IGNORED

Tinnion Leaves Twitter

And Its Smith

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

Ffs we win back to back games and he comes back 🤣🤣🤣

Or maybe because it’s Xmas.

Very sad the attitude towards a playing legend, this shouldn’t be happening. Whatever he’s done or hasn’t done, his involvement in Nigel’s sacking etc, the ultimate responsibility is those that allowed it to happen, and especially allowed it to happen in the way it did.

Happy Xmas Tinns.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 4

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

Or maybe because it’s Xmas.

Very sad the attitude towards a playing legend, this shouldn’t be happening. Whatever he’s done or hasn’t done, his involvement in Nigel’s sacking etc, the ultimate responsibility is those that allowed it to happen, and especially allowed it to happen in the way it did.

Happy Xmas Tinns.

1. Not a legend.

2. Fully involved in shafting Pearson.

3. Stealing a living in his inflated role.

GFY Tinns

Edited by Natchfever
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

It’s quite simple for me in that you’ve made a huge statement about coming off X so just honour your word & stay off.  If he wanted to wish everyone a Happy Xmas then do on the video released this morning. Not great judgement to come back on so soon after the dramatic exit.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

Just now, petehinton said:

He’s back tweeting again about youth prospects, and has deleted the tweet where he announced he was leaving the app. What a soap opera 🤣🤣

FWIW I’m glad he’s returned, think it’s a good look for your TD to engage through Twitter and keep us up to date on things.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Jesus. Is he a 50 something bloke or a 13 year old child?

Being 50 doesnt stop you acting like a child sadly. Im 50 and I do it on a daily basis. Everyone just needs to be a bit nicer as all of the negativity towards individuals people disagree with is getting out of hand in my view. If he wants to have a twitter meltdown and come back on then let him. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Being 50 doesnt stop you acting like a child sadly. Im 50 and I do it on a daily basis. Everyone just needs to be a bit nicer as all of the negativity towards individuals people disagree with is getting out of hand in my view. If he wants to have a twitter meltdown and come back on then let him. 

But are you in an extremely high profile role at an organisation whose public perception is of high value?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

True.

But I’m also willing to bet that you’re not one of the most senior people in a multi million pound organisation where communication with stakeholders (fans) is key.

Petulance can’t be in his job description. It wouldn’t be for other organisations of a similar size.

10 hours ago, the1stknowle said:

The epitaph for the whole of OTIB. 

You might well have a point but there would also be an argument to say that just because a load of 50 year old nobodies act like 13 year olds on OTIB it doesn’t excuse the highly salaried Technical Director of a “top end” Championship Football Club to behave in the same way on social media 🤷

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

True.

But I’m also willing to bet that you’re not one of the most senior people in a multi million pound organisation where communication with stakeholders (fans) is key.

Petulance can’t be in his job description. It wouldn’t be for other organisations of a similar size.

In an ideal World you would think so 😉👍...but look at the behaviour of people in politics, Government, World leaders, people high up in business or own large businesses. People with authority. The way they speak, behave, act...often it reflects very childish behaviour and that not fit for purpose or how the ' common man' thinks or expects them to behave. 

Its often the people working under or behind these people that aren't in the public eye, that are the ones doing it ' properly '. 

It struck me, when the emails and messages were revealed by the Government recently on various issues surrounding COVID, in the language that was used between one another. Stupidly in my head I'd imagined they'd speak to one another more professionally, when in reality it read more like a bunch of mates larking about having a laugh. 

• Like 6

In one sense, who cares, social media isn't real life.

It is a bit embarrassing though to say "I'm off, see you when we're in the Premier league" and be back less than a month later after we win 3 games. 

Consistent with the way our club has been run? Impulsive: big gestures, pronouncements and grand plans that change very quickly. 

Does feel quite amateurish with people who publicly out themselves as being quite so daft steering the ship.

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

In an ideal World you would think so 😉👍...but look at the behaviour of people in politics, Government, World leaders, people high up in business or own large businesses. People with authority. The way they speak, behave, act...often it reflects very childish behaviour and that not fit for purpose or how the ' common man' thinks or expects them to behave. 

Its often the people working under or behind these people that aren't in the public eye, that are the ones doing it ' properly '. 

It struck me, when the emails and messages were revealed by the Government recently on various issues surrounding COVID, in the language that was used between one another. Stupidly in my head I'd imagined they'd speak to one another more professionally, when in reality it read more like a bunch of mates larking about having a laugh. 

Quite true.

I once had the pleasure of meeting a very senior member of Debenhams when they were a very profitable organisation, the bloke was an absolute ****, and stone cold sober behaved like a petulant child.

Isn’t there a saying about being promoted one level above your ability?

I love the double standards on here.

In this topic alone he's been branded a coward, unprofessional, pathetic, childish, a snake and many more things. That's just on here! I would say however divisive and sometimes personal it gets on here, its usually more divisive and personal on twitter or FB.

With the anonymity of social media I'm sure he's received horrible abuse from so called fans. He comes off twitter likely because of the abuse when it was at its height after Nige's departure and losing a couple of games and that's a problem?

I understand being in a professional football capacity does expose you to unfavourable opinions especially when things aren't going well but that doesn't mean he essentially needs to be a punching bag when fans aren't happy.

I would also like to know what has Tinnion done specifically that is 100% accurate (not hearsay) and known that he has done personally that means he deserves any sort of abuse?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Isn’t there a saying about being promoted one level above your ability?

Yes, the Peter Principle ie a tendency in most organizational hierarchies for employees to rise through promotion until they reach a level of maximum incompetence.

Not something that applies to our Technical Director or Chairman of course. 😇

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW I’m glad he’s returned, think it’s a good look for your TD to engage through Twitter and keep us up to date on things.

I know nothing about Twitter other than what others tell me, but is it not common for people to take a break, especially when they are taking abuse?

• Like 1

Yes taking a break is fair enough. But he made a song and dance about it, and said his break would end when we reached the Premier League (presumably with a big fat "I told you so"). Instead he's come back after 3 wins that have us back more or less where we were before he and JL sacked Pearson

• Like 6