IGNORED

Sid Out

Numero Uno

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

The snake departing and someone credible replacing him might actually placate me. 

And by someone credible, no Jon, not another friend of the family. 

What other championship club would appoint that *** anywhere near the 1st team let alone running the show.

Hes just a grasping sneaky *****. Lansdowns are the real *****, anyone who thinks they give a shit are deluded.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

Tinnion went public on what a brilliant window we had. My main issue is that we have done nothing to help with the here and now. In essence, we swapped Weimann for Twine who unfortunately has played 1 game. We brought in an untried youngster in Mebude who looks a dud and signed 2 players who we have loaned back and a 5th signing who is struggling for fitness.  We couldn’t fill our bench today and have a squad who are stretched physically that needed help & signings that could help us this season.

The jan window may work out great in the future but as I say, it’s unforgivable to basically not sign anyone who could be used or to add to our depth. The board need to take responsibility as after taking the wrong decision to make managerial change needed to open the cheque book to strengthen & push us on & help vindicate their mad decision.

i feel for Manning as set up for failure by those who have no place in a football club.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Comfy club 

Exactly this. I thought he was an excellent player for us, in fact he was in my top 3, but leave it at that. He also didn’t further his career at a bigger club, surely has a comfy mentality too. You’ve only got to look at all the ex players from that era all over the club, Hewlett, Bell, Murray. Again no issue as watched all those players and enjoyed it, but this is leadership of the club now, completely different to playing football. No other club at this level or above consistently appoint ex players on their staff! It’s almost as if that comfy nature of the years gone by just won’t go away, Nige did his best in my view to change that but it clearly wasn’t liked. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

He’s a ****.

Pure and simple.

At no other club would someone who had shown complete ineptitude when managing the club be rewarded with a bigger role. He thinks he’s bigger than Bristol City - you see it in the Liverpool celebrations. You see it in his Twitter interactions. Hes not a club legend. He’s a man who was paid handsomely and didn’t want to move house because his personal circumstances wouldn’t allow it.

Brian Tinnion cares about one man. And his name is Brian Tinnion. He showed it in his manoeuvring post Wilson. He’s shown it in the last few years. If he loved the club he’d walk away and admit that he’s incompetent.

But he won’t 

Because he’s Brian Tinnion - club legend

Ian Gay told him so.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Henry said:

Maybe we should have let him leave for Forest Green after all.

Well that’s the level surely. Ex player and relations with owners is only reason why in that role at this level in my opinion. Again great player, I was at Stoke away when the Beckham goal was scored but the stint as manager should have been the end of the story in my view. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

He’s a ****.

Pure and simple.

At no other club would someone who had shown complete ineptitude when managing the club be rewarded with a bigger role. He thinks he’s bigger than Bristol City - you see it in the Liverpool celebrations. You see it in his Twitter interactions. Hes not a club legend. He’s a man who was paid handsomely and didn’t want to move house because his personal circumstances wouldn’t allow it.

Brian Tinnion cares about one man. And his name is Brian Tinnion. He showed it in his manoeuvring post Wilson. He’s shown it in the last few years. If he loved the club he’d walk away and admit that he’s incompetent.

But he won’t 

Ian Gay told him so.

His club legend status is waivering for sure. He doesn’t go to away games now due to the grief he gets from upset fans. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

Just ask yourself, which other professional football club would choose Jon Lansdown for their Chairman or indeed Brian Tinnion as their Technical Director.

Maybe League 2?

They are both rank amateurs and should not be in post.

Incompetence is one thing but they take it to a whole new level!

We all love you, we all love you Galley is our king :dancing6:(I know a song about that)

2 hours ago, One Team said:

His club legend status is waivering for sure. He doesn’t go to away games now due to the grief he gets from upset fans. 

A great left foot for sure but I could never offer legendary status to a professional footballer who wouldn’t/couldn’t pass a ball 5 yards with his right foot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

The previous manager was stabbed in the back and you picked your manager to give us a "better chance of success", which is your prerogative if you feel Nige wasn't up to the job, yet we sit here on a dreadful run of NINE POINTS from TEN MATCHES including dismal defeats against 22nd and 23rd in the league. You have messed it up, the Lansdown's aren't going anywhere, Manning won't be going anywhere albeit is looking like a rabbit lost in the headlights and the standard of football is getting worse by the week after half a season in charge, so you have to fall on your sword Brian me old china. You've brought in a loan player who isn't up to the level, another loan player we won't be signing anyway and has only played 90 minutes and the season is deteriorating rapidly after you declared it wasn't good enough when nothing was really wrong. Let's get a Director of Football in with REAL experience and qualifications that are more than "used to play for the club", "messed up when managing the club" and "can run an Academy".

This football club is rotten to the core. Can’t believe how many still support the Lansdowns.. Shambles for years. **** off Lansdowns.

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 5
  • Flames 3

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Jon Lansdown needs to **** off back to his yacht after he has fired Tinnion and announced a chairman that has a clue and who is not saddled with top six squad comment!

effing Manning on the radio saying he needs players that want to learn! My lord! 

Weve had years of learners we need winners.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

This football club is rotten to the core. Can’t believe how many still support the Lansdowns.. Shambles for years. **** off Lansdowns.

You have people who will support no matter what. Even after the crap put out today people were stood there clapping at the end. I couldn’t believe it. Unfortunately Wednesdays PA was too load as there was quite some discontent too. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jose said:

You have people who will support no matter what. Even after the crap put out today people were stood there clapping at the end. I couldn’t believe it. Unfortunately Wednesdays PA was too load as there was quite some discontent too. 

I agree. There was a lot of anger directed at the players/coach at the end. Always think away support of this size is a good indication of supporters  general feeling and it wasn’t at all positive in the main. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, REDOXO said:

effing Manning on the radio saying he needs players that want to learn! My lord! 

Not heard the interview but this is disappointing to read. We were not at the races today, with no urgency whatsoever. The last two games were both difficult to watch and I’ve always felt that sort of thing falls on the manager.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jose said:

That bastardised remix of Daddy Cool was strange wasn't it! 

Just now, redsquirrel said:

its not your comment, its the thought of the fans giving him a hard time.

i find it amusing and thoroughly deserved. 👍

Ah right apologies I misunderstood you. Thanks mate. 👍

FWIW I have heard the point as fact from as good a source as you can get. 

• Like 1

Just now, redsquirrel said:

its not your comment, its the thought of the fans giving him a hard time.

i find it amusing and thoroughly deserved. 👍

So do I. 

BT is great with development and will always be a shithead.

But for the love of god keep out of first team affairs and away from SL/JL because you know nothing. However it seems Ian might!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Not heard the interview but this is disappointing to read. We were not at the races today, with no urgency whatsoever. The last two games were both difficult to watch and I’ve always felt that sort of thing falls on the manager.

Agree and I don’t remember him slagging off his own players after the Southampton. 
A touch of the Johnsons? “I” when we win “they” when we lose….

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fisherrich said:

Take aim and Fire! and... Boom!!! Bullseye. Well said.

They're well meaning but clueless, thin skinned amateurs.

Thank you for the hospitality boxes, now.... effin adios.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Take aim and Fire! and... Boom!!! Bullseye. Well said.

They're well meaning but clueless, thin skinned amateurs.

Thank you for the hospitality boxes, now.... effin adios.

They are not even well meaning any more. If they ever were.

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

He’s a ****.

Pure and simple.

But he won’t 

Ian Gay told him so.

We've all spoken about this before but being promoted to tecknical director was one promotion too much for him. 

Can't fault him at all for his work in the academy or as loans manager. 

He does know how to spot a decent player. Maybe a chief scout role would have been better for him. But to basically put him in charge of all footballing operations was a ridiculous promotion. 

12 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Jon Lansdown needs to **** off back to his yacht after he has fired Tinnion and announced a chairman that has a clue and who is not saddled with top six squad comment!

The strange thing is that before he arrived the players were clearly able and wanting to learn. Hence the improvement we saw in lots of players. So the fact he's coming out and suggesting we have players that don't want to learn says more about his pwn methods than it does the players. 

Even when he first came in, the players bought into it all. Lots of them said that. But after 4 months the players have lost confidence in his methods. This is a hobest group of players so it actually pisses me off that he's suggesting they don't want to learn.

The problem is him and his text book coaching, not the players. They are playing with shackles on. They are not allowed to play with freedom. It's all structured. 

The guy is an absolute fraud as a manager. Good coach but that's it. Failed miserably at MK and then had a decent start at Oxford having spot a lot of money and then somehow ended up at a Championship club. 

He came in here and overloaded the players with information. He then admitted he got that approach wrong. He's now saying he's given them all the information they need so it's clear that he's gone back to default. 

Even up until today's interview, the guy believes that Bristol City didn't exist before he came in. It was basically forget everything you've learned before and how you played before and how you did things before, its my way now and you do things my way. He does not have any sort of standing in the game to have that sort of attitude so it's easy to see why experienced savvy people such as James, King and Wells wouldn't take too kindly to that.

Conway now looks like a league two player. Today it was clear to see that he is getting incredibly frustrated. His chances of going to the Euros have been blown by Manning not playing to his strengths. You put Conway in Coventrys team for example and he scores for fun. 

We've all heard stories before of how just the one pissed off player can have a huge impact on squad morale.

I'm incredibly pissed off. This guy came in. We had a decent squad. The right culture, good honest hard working team and now he's on the radio today questioning the culture??? Needs to take some responsibility because if that culture has changed, that's down to him and no one else. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 4