IGNORED

Sid Out

Numero Uno

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Combo of outspokenness against the summer window and his contract situation.  There were better ways to handle it.

That's an understatement :yes:

Common sense says see the season out , end of contract and no real issues with the fanbase . 
I doubt they could have handled it worse if they tried.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I absolutely totally agree with you. 

And your post is absolutely brilliant 👏 but a very depressing read because you've hit the nail on the head with every single point. 

Tins is well out of his depth. The fact that Jon said he's being primed for the CEO role just makes me want to puke up. 

The point I was trying to make is that BT does have some good qualities in youth development/scouting. But he certainly does not have the qualities important the role he has been placed in. 

Him Jon and Manning all need to go and we need to bring in proper football people.

What's the one thing Jon, BT and Manning all have in common? They have all fluked their way into these positions without any merit. 

I've heard it too, the only reason it hasn't happened yet is that he is still learning how to spell 'CEO'. Hopefully won't be as long as it took to spell 'Technical Director'

Edited by The Nest Egg
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That's an understatement :yes:

Common sense says see the season out , end of contract and no real issues with the fanbase . 
I doubt they could have handled it worse if they tried.

Pearson was doomed from the start really.  As with Cotterill he's not Steve's cup of tea so it was only ever a matter of time.  Sometimes I think SL can't cope with confrontational characters or it might be he's more comfortable dealing with corporate types that he's built his successful career out of. As many have said, he should have got in the best people he could afford to run the club & got out of their way.

• Like 5
  • Flames 7

10 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

If everyone wants Tinnion out, then why don’t the fans do something? Maybe section 82 could do something with a banner? I do get a bit fed up with all this noise and no action.

This the same section who unbelievably had a banner for him a few weeks back? 

Our fan base as a whole is soft. Always has been, always will be. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

They did, but they also didn’t hold back their disapproval of the QPR game, which is where the in fighting and arguments came from. 

I am sure the S82 lads can distinguish the Anfield win from the current situation. 

• Admin
14 hours ago, REDOXO said:

So do I. 

BT is great with development and will always be a shithead.

But for the love of god keep out of first team affairs and away from SL/JL because you know nothing. However it seems Ian might!

Clearly the previous mistakes weren't learnt from 

It wasn't that long ago it was widely recognised that he was out of his depth managing the first team, but fair play to him he went away rebuilt himself and got the seemingly perfect role around the academy, how the hell he's managed to get back into another lofty position is beyond me, clearly those in charge have a very short memory 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, TDarwall said:

Pearson was doomed from the start really.  As with Cotterill he's not Steve's cup of tea so it was only ever a matter of time.  Sometimes I think SL can't cope with confrontational characters or it might be he's more comfortable dealing with corporate types that he's built his successful career out of. As many have said, he should have got in the best people he could afford to run the club & got out of their way.

It’s common sense but some of the best brains and richest people around don’t have an ounce of it!!

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Unfortunately, because it goes completely against the grain as a real football fan, when you are being taken for granted as a paying customer there really is only one language those in charge understand………and it ain’t protests, bed sheets and banners.

If the current malaise doesn’t turn soon they could be finding that out sooner rather than later. In fact I would go as far to say if we get done by the Boyo’s next up there will be a fair whack of discontent amongst many fans not just the few on here.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, TDarwall said:

As Brian Clough once said, the Directors need to look after the business side and let those who know about the game i.e the manager get on with managing.

Ego’s got him out after 44 days at Leeds and whilst they continued to go backwards he took a provincial club to league champions and double European Cup winners.

Just because a Chairman is told something he might not like from a manager it is no reason to pull the trigger. It might just backfire, like it did for Leeds. The truth hurts!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Absolutely this. The timing was extraordinary. I honestly think they had totally mis read the fan base and thought it would be a popular decision.

Don't think they gave a rats ass about the opinions of the fan base.

As has already been said, they were scared that with returning injured players, things would get better.

Shameless ******* bastards 

• Like 2
  • Flames 5

1 hour ago, Tim Monaghan said:

If everyone wants Tinnion out, then why don’t the fans do something? Maybe section 82 could do something with a banner? I do get a bit fed up with all this noise and no action.

Nothing stopping you starting the chants from your part of the ground.

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We've all spoken about this before but being promoted to tecknical director was one promotion too much for him. 

Can't fault him at all for his work in the academy or as loans manager. 

He does know how to spot a decent player. Maybe a chief scout role would have been better for him. But to basically put him in charge of all footballing operations was a ridiculous promotion. 

The strange thing is that before he arrived the players were clearly able and wanting to learn. Hence the improvement we saw in lots of players. So the fact he's coming out and suggesting we have players that don't want to learn says more about his pwn methods than it does the players. 

Even when he first came in, the players bought into it all. Lots of them said that. But after 4 months the players have lost confidence in his methods. This is a hobest group of players so it actually pisses me off that he's suggesting they don't want to learn.

The problem is him and his text book coaching, not the players. They are playing with shackles on. They are not allowed to play with freedom. It's all structured. 

The guy is an absolute fraud as a manager. Good coach but that's it. Failed miserably at MK and then had a decent start at Oxford having spot a lot of money and then somehow ended up at a Championship club. 

He came in here and overloaded the players with information. He then admitted he got that approach wrong. He's now saying he's given them all the information they need so it's clear that he's gone back to default. 

Even up until today's interview, the guy believes that Bristol City didn't exist before he came in. It was basically forget everything you've learned before and how you played before and how you did things before, its my way now and you do things my way. He does not have any sort of standing in the game to have that sort of attitude so it's easy to see why experienced savvy people such as James, King and Wells wouldn't take too kindly to that.

Conway now looks like a league two player. Today it was clear to see that he is getting incredibly frustrated. His chances of going to the Euros have been blown by Manning not playing to his strengths. You put Conway in Coventrys team for example and he scores for fun. 

We've all heard stories before of how just the one pissed off player can have a huge impact on squad morale.

I'm incredibly pissed off. This guy came in. We had a decent squad. The right culture, good honest hard working team and now he's on the radio today questioning the culture??? Needs to take some responsibility because if that culture has changed, that's down to him and no one else. 

I pretty much agree. 

Conway looks like a shadow of the player he was. He doesn’t see the bloody ball anywhere where he can hurt the opposition. Yes his chances of the Euros have all but gone playing for this ****. If I was him I would hand in a transfer request the day the season ends. 

The utter crap that gets written supporting this utter crap is vomit making. For the love of god see what is in front of you if you really think we are better or improving. 

Even our premier podcast has an apologist for Manning and if rumors are to be believed fed by Tinnion. 

The idea he is a good coach was the comment I always heard about Lee Johnson as some kind of consolation prize for being dreadful at his job. It’s now plain he’s not and Im pretty confident Manning isn’t either. 

Players want to win games. Manning wants to win games his way. Exactly the same as Johnson. Mannings way could have us on the fringe of a relegation battle by next week.

I would leg it down the tunnel quick if we perform like that next weekend. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

I feel for Liam, I really do - he’s been chucked in the deep end with an anvil around his neck and he’s sinking fast.

However, there’s a much bigger picture to consider here. Chopping and changing managers isn’t going to make a blind bit of difference to the predicament BCFC have been in for years; our owners are fundamentally the problem because, while I’m grateful for the investments they’ve made in the club off the field, they wouldn’t know the difference between a football and a ruddy pangolin.

Jon L somehow manages to come across as cock-sure of himself and lacking in any self belief at the same time. I keep coming back to his preposterous remarks about us having a top six squad. A playoff contender doesn’t constantly meekly surrender possession to the opposition on the edge of its own penalty area. We struggle with the basics. 

If Manning does come acropper (and events at other clubs suggest managers get next to no time any more) I cannot believe that we, the fans, would tolerate the same people swinging the axe and making yet another terrible appointment. Tins is culpable too, but ultimately the people who run the club are the reason why we are where we are.

I’m not suggesting the Lansdowns just pull up the ladder and disappear - don’t think even they would be that grossly irresponsible - but by their own admission they were looking at viable buyers so I really hope they are working their arses off to bring that about.

Appointing another failed manager and giving him nothing to work with isn’t going to get us anywhere we want to be going. Especially when he’s merely having his strings pulled by a posse of circus clowns above him.

A thoroughly depressing state of affairs.

• Like 9
  • Flames 3

3 hours ago, Jose said:

Our fan base certainly hasn’t always been soft - it is now granted 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Conway looks like a shadow of the player he was. He doesn’t see the bloody ball anywhere where he can hurt the opposition. Yes his chances of the Euros have all but gone playing for this ****. If I was him I would hand in a transfer request the day the season ends. 

Liam has said more than once "I play with one striker". Whether that suits the strikers he has doesn't seem to come into it. Having fixed ideas you won't deviate from tends not to be good practice in any line of work.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Partly wider changes in society and football too of course.

I really enjoy parody club Streatham Rovers on Twitter. Cleverly lampoons the litany of irrelevant bollocks football clubs decide to get themselves entangled with nowadays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Liam has said more than once "I play with one striker". Whether that suits the strikers he has doesn't seem to come into it. Having fixed ideas you won't deviate from tends not to be good practice in any line of work.

And yet Conway’s chance last week at QPR was inter-play between him and Wells.  And then he said they’d worked on that in training in the build-up to the match.  So he must see something in a pairing of some shape or form, surely?

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And yet Conway’s chance last week at QPR was inter-play between him and Wells.  And then he said they’d worked on that in training in the build-up to the match.  So he must see something in a pairing of some shape or form, surely?

Only when we are chasing a result it seems, though @Davefevs?

I think Manning needs to decide on his “main one” now; it’s either TC or NW and then give them a run of games, rather than chopping and changing every week.

If I’m a betting person, neither with be our main striker next season as can see TC being sold in the summer (due to contract situation) and NW being even more of a bit-part squad player in his final season with us….

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Only when we are chasing a result it seems, though @Davefevs?

I think Manning needs to decide on his “main one” now; it’s either TC or NW and then give them a run of games, rather than chopping and changing every week.

If I’m a betting person, neither with be our main striker next season as can see TC being sold in the summer (due to contract situation) and NW being even more of a bit-part squad player in his final season with us….

Do you think the club is sensitive to the plummeting value of Conway which seems to have coincided with the change of "gaffer" ?

Edited by Natchfever

8 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

KNOCK KNOCK

Is there anyone out there (except the Lansdown's and Mr Gay) who want Tinnion in??

Yes, me. Brian is a club legend and anyone who went to Liverpool on that special night will agree. He may have not had the right temperament for management but has shown himself to be a very good judge of players. The development of our academy is also evidence of this. Our current problems seem to stem from this sacking of a much admired and respected manager with a great force of character and replacing him with a technical underachiever who lacks experience and strength of personality.  The old motto of “you should either have brains or hire brains” could also be usefully changed to “you should either have experience or hire experience “. 
we really need both brains and experience and we had those in the previous management team. I would wager that they were more expensive than Manning and Hogg - and that the change has more to do with saving costs rather than ambition. I expect that Brian is simply trying to fulfill his brief from the Lansdowns, who thought they could save cash and advance the prospects of the club.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

7 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Ah….Mob rule! Reminds me of the worst excesses of the French Revolution.

8 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Genuine question on this.

Given flags and such seem to need approval, would such a banner get permission?

29 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Do you think the club is sensitive to the plummeting value of Conway which seems to have coincided with the change of "gaffer" ?

What I'd say is that Manning came in and pretty much told Tommy "everything you've ever done and learned before now that has made you a promising Championship player, forget it, you do it my way now" 

Tommy to his credit has tried to buy into it. Didn't join up to the Scotland squad to stay behind and learn. 

I think Tommy is very sensitive to the fact that he has been a victim of this appointment and that his chances of going to the Euros are now probably gone. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

49 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I got some stick from a couple of posters a couple of weeks ago for suggesting the current way of playing was devaluing Conway.

Its like playing Alex Scott in CM and playing long-ball.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, TDarwall said:

SL, imo, has no idea of how to manage.  He needs to bring in proper qualified people……like Gould!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Yes, me. Brian is a club legend and anyone who went to Liverpool on that special night will agree. He may have not had the right temperament for management but has shown himself to be a very good judge of players. The development of our academy is also evidence of this. Our current problems seem to stem from this sacking of a much admired and respected manager with a great force of character and replacing him with a technical underachiever who lacks experience and strength of personality.  The old motto of “you should either have brains or hire brains” could also be usefully changed to “you should either have experience or hire experience “. 
we really need both brains and experience and we had those in the previous management team. I would wager that they were more expensive than Manning and Hogg - and that the change has more to do with saving costs rather than ambition. I expect that Brian is simply trying to fulfill his brief from the Lansdowns, who thought they could save cash and advance the prospects of the club.

I did. 

And I don't. 

Kindly don't speak for me.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2