IGNORED

Sid Out

Numero Uno

BTs quotes on how we intend to play and recruit below.

It also makes me think it's him that wants all the older experienced players gone...and making sure his 'finds' in Mehmetti and Cornick are getting more game time. 

"Yeah, there will be money in the summer," Tinnion continued. "We'll be in a position to buy players like Anis Mehmeti. There won't be any players coming in that are on the down. They'll all be on the up, they'll all be young, they'll all be athletic, they'll all be able to run because that's what our team is going to be based on now. We're going to be an athletic, young, physical running team."

"There are some really good players in League One that just need the opportunity. What we're looking for is players that have maybe played 200 games, they've got the experience but they just haven't had that opportunity to play in the Championship. We're very clear on what we want, we're very clear on the positions, and we're very clear on our targets so, hopefully, when the final whistle goes on that last day we'll be active."

Edited by spudski
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Who was the leader of the drinking culture ?

I've heard plenty of stories re BT in and around the pubs of Nailsea.

Stories and rumours abound.  Personalities do not always agree, but that does not mean that we should take sides. I liked Danny Wilson and I like Tins. Tins has been part of the club for so long that he now part of the warp and weft of the place. Many footballers owe a great deal to his wisdom and guidance but there are still many on this forum who seem content to rubbish his achievements. I believe that he has made a very significant contribution and I appreciate his efforts on behalf of our club.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

BTs quotes on how we intend to play and recruit. 

"Yeah, there will be money in the summer," Tinnion continued. "We'll be in a position to buy players like Anis Mehmeti. There won't be any players coming in that are on the down. They'll all be on the up, they'll all be young, they'll all be athletic, they'll all be able to run because that's what our team is going to be based on now. We're going to be an athletic, young, physical running team."

"There are some really good players in League One that just need the opportunity. What we're looking for is players that have maybe played 200 games, they've got the experience but they just haven't had that opportunity to play in the Championship. We're very clear on what we want, we're very clear on the positions, and we're very clear on our targets so, hopefully, when the final whistle goes on that last day we'll be active."

That sounds very sensible to me. Clearly the big wigs in the club have all sat down and decided on a way forward. They may be frustrated by missing out on some of their targets but they certainly have a direction. The three players that we have recruited from Derby show how we have been carrying out the plan.  I very much doubt if we will be buying many 30+ year olds who find it more difficult to press to the required standard.

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

That sounds very sensible to me. Clearly the big wigs in the club have all sat down and decided on a way forward. They may be frustrated by missing out on some of their targets but they certainly have a direction. The three players that we have recruited from Derby show how we have been carrying out the plan.  I very much doubt if we will be buying many 30+ year olds who find it more difficult to press to the required standard.

This was summer 2023’s plan!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Well we certainly haven't been playing like he describes under Manning. 

Less hard press, less running, less physical and more about moving the ball quicker and possession. 

Also a higher reliance on width.

We look nothing like BT describes.

This was where from LM’s first couple of interviews, I thought / hoped he was going to be a head-coach who had a great foundation but knew the value of being adaptable…and it would be evolution not revolution, because he recognised what he had and why.

The jury is certainly out on that.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Just listened to latest episode of FBC and that is clearly the main theme.

I just can't get my head around it. 

Why was it OK to criticise one manager for not getting more out of the same squad (with less availability) but then it's not OK to criticise another manager who's getting less out of the same squad (with better availability)? 

There can only be one conclusion really. 

• Like 13
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

Less hard press, less running, less physical and more about moving the ball quicker and possession. 

And if you are going to fill your team with unproven raw talent from league 1 and a coach with no higher experience other than league 1...and get rid of all your experienced older heads and Pros...the likelihood is you'll end up in League 1 where they're coming from.

It's madness to get rid of experience.

But yeah..BT knows best...his managerial career tells us that 🤷🙈🤣

Good post Spud

The apparent sudden change in core philosophies with no one at the Club mentioning it is something I’ve highlighted and a concern particularly with regards to recruitment 

But the loss of experience is my biggest concern 

If LM doesn’t work out and we are falling with  a mixed squad of players for philosophies , and we go on a dangerous slide , we are likely to look very ‘vulnerable’ , if you rate experience at those sort of times.

And if you decide to twist , where do you go then , another young coach at a time of crisis , a firefighter ? , someone more experienced but with his ideas on philosophies ?

Im absolutely , praying he does,  (Work out) because ,otherwise , we could end up with a real mess here .

Its not his fault , but there’s actually a lot of pressure and reliance on Liam Manning to deliver 

It would be nice to know if they have a plan should it not work out , I wonder ........ afraid I doubt it 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

The apparent sudden change in core philosophies with no one mentioning it is something I’ve highlighted and a concern particularly with regards to recruitment 

If LM doesn’t work out and we are falling with  a mixed squad of players for philosophies , and we go on a dangerous slide , we are likely to look very ‘vulnerable’ , if you rate experience at those sort of times.

And if you decide to twist , where do you go then , another young coach at a time of crisis , a firefighter ? , someone more experienced but with his ideas on philosophies ?

Im absolutely , praying he does,  (Work out) because ,otherwise , we could end up with a real mess here .

Its not his fault , but there’s actually a lot of pressure and reliance on Liam Manning to deliver 

It would be nice to know if they have a plan should it not work out , I wonder ........ afraid I doubt it 

It falls totally at BTs feet imo. He's put all this in place. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I now have another reason to hope we win v Cardiff, not just the 3 points; but to stop this utter garbage being posted on a forum for City supporters who dont necessarily want to hear the club they support constantly being 'rubbished' by people on Social Media. I can only presume those on here who like Italian-sounding names or districts of Bristol that should read 'Fishponds' or 'Eastville' rather than 'Redland' didnt go to the W.Ham games, nor the Forest games, nor recently to Coventry nor to Boro. I cant even believe they went to our last but one home game.

Interesting post, I too hope we win Vs Cardiff.

Also,
I don't like seeing City rubbished on social media, but if they have been rubbish they should get criticised.

I live in Fishponds, not sure how that's a problem. Grew up in BS2 too.

I've done over 100 grounds with City , went to WHU but not Forest, Cov or Boro away and have been at the home games. 
Does this allow me to be critical or not, just so I know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

And if you are going to fill your team with unproven raw talent from league 1 and a coach with no higher experience other than league 1...and get rid of all your experienced older heads and Pros...the likelihood is you'll end up in League 1 where they're coming from.

If we are building towards the kind of team Tins described then it is not surprising that we have not finished the squad building yet. We are clearly a work in progress  although that is probably a permanent state of affairs for a selling club.

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Good post Spud

The apparent sudden change in core philosophies with no one at the Club mentioning it is something I’ve highlighted and a concern particularly with regards to recruitment 

The highlighted bit is word for word what I've been saying to people. If Manning fails we are deep in the shit, no two ways about that, we will be staring relegation right down the barrel next season if the Board have to can Liam. That's what feeds into my opinion that Sid's gotta go:

1) He has helped create this situation.

2) I don't think he has the nous to get us out of the mess if Liam Manning fails.

I want Manning to succeed BUT if he doesn't I want the insurance policy of a proven Technical Director in place who has the experience to navigate the situation should the manager need to be relieved of his duties. My gut feeling is if the worst happens the hierarchy won't be able to avoid a big time panic decision and the situation will deteriorate from serious to terminal very quickly.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Good post Spud

I get all the plans about how players are club signings and all that. Players that can run press etc etc. 

The idea is that of needed you can take the manager out and replace him and there will be minimal changes required. I get all that. 

So the one question I have is and it's not been answered by anyone at the club, why the hell did we appoint a manager that doesn't fit into all of that? From day 1 I have said that Manning is not the right fit for the stated plan and I'll keep on saying it. 

My theory is he keeps rushing players back from injury and playing injured players because he absolutely feels that pressure. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

If we are building towards the kind of team Tins described then it is not surprising that we have not finished the squad building yet. We are clearly a work in progress  although that is probably a permanent state of affairs for a selling club.

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

But....but... we are supposed to progress THIS SEASON!

Or was that a lie?

• Like 6

Every time we chop and change managers, we are left with a residue of the squad who do not fit in with the new plans.  The cost of carrying these players and changing them is exceptionally high, so it seems eminently sensible to have a strand of continuity in the management structure. Tins is that man. He may not get every decision right and others may not always agree with his opinions and he will never please all the people all the time.  That does not mean that he is not making a massive and valuable contribution to the football side of the club.

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

But....but... we are supposed to progress THIS SEASON!

Or was that a lie?

Hope springs eternal.  We have a small squad and a newish manager. If we miss out this season, it will be interesting to see how the summer recruitment goes.  My main concern is the apparent lack of strength of character, but after Nige, most managers will seem that way.

13 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Yet they thought our squad was capable of top 6, full of experience, yet want to tear that idea up. Sorry but for me BT is full of BS.

• Like 5
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yet they thought our squad was capable of top 6, full of experience, yet want to tear that idea up. Sorry but for me BT is full of BS.

Well he could hardly say that we were relegation material, could he.  The leaders in the club have to push the message that we are on the up. This should put pressure on players, managers and those hoping to break into the team. It may also sell a few more tickets. Please don't start canning a bloke because he is too positive!

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well he could hardly say that we were relegation material, could he.  The leaders in the club have to push the message that we are on the up. This should put pressure on players, managers and those hoping to break into the team. It may also sell a few more tickets. Please don't start canning a bloke because he is too positive!

There's being positive...and then there is delusion. He said they expected promotion this season. And put that as one reason why they sacked NP as they thought he wasn't getting enough out of the squad. 

Now Manning is dismantling a squad considered good enough for top 6. 

Cmon...its all delusional bollox being spoken by the Club. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 5

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

But he could have said “we are a club with ambitions of being in the top 6”.

That’s very different to “we have a top 6 squad”.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

He needed Nige out of the way for his own career progression. 

He is now essentially in charge of the whole footballing operation. Manning picks the team (probably with BT's input) and takes the training, everything else is down to BT. 

Nige was standing in his way. As a traditional manager Nigel had more responsibilities than Manning does as a head coach. BT didn't like that. 

I think it's probably some sort of hang over from his own managerial career. If we would have got promoted under Nige then everyone's praising Nige. Now as BT has made all the decisions, if we get promoted under LM 🤣 then BT gets the plaudits. He's determined to make people believe that he's not a failure is my synopsis. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 8

18 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I So the one question I have is and it's not been answered by anyone at the club, why the hell did we appoint a manager that doesn't fit into all of that?

So ,and keeping it to the playing style approach and , to me the glaring discrepancy about a Tinnions repeated sound bites , front foot football ,athletic, runners , pace , etc

Surely the simple answer is one of two things Gull , 

A We’ve (Tinnion) has decided to take a completely different playing path philosophy based around possession , control , processes etc and then identified LM as the ideal fit

or 

B BT , for whatever reason only he could explain , hooked onto LM as the next bright thing and with JL was prepared to chuck aspects of the footballing philosophies , and follow and back Manning instead

I guess there’s the third option that they diidnt comprehend or understand what they were appointing in terms of playing philosophy etc , but as I’ve said previously , that’s ridiculously absurd even for them

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He is now essentially in charge of the whole footballing operation. Manning picks the team (probably with BT's input) and takes the training, everything else is down to BT. 

Nige was standing in his way. As a traditional manager Nigel had more responsibilities than Manning does as a head coach. BT didn't like that. 

I think it's probably some sort of hang over from his own managerial career. If we would have got promoted under Nige then everyone's praising Nige. Now as BT has made all the decisions, if we get promoted under LM 🤣 then BT gets the plaudits. He's determined to make people believe that he's not a failure is my synopsis. 

I am starting to think the same. It's all about BT now.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Hope springs eternal.  We have a small squad and a newish manager. If we miss out this season, it will be interesting to see how the summer recruitment goes.  My main concern is the apparent lack of strength of character, but after Nige, most managers will seem that way.

Sorry to say but I for one will not be an apologist for liars.

• Like 2
  • Flames 6

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

In fairness 

If he gets us promoted or even close (Without throwing massive £ at it)

You have to say ‘And so he actually should’  

This is definitely BTs ship

1 hour ago, spudski said:

BTs quotes on how we intend to play and recruit below.

It also makes me think it's him that wants all the older experienced players gone...and making sure his 'finds' in Mehmetti and Cornick are getting more game time. 

God help us if we find ourselves with a side full of Mehmetis and Cornicks.

• Like 2