IGNORED

Birmingham City away match thread

Birmingham, like many other cities, has its less salubrious areas- St. Andrews just happens to be situated  in one of those. It's not somewhere I would choose to visit or linger in, let alone park after dark! The same would apply to Knowle West?

Birmingham is well worth a visit (outside of the football season?). Ozzy the Bull will greet you at New Street, some great Victorian  buildings (some great pubs included), parks like Cannon Hill, the canals and, of course, Bournville and Cadbury World!

Give it a try!

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, mason said:

Difference between; Sunderland currently on 36pts and top six and Brum 6 from bottom on 27pts, is a gap of only 9pts (3wins) so there are a lot of clubs that might be top six.

Anyone who can string a run of wins together can rapidly rise, also those who string a run of losses can dramaticaly fall.

Southampton and Liec look favs for returns to the top div any of rest could still join them.

I`d go for Leeds or Ipswich to join them atm unless JL gives Manning some back up with a cash injection then we could be playing either of them at Wembers

Yeah, the league is always tight.

Any run of form can push you up, or down dramatically.

It's nice to be up around the top 6 for a change though.!

6 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I'm gonna guess weimann and bell brought in and probaly James too if he is fit just to freshen the team up, we cannot afford to lose Sykes or mehmeti in current form to a long term injury. 

I really wouldn’t change anything. Mehmeti has just started to get into the run of games he’s been craving for months. 

Sykes is fit as you like.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I'm gonna guess weimann and bell brought in and probaly James too if he is fit just to freshen the team up, we cannot afford to lose Sykes or mehmeti in current form to a long term injury. 

Not sure Conway has produced a lot lately in open play, so could give Wells a run out.  It was Williams in for James that made the biggest overall impact, I thought.

After thumping Watford, it would be a shame to change the starting lineup though unless there are any fitness issues 

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not sure Conway has produced a lot lately, so could give Wells a run out.  It was Williams in for James that made the biggest overall impact, I thought.

After thumping Watford, it would be a shame to change the starting lineup though unless there are any fitness issues 

Conway does a hell of a lot of unseen work off the ball 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Conway does a hell of a lot of unseen work off the ball 

He runs around but is not that quick, his holdup play is weak and he wins very little in the air.  He is young though and will improve in these areas over time, but Wells has a bit more experience and guile.  

I would be happy with either starting TBH as both have their pros and cons 

Edited by wendyredredrobin
19 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He runs around but is not that quick, his holdup play is weak and he wins very little in the air.  He is young though and will improve in these areas over time, but Wells has a bit more experience and guile.  

I would be happy with either starting TBH as both have their pros and cons 

The runs around quote 🙄. He takes up positions /makes runs to not just get in himself but to drag defenders out of position for other runners 

• Like 2