IGNORED

Senior Reds today, guest Jon Lansdown

Galley is our king

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

As above, said a few very noncommittal words and then went into a Q and A.

The Hen and chicken it was not!

First question about the accounts and when would they be published?

Answer.... they are being bought into line and published with the other members of the group, no idea when that would be.

Second question. Could you please explain why Phil Alexander left the football club? 

Answer..... We felt things weren't going as well as we expected, nothing particular and Brian Tinnion was growing into the role.

Third question. Do you feel that you should listen to the opinions of experienced supporters when making big decisions like changing managers? (Some clapping).

Answer.... we can't consult on everything but everything we do is in the best interests of the club.

Forth question. Now Liam Manning is here, what do you consider to be a successful season?

Answer.... well there are an awful lot of points still to play for so we are looking for progression.

When pressed he said TOP 10!!!!!

Fifth question. Do you understand the disappointment that the fan base currently feel about the current board of directors.

Answer.... well you can't please everyone and I'd like to think many do support us.

There were other important questions about lighting in the stadium during evening games, music too loud and giving the opposition an advantage by then having the Atyeo stand. Sorry if I missed any others, please add!!!

Don't think he enjoyed this at all so it was ended although there were others wanting to ask further questions.

My second question would have been.... If you consider 10th to be a successful season why did you sack a manager when we were eleventh?

Worked well as everyone was too old to work for Bristol Sport.......

Was there any explanation of that? What exactly is his role? Technical Director and CEO? ??

• Like 2

Fantastic, and thank you for posting.

I'm glad to see a better standard of Questions and Answers than the big waste of an opportunity that was the Fans Forum.

Top 10 isn't an unreasonable goal and think we were on track to push for it under NP personally.

Accounts bit sounds all a bit vague and chaotic from him and the hierarchy although the structure looks poor now and tbh most clubs haven't published yet so we are in line.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Answer.... they are being bought into line and published with the other members of the group, no idea when that would be.

Second question. Could you please explain why Phil Alexander left the football club? 

Answer..... We felt things weren't going as well as we expected, nothing particular and Brian Tinnion was growing into the role.

Third question. Do you feel that you should listen to the opinions of experienced supporters when making big decisions like changing managers? (Some clapping).

Answer.... we can't consult on everything but everything we do is in the best interests of the club.

Forth question. Now Liam Manning is here, what do you consider to be a successful season?

Answer.... well there are an awful lot of points still to play for so we are looking for progression.

Fifth question. Do you understand the disappointment that the fan base currently feel about the current board of directors.

Answer.... well you can't please everyone and I'd like to think many do support us.

There were other important questions about lighting in the stadium during evening games, music too loud and giving the opposition an advantage by then having the Atyeo stand. Sorry if I missed any others, please add!!!

Don't think he enjoyed this at all so it was ended although there were others wanting to ask further questions.

My second question would have been.... If you consider 10th to be a successful season why did you sack a manager when we were eleventh?

Thanks G. Great update and appreciated. 

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Translated: We don't really care much about what the fans think, it's our club and therefore we decide who is in charge, not you fans. To hell with those supporters who disagree with the decisions we make.

In fairness, it’s an improvement when he dismisses fans views as “noise”.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Translated: We don't really care much about what the fans think, it's our club and therefore we decide who is in charge, not you fans. To hell with those supporters who disagree with the decisions we make.

Are there clubs in the PL & EFL who don’t own the club but do choose their managers ahead of their board? 

Forest for example, as much as what Cooper did for them and singing his name from the stands, most are actually pleased he’s been replaced.

Edited by CityReds
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fantastic, and thank you for posting.

I'm glad to see a better standard of Questions and Answers than the big waste of an opportunity that was the Fans Forum.

Top 10 isn't an unreasonable goal and think we were on track to push for it under NP personally.

Accounts bit sounds all a bit vague and chaotic from him and the hierarchy although the structure looks poor now and tbh most clubs haven't published yet so we are in line.

Supposed to be top 6 though aren’t we? It hasn’t taken him long to backtrack on his very shortsighted previous comments of top 6. Ambitious or naïve?

• Like 7

Just now, Red white and red said:

Supposed to be top 6 though aren’t we? It hasn’t taken him long to backtrack on his very shortsighted previous comments of top 6. Ambitious or naïve?

They should never have proclaimed top 6 and all that crap. Top 10 would've been reasonable NP or Manning.

That's not to say that if things hadn't gone really well and we had barely any injuries we couldn't sneak in, but the claims of Lansdown, Tinnion and in his sole interview Marshall were ridiculous.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Fab questions well just about sums him up and the answer of top 10 so why did we sack the manager then ...The bloke just doesn't give a toss.

Not sure your question about the music is to loud justified because that's what the system is for to create atmosphere and also health @safety and announcements it's supposed to clear clarity. Most stadiums have loud music but ours just sounds awful because it's crap 😂 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Dishonest? Bullshit? 

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Fab questions well just about sums him up and the answer of top 10 so why did we sack the manager then ...The bloke just doesn't give a toss.

Not sure your question about the music is to loud justified because that's what the system is for to create atmosphere and also health @safety and announcements it's supposed to clear clarity. Most stadiums have loud music but ours just sounds awful because it's crap 😂 

no it's too loud. If you can't talk to the person directly behind you, it's too loud.

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 8

I assume the Lighting thing is something imposed upon us or at least strongly recommended at the behest of our benign and all-knowing, illustrious Safety Advisory Group.

PA System and music, they have a back-up system for Emergencies don't they? They could ride it down, they could also turn it off 10-15 mins before kick-off to let a bit of atmosphere build naturally.

Atyeo Stand well it's easiest and most cost effective for the club isn't it. They won't publicly admit to it I expect.

One other bugbear of mine, reading the opposition side out first- or am I alone there. 🤣

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I assume the Lighting tjng is something imppsed upon us or at least strongly recommended at the behest of our benign and all-knowing, illustrious Safety Advisory Group.

PA System and music, they have a back-up system for Emergencies don't they? They could ride it down, they could also turn it off 10-15 mins before kick-off to let a bit of atmosphere build naturally.

Atyeo Stand well it's easiest and most cost effective for the club isn't it. They won't publicly admit to it I expect.

One other bugbear of mine, reading the opposition side out first- or am I alone there. 🤣

One of mine is playing OFTBC at the wrong time, they always play it too late. It should start as the teams come out not when they've lined up on the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

He is f'ing useless. He brushes over genuine concerns of supporters and is unable to deal with  factual questions like the question over the accounts. 

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, marmite said:

Not surprised he felt uncomfortable in front of real fans with unscripted questions.  Was he there alone? When I've seen him doing Q&A  before he usually has a sidekick as back-up.

No, on his own. I  expect he thought a bit of flattery at the start... " you must be our most loyal supporters" "So happy to see so many people here" etc but no, definitely didn't work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

He is f'ing useless. He brushes over genuine concerns of supporters and is unable to deal with  factual questions like the question over the accounts. 

He took a stronger role when SL moved to Guernsey didn't he. I'm not saying SL is brilliant by any stretch but..

Within 2.5 seasons we had slid to the bottom of League 1 and were on our 4th permanent manager of the period.

It doesn't seems like Jon Lansdown has especially improved almost a decade on.

Anything about the quality and stock issues with the merchandise?

• Like 1

Good summary, thank you.

The first question included why are the accounts overdue, which was incorrect as they’re not due for another 3 months I believe?

Also, I missed him including Brian Tinnion, and the context, in the Phil Alexander answer!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

One of mine is playing OFTBC at the wrong time, they always play it too late. It should start as the teams come out not when they've lined up on the pitch. 

Spot on.  Downsy should be quiet and just play City related music 10 mins before kick off.  At least we got rid of Seven Nation Army!

Another thing is why do we play RHCP over the video montage at the beginning of the match.  Play a Bristol City related song!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Spot on.  Downsy should be quiet and just play City related music 10 mins before kick off.  At least we got rid of Seven Nation Army!

Another thing is why do we play RHCP over the video montage at the beginning of the match.  Play a Bristol City related song!

I can answer that. Jon is a bit confused between the abbreviation for the band and the abbreviation for the training ground. 

• Haha 6

Steve Lansdown is a man I respect. He’s very honest and straightforward in his dealings with the fans and he has certain confidence and a powerful aura around him as many self made men do.

I certainly don’t have the same respect for our Chairman. For a start he’s not a self man man who’s created his own wealth and consequently doesn’t have the same confidence or aura that successful men have. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1