IGNORED

Sid Out

Numero Uno

Another nepotistic appointment by the Lansdowns, who only give jobs for the boys. 

Look back over the last two decades and more, and it’s only Pulis and Richard Gould who’ve been head hunted by other employers while in post here.

That tells me all I need to know about their appointments and football knowledge. Beyond terrible. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 14
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The previous manager was stabbed in the back and you picked your manager to give us a "better chance of success", which is your prerogative if you feel Nige wasn't up to the job, yet we sit here on a dreadful run of NINE POINTS from TEN MATCHES including dismal defeats against 22nd and 23rd in the league. You have messed it up, the Lansdown's aren't going anywhere, Manning won't be going anywhere albeit is looking like a rabbit lost in the headlights and the standard of football is getting worse by the week after half a season in charge, so you have to fall on your sword Brian me old china. You've brought in a loan player who isn't up to the level, another loan player we won't be signing anyway and has only played 90 minutes and the season is deteriorating rapidly after you declared it wasn't good enough when nothing was really wrong. Let's get a Director of Football in with REAL experience and qualifications that are more than "used to play for the club", "messed up when managing the club" and "can run an Academy".

A lot to answer

But , I’d strongly suggest that both loan signings are %100 Liam Manning ‘signings’

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Jon Lansdown needs to **** off back to his yacht after he has fired Tinnion and announced a chairman that has a clue and who is not saddled with top six squad comment!

effing Manning on the radio saying he needs players that want to learn! My lord! 

• Like 8
  • Flames 3

18 minutes ago, tin said:

Another nepotistic appointment by the Lansdowns, who only give jobs for the boys. 

Look back over the last two decades and more, and it’s only Pulis and Richard Gould who’ve been head hunted by other employers while in post here.

That tells me all I need to know about their appointments and football knowledge. Beyond terrible. 

Mark Ashton?

Much as we justifiably hate him, Mark Ashton?

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Jon Lansdown needs to **** off back to his yacht after he has fired Tinnion and announced a chairman that has a clue and who is not saddled with top six squad comment!

effing Manning on the radio saying he needs players that want to learn! My lord! 

I’d suggest manning needs to learn and sharp ish

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

He’s starting to piss me off tbh. Nothing was broken when he took over, not inspiring maybe but it wasn’t broken and he’s doing his best to break it atm.

• Like 13
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Said it when Pearson was sacked and will say it again.  Not good enough. Tinnion has to go. General lack of intelligence to the man 

Sadly we’re stuck with him, get rid and they’d have to admit they’ve ****** up ( again) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

He’s starting to piss me off tbh. Nothing was broken when he took over, not inspiring maybe but it wasn’t broken and he’s doing his best to break it atm.

I don’t give out Spot ons lightly. But Spot On!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Great man management that is how to ruin players trust in one fall swoop.. Get the hint manning maybe they don't want to learn off you.!! 

Edited by Street red
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Just ask yourself, which other professional football club would choose Jon Lansdown for their Chairman or indeed Brian Tinnion as their Technical Director.

Or indeed Liam manning as head coach.

none of them have achieved anything in football, on or off the pitch 

lansdown only got the job due to being the owners son, no actual experience 

tinnion only got the job due to being a club ‘legend’, no actual experience 

manning only got the job due to the total incompetence of lansdown and tinnion, nothing in his cv whatsoever to suggest he has the ability or know-how to take an established championship side to the next level and now looks like a rabbit in the head lights 

‘kin total incompetence throughout the club

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

19 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Just ask yourself, which other professional football club would choose Jon Lansdown for their Chairman or indeed Brian Tinnion as their Technical Director.

Maybe League 2?

They are both rank amateurs and should not be in post.

Incompetence is one thing but they take it to a whole new level!

both are only in post to serve as lightning rods for the owner.

Steve Lansdown has had all the time in the world to prove himself, but has only managed to oversee mediocrity and indecision, with the added bonus that this rudderless ownership has saddled us with considerable debt (which we are somehow grateful that he supports??) sadly he thinks he is building a sporting dynasty in the form of Barcelona,  not so Steve, not so.

Step away.

• Like 8
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

Maybe League 2?

They are both rank amateurs and should not be in post.

Incompetence is one thing but they take it to a whole new level!

Exactly this. Loved watching Tinnion ping passes around against giants like Chesterfield and Port Vale back in the day.

But he has thoroughly blotted his copybook for me with the Pearson sacking/Manning appointment and the communication around that. The dramatic, toys-out-of-the-pram "I'm off twitter see you when we're in the Premier league" only to come back 2 weeks later didn't exactly help. Wasn't old enough to know the ins and outs of the Wilson sacking but have since come across one or two comments from Wilson's book that don't show him in the best light.

Really irritates me how, after having his chance as manager and really showing no aptitude for management at all, he seems to be back in a position of so much responsibility without ever having to go away and prove himself. It's hard to imagine another championship club (with "premier league aspirations") going within a million miles of him.

• Like 11
  • Flames 7