IGNORED

Senior Reds today, guest Jon Lansdown

Galley is our king

28 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

He is f'ing useless. He brushes over genuine concerns of supporters and is unable to deal with  factual questions like the question over the accounts. 

A club Chairman who has no idea when the accounts will be done?!

Maybe he would if they were done in crayon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I won't labour the point about the accounts or lack of as the case is right now but 2 things:

1) Statutory deadline- 9 months after period ends. Was end of May so end of February, extended a month therefore the end of March.

2) Internal deadline for EFL- 1st March, alongside the Projections for the current season.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Good summary, thank you.

The first question included why are the accounts overdue, which was incorrect as they’re not due for another 3 months I believe?

Also, I missed him including Brian Tinnion, and the context, in the Phil Alexander answer!

But iirc that's only because they changed the reporting date in the summer.

Don't have the filings to hand but I'm 99% that there were AA01 filings made in the summer to align accounting dates.

But that does mean they aren't out at the same time as previous years.

• Like 2

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

But iirc that's only because they changed the reporting date in the summer.

Don't have the filings to hand but I'm 99% that there were AA01 filings made in the summer to align accounting dates.

But that does mean they aren't out at the same time as previous years.

We often release them on the club site anyway around November, December time in recent years.

I appreciate this will be a 13 month period but it shouldn't be too difficult really.

34 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well done to our senior supporters for at least attempting to hold him to account, unlike that complete embarrassment at the Hen last month. 

Shame this one wasn't filmed so we could see him squirm. 

Well said. The bloke is a complete fraud. Done nothing whatsoever in life.
Silver spoon fed by daddy. He has no business accumen whatsoever, yet he is running Bristol City FC.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

@Ghost Rider

On the thread you posted you raised the point that despite the noise on here, there was a lack of negative questions aimed at Jon Lansdown and Tinnion at the Fans Forum.

Have you seen this thread? The OP kindly put out a transcript from Senior Reds..sounds like he got quite the grilling and rightly so.

Civilly done of course but doesn't come across all that well.

• Like 3

This clubs is an absolute farse how an earth has tinion became so influential 😂 he must be doing some serious ass licking! Jon is a mumbling mess Steve doesn't give a **** who's accountable down there what exactly is the roles just all seems like mates in the office tea biscuits all yes men all very cosy all nice it's a joke of an organisation no one holding anyone accountable or pushing for any kinda of excellence it just has a proper rotten feel to it all down there.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 5

What does Tinnion actually do in the role of CEO?

Seriously...he can't spell, so his adding up must be on Carol Vorderman levels to compensate 🤷🤯

When it comes to signings...is he involved in just the football side of things, or does he have involvement with players agents and contracts?

Or do we use our glorified accountant to do that?

So many questions...

I can't get my head around him doing this as well. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

58 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

This clubs is an absolute farse how an earth has tinion became so influential 😂 he must be doing some serious ass licking!

Correct.

He's just spent years telling the owner what he wants to hear.

2004:

In the owner's ear - "the players aren't training properly, Steve, cos too many of them are pissed. The manager's a liability, Steve, he's never here. I know better than him, Steve. We've got some great kids, we should be playing the kids, Steve. He should be picking Lita. I'll save you thousands Steve, no more paying half a million quid for pissheads like Peacock. I'll play the kids"

Ad infinitum, year after year. The more he repeated it, the higher up the food chain he climbed.

Just for telling the owner what he wanted to hear. "We've got great kids, Steve. Let's play the kids  it'll save you millions".

Nothing to do with earning promotion because he had proven qualities to do the job.

And 20 years later the same old baloney is still going strong.

2023:

In the owners ear - "the players aren't training properly, Steve, cos they're all having too much time off. The manager's a liability, Steve, he's never here. I know better than him, Steve. We've got some great kids, we should be playing the kids, Steve. He should picking (insert name of latest Academy lad he's bigging up). I'll save you thousands, Steve, no need to spend any of that Scott money. Let's play the kids".

The same old, same old.

And Guernsey just sucks it up, hook, line and sinker.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 5
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

As above, said a few very noncommittal words and then went into a Q and A.

The Hen and chicken it was not!

First question about the accounts and when would they be published?

Answer.... they are being bought into line and published with the other members of the group, no idea when that would be.

Second question. Could you please explain why Phil Alexander left the football club? 

Answer..... We felt things weren't going as well as we expected, nothing particular and Brian Tinnion was growing into the role.

Third question. Do you feel that you should listen to the opinions of experienced supporters when making big decisions like changing managers? (Some clapping).

Answer.... we can't consult on everything but everything we do is in the best interests of the club.

Forth question. Now Liam Manning is here, what do you consider to be a successful season?

Answer.... well there are an awful lot of points still to play for so we are looking for progression.

When pressed he said TOP 10!!!!!

Fifth question. Do you understand the disappointment that the fan base currently feel about the current board of directors.

Answer.... well you can't please everyone and I'd like to think many do support us.

There were other important questions about lighting in the stadium during evening games, music too loud and giving the opposition an advantage by then having the Atyeo stand. Sorry if I missed any others, please add!!!

Don't think he enjoyed this at all so it was ended although there were others wanting to ask further questions.

My second question would have been.... If you consider 10th to be a successful season why did you sack a manager when we were eleventh?

Worked well as everyone was too old to work for Bristol Sport.......

I do agree on some things he answered , as somebody who was a senior manager in my line of employment you can’t go round consulting everybody on big decisions as you will never please everyone , you need to have a eye for reading the room though . 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, redkev said:

I do agree on some things he answered , as somebody who was a senior manager in my line of employment you can’t go round consulting everybody on big decisions as you will never please everyone , you need to have a eye for reading the room though . 

Someone must of poked him in both eyes because he certainly didn't have the eye for reading the room 6 or 7 weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, spudski said:

What does Tinnion actually do in the role of CEO?

Seriously...he can't spell, so his adding up must be on Carol Vorderman levels to compensate 🤷🤯

When it comes to signings...is he involved in just the football side of things, or does he have involvement with players agents and contracts?

Or do we use our glorified accountant to do that?

So many questions...

I can't get my head around him doing this as well. 

It appears that the roles of DoF, CEO, Finance Officer, Operations Officer and Managing Football (above the Head-coach) are split between Tins, TR and GM.

I worry re accountability and responsibility with potential blurred lines.

I am astonished JL could not provide a better / more convincing answer recounts. I don’t expect him to give an exact date, but sounds like he just thinks he’s above answering questions. 

• Like 8

The funny thing about Tinnion.

The season he scraped us into 7th wirh a late rally, 4 places down on the prior 2 seasons.

His budget in 2004-05 was not at all dissimilar to Wilson's final season and he had the benefit of a 29 goal Lita finally emerging- what a fail!

Had nothing on his second season of course.. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We often release them on the club site anyway around November, December time in recent years.

I appreciate this will be a 13 month period but it shouldn't be too difficult really.

But I don't think we have ever released them prior to filing them at CH?

If Jon's reading this - the accounts are due by 31 March 2024 mate.

• Like 2

I’m glad there were a few questions that needed answering , rather the sycophantic garbage I witnessed before. 

Im just trying to forget anyone that isn’t in a red shirt for the foreseeable future and hope they all just disappear never to be seen again! (Trying not to be banned for swearing again. But if you don’t think I mean a well known Anglo Saxon term ending in ‘off’ then you would be wrong)

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Worry" is an understatement.  It's terrifying and unprecedented at this level of professional football.

Interviews for Nige's successor were carried out by Jon, his friend (Sean G), and Tinnion. 

They could accidentally appoint the next Pep, and it would still go wrong further down the line, because there is no accountability or footballing noise at the level required. 

The next fall guys will be Tinnion or Manning, or both, and the circus will simply roll on into the next town.

Tinnion will have a job for life, like Murray. Jobs for the boys FC, as I’ve said surprised Millen isn’t on the board, why not bring back Benny while we are at it.