with bringing Alex through when he literally was the person who picked up the phone to Tony Vance and gave him a trial.

I can't be clearer.

Edited by RedRoss

8 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Yes but..

Doesn't really change what I've said. You can't say he had no involvement with bringing Alex through when he literally was the person who picked up the phone to Tony Vance and gave him a trial.

I can't be clearer.

And I can’t be any clearer when I say that it wasn’t a “relationship” that was established by Tinnion. 

You said it was about relationships. Vance called Tinnion because Steve told him to. 

Edited by Harry

7 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Yes but..

I can't be clearer.

Do you not think Vance would have had a call with a fellow resident had Tinnion expressed disinterest?

Also what about the ither Guernsey lads is that all about Tinnion or his ultimate boss ?

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

And I can’t be any clearer when I say that it wasn’t a “relationship” that was established by Tinnion. 

You said it was about relationships. Vance called Tinnion because Steve told him to. 

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Do you not think Vance would have had a call with a fellow resident had Tinnion expressed disinterest?

Also what about the ither Guernsey lads is that all about Tinnion or his ultimate boss ?

Right okay, so you have to be the initial person who built the relationship. Nobody else can build onto the relationship thereafter.

Weird in my line of work I have clients that my company established way before my involvement however I seem to have a good relationship I'm currently maintaining..

You both seem to know a much greater amount of detail than me on how Scott was brought into the club. Perhaps you can share how you know exactly.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Right okay, so you have to be the initial person who built the relationship. Nobody else can build onto the relationship thereafter.

Weird in my line of work I have clients that my company established way before my involvement however I seem to have a good relationship I'm currently maintaining..

You both seem to know a much greater amount of detail than me on how Scott was brought into the club. Perhaps you can share how you know exactly.

No one is suggesting that BT doesn’t have a relationship NOW, but for the Scott deal, this was SL’s links. 
And it was the Scott deal which we were talking about, no? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Harry said:

No one is suggesting that BT doesn’t have a relationship NOW, but for the Scott deal, this was SL’s links. 

He will be taking the credit for Semenyo next 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Where does it say in that quote from Tony Vance that he called Steve before calling Tins? You've added that bit in going on about he's the one who initially set up the relationship with Guernsey FC. That's why I asked if you know more detail explain.

It's fine if you don't want to attribute anything to Tins for that deal. I feel differently as that's what Tony Vance has quoted himself.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

This academy thing is a myth. Is our academy really that good just because we progress players? Scott and Semenyo came in late and were the exceptions, Vyner has taken years and was on verge of being sold to lower league until Nige transformed him, Pring is decent, but the rest, leave a lot to be desired. 

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

This academy thing is a myth. Is our academy really that good just because we progress players? Scott and Semenyo came in late and were the exceptions, Vyner has taken years and was on verge of being sold to lower league until Nige transformed him, Pring is decent, but the rest, leave a lot to be desired. 

I don't think Conway is half as good as what our fans make him out to be. If he was not an academy product he would be getting slated for his recent performances on here. It's hugely frustrating how we treat our academy players different to the rest of our squad as a fanbase.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Ah, yes but the snake has clearly stated that there are even better players in the year groups behind. All will be revealed when he returns to twitter and we are in the Prem.

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Depends on what metric you judge success.  Our youth development seems the best it’s ever been in my living memory.  It consistently delivers first team/squad players. 

So if the metric is “historical performance” it’s doing well.  I’d be interested to see the stats for other championship clubs in terms of their pathways, to me that is an important baseline to measure against. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I don't think Conway is half as good as what our fans make him out to be. If he was not an academy product he would be getting slated for his recent performances on here. It's hugely frustrating how we treat our academy players different to the rest of our squad as a fanbase.

Conway, like Scott will be even better with better players around him. At the moment he is being played in the wrong position / formation and hasn't even got any half decent scraps to feed off.

Conway of last season would have hit that second half through ball first time. The keeper was miles out and struggling to get back. A first time effort on target would have gone in imo.

• Like 1

I think Conway is a good striker, whether he came through academy or not.

Are we currently getting the best out of him?  No.

Is he playing crap?  No.  He needs service.

LM himself said that we will create different chances for him than he was getting last season (ie from crosses / pull-backs, etc).  The last couple of games we’ve not created much for him at all.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Where does it say in that quote from Tony Vance that he called Steve before calling Tins? You've added that bit in going on about he's the one who initially set up the relationship with Guernsey FC. That's why I asked if you know more detail explain.

It's fine if you don't want to attribute anything to Tins for that deal. I feel differently as that's what Tony Vance has quoted himself.

Ok. Let’s ask this question :

Would Tinnion have had a conversation with the Guernsey FC manager (a team at the same level as Cribbs but based hundreds of miles away off the coast of France) if a partnership had not already been established by SL? 
The answer of course is no  

Anyway - here’s the link to the article confirming SL and TV setting up the link in Dec 16.

https://guernseypress.com/sport/2016/12/01/official-link-between-guernsey-and-bristol-city-announced/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think Conway is a good striker, whether he came through academy or not.

Are we currently getting the best out of him?  No.

Is he playing crap?  No.  He needs service.

LM himself said that we will create different chances for him than he was getting last season (ie from crosses / pull-backs, etc).  The last couple of games we’ve not created much for him at all.

There has been a definite drop off in TC contribution, he is being hamstrung by the instruction to stay central, and the only opportunity he had yesterday which was provided by a rare Millwall error showed how off his game he is, the lad needs to be more involved to keep sharp, doing shuttles across the penalty box is not the best use of his talent.

4 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

Indeed. 
Semenyo was a recommendation from someone at SGS. 
A city fan, no less. So again, kinda dropped into our lap. 

As for Pring who’s also been mentioned, he was playing for Cheltenham’s academy and we signed him at age 18 on the recommendation of another City season ticket holder. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 02/01/2024 at 12:32, Countryfile said:

There has been a definite drop off in TC contribution, he is being hamstrung by the instruction to stay central, and the only opportunity he had yesterday which was provided by a rare Millwall error showed how off his game he is, the lad needs to be more involved to keep sharp, doing shuttles across the penalty box is not the best use of his talent.

Think TC may also have lost something post what was his 2nd medium term injury in a calendar year.

On 01/01/2024 at 20:58, RedRoss said:

Well whoever bought him to the club (I believe SL), he went straight into the academy under academy director..... Gary Probert, now at Ipswich. BT became academy director in October 2021 by which time he was a full time member of the first team squad under Nige.

• Thanks 1

On 02/01/2024 at 07:48, RollsRoyce said:

Brian Tinnion was involved in setting up a training partnership with SGS, and SGS ran a development team for City. SGS including Semenyo beat City U18's.

Being a partner of SGS has been of benefit to BCFC. 

• Thanks 1

On 02/01/2024 at 09:58, 2015 said:

I think he’s going through a bit of raw time but that chance early in second half when it was between him and defender bearing down on goal showed his lack of pace and shows how much we need pace in our attack NOW 

• Like 1

Just now, Topper 123 said:

I think he’s going through a bit of raw time but that chance early in second half when it was between him and defender bearing down on goal showed his lack of pace and shows how much we need pace in our attack NOW 

Has he lost some pace given the 2 medium term injuries in a year, do you think?

Bound to have an effect IMO.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Has he lost some pace given the 2 medium term injuries in a year, do you think?

Bound to have an effect IMO.

I don’t think he’s lost any pace, in other games he’s latched into stuff and outpaced his opponent.

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It doesn’t even make sense as a sentence even if he’d spelt “Technician” right. Absolute belter.

Wonder if he’s winding people up?

• Like 1