IGNORED

Senior Reds today, guest Jon Lansdown

Galley is our king

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Ghost Rider

On the thread you posted you raised the point that despite the noise on here, there was a lack of negative questions aimed at Jon Lansdown and Tinnion at the Fans Forum.

Have you seen this thread? The OP kindly put out a transcript from Senior Reds..sounds like he got quite the grilling and rightly so.

Civilly done of course but doesn't come across all that well.

Finally, someone's asking thoughtful questions—nothing too demanding, but definitely a step up. It would've been awesome to get detailed answers instead of condensed sentences, but clearly that wasn't possible. I doubt he was only on stage for two minutes.

Many thanks to @Galley is our king for the info—it's truly appreciated. I'm really curious if a complete transcript of the answers will be released. Any word on that, @Galley is our king?

It's fantastic that important questions are being raised, and it's great to see JL becoming more visible. Credit where it's due!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Finally, someone's asking thoughtful questions—nothing too demanding, but definitely a step up. It would've been awesome to get detailed answers instead of condensed sentences, but clearly that wasn't possible. I doubt he was only on stage for two minutes.

Many thanks to @Galley is our king for the info—it's truly appreciated. I'm really curious if a complete transcript of the answers will be released. Any word on that, @Galley is our king?

It's fantastic that important questions are being raised, and it's great to see JL becoming more visible. Credit where it's due!

Bloody hell mate, it was a Christmas lunch! Obviously next time I'll take my Bloody secretary....

• Haha 17
  • Flames 2

Sounds like the exact same vibe as the hen & chicken then. Set the stall out early that there’s almost no point in even asking any questions, get shit answers regardless, go home thinking what’s the ******* point. 

I used to find genuine intrigue in this stuff, in hindsight due to how the manager or seniors spoke rather than anything actually club related, now I really couldn’t even care less if I tried. 

The levels of nepotism at this club in an operational capacity are the sole reason for the club’s malaise, and that stems from Steve. I’ve said it before and will say it again: we will never achieve anything under the Lansdowns. They don’t learn, think they are beyond reproach and double down on their own failed methods and appointments when the world around them is constantly changing. The fact Jon is heading this up is a joke. He’s a lying, arrogant, deluded c***, pure and simple.

Edited by tin
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Bloody hell mate, it was a Christmas lunch! Obviously next time I'll take my Bloody secretary....

FFS, I clearly wrote that it wasn't possible. All I said was that it would be good to hear what he actually said.

I quote - "It would've been awesome to get detailed answers instead of condensed sentences, but clearly that wasn't possible."

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

FFS, I clearly wrote that it wasn't possible. All I said was that it would be good to hear what he actually said.

I quote - "It would've been awesome to get detailed answers instead of condensed sentences, but clearly that wasn't possible."

And then said...."I'm really interested if a complete transcript of the answers will be released"

"Any word on that"?

So NO is the answer 

Just now, Galley is our king said:

And then said...."I'm really interested if a complete transcript of the answers will be released"

"Any word on that"?

So NO is the answer 

Thank you. I wasn't having a pop at all, I just wasn't sure if the club ever release any footage from these events or transcripts from the Q&A's? Surely it would make sense for the club to do that, as it would be of interest to the rest of us supports who aren't "senior". 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Are you expecting the answers to be quite different to what @Galley is our king has told us? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Thank you. I wasn't having a pop at all, I just wasn't sure if the club ever release any footage from these events or transcripts from the Q&A's? Surely it would make sense for the club to do that, as it would be of interest to the rest of us supports who aren't "senior". 

That is actually a good point.

Many thanks to Galley for the posting but the club should really be releasing minutes for this sort of thing, questions and answers with Senior Executives.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

No, of course not. Why on earth would you think that? 

Clearly it would be interesting to hear what he actually said wouldn't it? Or are you not interested in that? 

I’m happy with Galley’s report. This is Jon Lansdown we’re talking about, I don’t think he would have given long complex answers. 

• Like 2

Just now, ralphindevon said:

I’m happy with Galley’s report. This is Jon Lansdown we’re talking about, I don’t think he would have given long complex answers. 

Good governance of the club would suggest minutes or similar could be released.

It shouldn't necessarily need to be up to a fan to provide the transparency that the answers gave.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

Can this collection of buffoons and bozo’s get anything aligned?? 

One minute we have a top 10 budget, and then Tinnion is pushed on this on the radio and confirms it’s not. 
Next we make a managerial change because, and I quote “why wait - because we want to be at the top end of this division”. Now we’re happy with 10th! Which is kinda where we were anyway. 

We have a bloke in charge of everything that is “growing into it”. 
We have a chairman who doesn’t know when the accounts are due. 

And now we’ve got a player analyst, (whose responsibility is to watch videos of players and file scout reports on them) sitting in on the interviews for a new manager!!! 
The new manager should be coming in and telling the player analyst what HE wants, not the player analyst having a say in who the manager should be!! 
Imagine if you’re attending an interview for a senior manager role at Hargreaves Lansdown and they say “interviewing today will be the Chairman, the CEO and Dave from Accounts”.

The interviewee has been interviewed by a bloke who will be reporting to him!! Utter utter madness! 
There is no way in the world you should attend a job interview and be interviewed by the bloke who will be working UNDER you! That’s one of the most crackpot things I’ve heard - and they’ve done some bloody crackpot things!!  

Can anyone please confirm what Sean Gilhespy career path has looked like to date?

What are his credentials and qualifications for this role? What experience does he previously have in football?

Hard to find anything at all on the internet. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by redordead1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good governance of the club would suggest minutes or similar could be released.

It shouldn't necessarily need to be up to a fan to provide the transparency that the answers gave.

I think the Club see this kind of thing as "unofficial". But then I'm pretty sure they also count it as one of the EFL mandated meetings with fans - equivalent to the Hen & Chicken night...which would suggest that some sort of record should be made available to those fans who are younger than pensionable age.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think the Club see this kind of thing as "unofficial". But then I'm pretty sure they also count it as one of the EFL mandated meetings with fans - equivalent to the Hen & Chicken night...which would suggest that some sort of record should be made available to those fans who are younger than pensionable age.

It's a bit peculiar that most of the fanbase won't get access to a Q&A with our chairman simply because of age. It feels a bit... off, doesn't it?

Imagine if it was the other was around. Sorry, you're too old that have this information. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I’m glad there were a few questions that needed answering , rather the sycophantic garbage I witnessed before. 

Im just trying to forget anyone that isn’t in a red shirt for the foreseeable future and hope they all just disappear never to be seen again! (Trying not to be banned for swearing again. But if you don’t think I mean a well known Anglo Saxon term ending in ‘off’ then you would be wrong)

SOD off ? I'll raise you Dicks Out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Can anyone please confirm what Sean Gilhespy career path has looked like to date?

What are his credentials and qualifications for this role? What experience does he previously have in football?

Hard to find anything at all on the internet. 🤷‍♂️ 

“Talent ID” aka bit of player analysis with Jon (yes, Jon was in the scouting group back in the day) and another of Jon’s mates back in the day.  Jon’s mate doing another role in Bristol Sport these days, Sean stayed in recruitment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

It's a bit peculiar that most of the fanbase won't get access to a Q&A with our chairman simply because of age. It feels a bit... off, doesn't it?

Imagine if it was the other was around. Sorry, you're too old that have this information. 

I think it's more a transparency and governance thing, the club don't really like it very much these days it seems.

• Like 2